*** The Official Rangers V Morton Match Thread ***

Rangers Lady

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yet, you suggest Kiernan? Holt as a defensive midfielder? Toral? Tavernier?

Wilson is naturally left sided, Kiernan right. In a back 3 that's who you would pick. Who goes instead? Senderos the fucking coward or Bates? Come on.

Toral and Hyndman are our best midfielders, end of.

Defensive mid is a problem, Halliday can't cut it, Barton left, Rossiter isn't fit, Thompson isn't fit. So Holt can run all day, that will have to do, close down players, deny space.

In a 3-5-2 your wingbacks are largely relieved of defensive duty, so Tav goes ahead of Hodson.

We have problems, but 4-3-3 ain the solution.

6 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Thought Toral was one of our few decent players last time out tbf, great assist for the goal.

Thought he was awful, again.

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Wilson is naturally left sided, Kiernan right. In a back 3 that's who you would pick. Who goes instead? Senderos the fucking coward or Bates? Come on.

Defensive mid is a problem, Halliday can't cut it, Barton left, Rossiter isn't fit, Thompson isn't fit. So Holt can run all day, that will have to do, close down players, deny space.

In a 3-5-2 your wingbacks are largely relieved of defensive duty, so Tav goes ahead of Hodson.

Play 4 at the back, and play neither, like I have.

Any proof Toral is our best midfielder?

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Thought he was awful, again.

Play 4 at the back, and play neither, like I have.

Any proof Toral is our best midfielder?

Who do you think we have that is better than Toral?

4 at the back is why we've shipped a fuckload of goals, we need to strengthen the middle. We have no wingers, so we should stop playing them and our midfield is power puff so we need 5 in there.

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

Who do you think we have that is better than Toral?

4 at the back is why we've shipped a fuckload of goals, we need to strengthen the middle. We have no wingers, so we should stop playing them and our midfield is power puff so we need 5 in there.

Since he has been here, Halliday has been every bit as good, not saying he actually is better though.

No, a shit defence is mainly the reason.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Since he has been here, Halliday has been every bit as good, not saying he actually is better though.

No, a shit defence is mainly the reason.

Halliday plays wearing skates, he's always on his arse. I've yet to see him tackle or win a 50/50.

I'd like to see 5-4-1

Behind the ball when not in possession and wingers/midfielders forward when in possession.

Rossiter in when fit and Hyndman moved forward one instead of Windass.

Garner for Miller also when we learn to supply him with the proper balls. 

A better CB or two wouldn't go amiss in the summer also!

IMG_3163.PNG

Jak 

Tav Bates Wilson Wallace

Halliday (Get the finger oot) 

Hyndman Toral 

Windass

Miller Garner

(4-1-2-1-2)

Tav and Wallace playing as wingers almost, Bates Wilson and Halliday sitting in a triangle with Halliday not moving from in front of them. Hyndman making late runs into the box, Toral and Windass being the main creative players and looking for the final pass, Miller and Garner to make the space and give the defenders a hard time and look to get onto anything that enters the box - they should be thinking as soon as they have the ball (how can I get this in the net?).

Completely bombard them with crosses, shots and fast attacking play - always looking to go forwards and not back. We need to make things happen fast and not give them time to think.

Nothing less than Rangers 3+ is unacceptable.

6 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Isn't Thompson on loan at Raith rovers?????

We are at home and playing Morton ???  No need for a back 3 they will play 1 up and pack the midfield !  We need to attack them using the width of the pitch and at pace. Queen of the South took 4 off them last weekend!!!  My team is....

Fodringham

Tav Senderos Wilson Wallace

Holt Hyndman Windass

MoH Dodoo McKay

6 hours ago, Cobham said:

I'd like to see 5-4-1

Behind the ball when not in possession and wingers/midfielders forward when in possession.

IMG_3163.PNG

Hi Walter, anyway you could also squeeze Senderos and Bates in there? 

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Hi Walter, anyway you could also squeeze Senderos and Bates in there? 

I've already got Senderos in there so unless we clone him....

Yes when you say 5-4-1 it sounds very negative but in my opinion it would allow the full back to get forward without leaving the CBs exposed. You would also have three midfielders in forward going positions along with the striker. Most of our good play last season came from our full backs. 

We play with 3 up front at the moment 'to stretch teams' but rarely do we utilise the wingers to good effect, they cut inside and rarely supply good service into the box for the strikers from wide positions, waste of time in my opinion! 

Anyway what was so wrong with Walter, I know it's a while back but I'm sure I remember him winning some stuff! ?

I'd go with 

Alnwick 

Tavernier--Wilson--Hill--Wallace 

Toral--Windass--Hyndman 

Burt--Dodoo--McKay

The defensive mid argument is irrelevant tbh, we don't have one so may as well just play 3 central/attacking midfielders. 

We should honestly be winning this game about 3 or 4 to nil. 

But no doubt it'll be a narrow 2-1 win or something, make it hard for ourselves as always 

It's unthinkable to lose it, if we do then I think MW will do the right thing and walk away. Then a new manager can take over, get a whopping 2-3m to spend in the summer and produce the same results. Then we throw another manager at it..   

Money is what we need. And sadly there is none of that 

11 hours ago, Cobham said:

I'd like to see 5-4-1

IMG_3163.PNG

Fuck sake, we really do have the fear nowadays dont we?

Against wee teams like morton as well.

We should be attacking like fuck and defending sensibly, defending sensibly doesn't mean having 5 defenders because we're paranoid but using the right tactics for the players we have. EG get kiernan to fuck and dont play such a high line with old slow defenders.

I'm a fucking retard and I understand it, so why wont warburton do it?

11 hours ago, Cobham said:

I'd like to see 5-4-1

IMG_3163.PNG

Dreadful idea with 5 at the back. Opposition team plays 5 in midfield and pins Wallace and tav back. We will be defending the whole game and let's be honest we're no great at it. The midfield 3 you have picked is the one I want to see get a run for a few weeks. Think it can cause some damage going forward. 

12 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Fuck sake, we really do have the fear nowadays dont we?

Against wee teams like morton as well.

We should be attacking like fuck and defending sensibly, defending sensibly doesn't mean having 5 defenders because we're paranoid but using the right tactics for the players we have. EG get kiernan to fuck and dont play such a high line with old slow defenders.

I'm a fucking retard and I understand it, so why wont warburton do it?

Like I said before (although the picture looks that way) I don't think it is defensive. Tav and Wallace would play further forward without leaving the cbs exposed. Chelsea play 5-4-1 and their fans probably don't moan about it that much. Alonso and Moses play very far forward when needed and defend when needed. 

2 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

Dreadful idea with 5 at the back. Opposition team plays 5 in midfield and pins Wallace and tav back. We will be defending the whole game and let's be honest we're no great at it. The midfield 3 you have picked is the one I want to see get a run for a few weeks. Think it can cause some damage going forward. 

I know it looks like that but the players are allowed to move! 

What if I do it again, move Tav and Wallace into midfield and call it a 3-5-2, would that make it better?

1 minute ago, Cobham said:

Like I said before (although the picture looks that way) I don't think it is defensive. Tav and Wallace would play further forward without leaving the cbs exposed. Chelsea play 5-4-1 and their fans probably don't moan about it that much. Alonso and Moses play very far forward when needed and defend when needed. 

Yeah but they have Kante ??? 

3 minutes ago, CRARFC said:

Yeah but they have Kante ??? 

I know but it's all relative. They have Kante but we are playing against players a fraction as good as the ones Kante is playing against. And I think Rossiter will be very good in that role if and when fit.