De Boer Brothers

Bluebear11

12 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

My brother in law who is friends with a Scottish sportsman (not football) who is also a Rangers fan. He says King is finished with Warburton, and has lost all trust in the guy. No information on a replacement however.

As the old saying goes 'you can't kid a kidder'.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If there was even the slightest hope of this happening, I'd be ecstatic. 

Unfortunately there isn't.

When we eventually bump of MW to take the heat off the board and King, we'll be sticking a bag average Scottish manager of SPL level in and not giving him the required level of funding to compete. Rinse, and repeat. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

If there was even the slightest hope of this happening, I'd be ecstatic. 

Unfortunately there isn't.

When we eventually bump of MW to take the heat off the board and King, we'll be sticking a bag average Scottish manager of SPL level in and not giving him the required level of funding to compete. Rinse, and repeat. 

This, sadly, is exactly how it will pan out. 

I would love Frank De Boer with a 20 million pound transfer kitty and full backing but in reality we will get Tommy Wright, Billy Davies or Alex McLeish. Nothing surer. 

25 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This, sadly, is exactly how it will pan out. 

I would love Frank De Boer with a 20 million pound transfer kitty and full backing but in reality we will get Tommy Wright, Billy Davies or Alex McLeish. Nothing surer. 

Said this for a week now. We'll be linked with bigger names like De Boer etc but will end up with McLeish till the end of the season if he goes before then. Failing that we flap about at the end of the season and get someone like McInnes or Wright, who has fuck all time to do anything then uses the team gelling excuse by November when were 20+ behind again. 

You can see it coming a mile off. 

Warburton will be here until the summer. We will have to appoint a decent pedigree of manager. Season ticket sales will dictate that. It won't be De Boer though let's be real. 

I'd consider Alex Neil. I couldn't give a single fuck about his background before anyone says it, he's a professional football man not a fan. He takes no shit and has a good track record. He knows the league. And he may be attainable unlike FDB. 

Away and take your shite attempt at a stealth in the know thread this may be acceptable on follow follow but this is rangers media unless you have substantial evidence to back up your claim then knowing sources from supporters clubs is not worthy I'm not buying this one ?✋

2 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Away and take your shite attempt at a stealth in the know thread this may be acceptable on follow follow but this is rangers media unless you have substantial evidence to back up your claim then knowing sources from supporters clubs is not worthy I'm not buying this one ?✋

You tell him Mark 92 on yourself son

FDB would probably be my preferred choice but even so his record in Europe with Ajax was pish poor.

Like everyone said we will end up with some dross from SPL anyways.

Michael O'Neill could be a shout, worked wonders with utter shite at NI. Gets the best out of his players that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

FDB would probably be my preferred choice but even so his record in Europe with Ajax was pish poor.

Like everyone said we will end up with some dross from SPL anyways.

Michael O'Neill could be a shout, worked wonders with utter shite at NI. Gets the best out of his players that's for sure.

Working wonders with utter shite could well be the thing that gets him the job.

I wouldn't say our players are utter shite, but they are average at best, set up properly they would win more points.

It's ok to say "it's about what we do etc etc" if you have superstars in your team.

We don't and the game has 22 players on the pitch so it's about what both teams do.

We also might score a few goals from set-peices as Northern Ireland have been good at them when i have watched them.

People actually saying Frank De Boer's record with Ajax in Europe was poor.....

If people think we would ever be in a position to turn down the ex Ajax and Inter Milan Manager down, because of a poor european record then you'd have to be off your rocker. Their is absolute no chance of this happening. 

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Working wonders with utter shite could well be the thing that gets him the job.

I wouldn't say our players are utter shite, but they are average at best, set up properly they would win more points.

It's ok to say "it's about what we do etc etc" if you have superstars in your team.

We don't and the game has 22 players on the pitch so it's about what both teams do.

We also might score a few goals from set-peices as Northern Ireland have been good at them when i have watched them.

Agreed.

Fuck this McLeish talk etc go and get this man in. Let him use the rest of the season to get his ideas across and find out what he needs. 

I'm sure he signed a new deal with 700k buy out which could be an issue. Unless he does a Walter and walks away from it.

1 minute ago, ricksen_da_best said:

People actually saying Frank De Boer's record with Ajax in Europe was poor.....

If people think we would ever be in a position to turn down the ex Ajax and Inter Milan Manager down, because of a poor european record then you'd have to be off your rocker. Their is absolute no chance of this happening. 

Didn't say I'd turn him down was just pointing out he wouldn't be the messiah some people are making him out to be.

Of course we would take him in a heartbeat but it's not going to happen. Not without major kitty for him which King doesn't have.

3 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Agreed.

Fuck this McLeish talk etc go and get this man in. Let him use the rest of the season to get his ideas across and find out what he needs. 

I'm sure he signed a new deal with 700k buy out which could be an issue. Unless he does a Walter and walks away from it.

I'm not sure he would come here tbh.

He certainly knows how to get the best out of his players, if players want to play for you they will go that extra yard to impress.

He also studies the opposition and identifies weaknesses to exploit, or strengths that his team needs to counter.

Admittedly he gets more time to study because it's international football and the demands are different at a club like ours, who knows? It's all hypothetical anyway.

That's where i think it has went pear-shaped this season for us and Warburton, the players have lost faith in his system and the same mistakes every week are killing us, but he persists with the 4-3-3.

I wouldn't have assumed at Ajax he'd have been given millions and millions to spend. They promote from within mostly. Not that I think this will happen but he would want a big wage which King most likely won't fork out. Kids need the inheritance and all that. 

Michael ONeil isn't a bad shout at all

23 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

I wouldn't have assumed at Ajax he'd have been given millions and millions to spend. They promote from within mostly. Not that I think this will happen but he would want a big wage which King most likely won't fork out. Kids need the inheritance and all that. 

Michael ONeil isn't a bad shout at all

Key difference being that Ajax have local talent to draw from, that local talent being dutch. 

Unfortunately the pool of "talent" from which we can draw is based in Scotland, where cunts think they've hit the big time after 10 first team appearances, and are more interested in being seen up the town, and being the first in their peer group to complete a shagger's clean sweep by riding every bird from Diamond Dolls.

Fundamental differences. All too often talent in Scotland is wasted when chasing the celebrity dream, instead of knuckling down and getting stuck in. Same rule generally applies in England to be fair. It's a core flaw of the UK attitude. 

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

I'm not sure he would come here tbh.

He certainly knows how to get the best out of his players, if players want to play for you they will go that extra yard to impress.

He also studies the opposition and identifies weaknesses to exploit, or strengths that his team needs to counter.

Admittedly he gets more time to study because it's international football and the demands are different at a club like ours, who knows? It's all hypothetical anyway.

That's where i think it has went pear-shaped this season for us and Warburton, the players have lost faith in his system and the same mistakes every week are killing us, but he persists with the 4-3-3.

I think he would bite your hand off for it tbh.

He still lives in Scotland so wont have to uproot the family. How much further can he actually take NI? Stocks the highest it will be so only way is down. Could stay on qualify for WC but what if they don't qualify it's a dead end.

Think we all agree it's time for a change. Sad thing is don't trust the board to have the bottle to get rid of MW.

3 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

I think he would bite your hand off for it tbh.

He still lives in Scotland so wont have to uproot the family. How much further can he actually take NI? Stocks the highest it will be so only way is down. Could stay on qualify for WC but what if they don't qualify it's a dead end.

Think we all agree it's time for a change. Sad thing is don't trust the [fucking potless, lying] board to have the bottle  money to get rid of MW.

fixed.

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

Key difference being that Ajax have local talent to draw from, that local talent being dutch. 

Unfortunately the pool of "talent" from which we can draw is based in Scotland, where cunts think they've hit the big time after 10 first team appearances, and are more interested in being seen up the town, and being the first in their peer group to complete a shagger's clean sweep by riding every bird from Diamond Dolls.

Fundamental differences. All too often talent in Scotland is wasted when chasing the celebrity dream, instead of knuckling down and getting stuck in. Same rule generally applies in England to be fair. It's a core flaw of the UK attitude. 

I completely agree. It was just a single point I was making. It's easy to say we will promote youth and do whatever but when some guy at 16 gets a few games and thinks he's the next Maradona then it's fucked. Look at guys like Wilson, I get we may of had to sell but he fucked off to England and done hee haw and it stunted his development.