DeanMK

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, the_r_sole said:

surely it's his job to find talent that we have a chance of signing?!?

of course - and he will know the parameters he can work to roughly - he aint going to go for messi.But he is a scout. He should identify the talent first and foremost, its someone elses job to worry about wages.

Just now, cushynumber said:

of course - and he will know the parameters he can work to roughly - he aint going to go for messi.But he is a scout. He should identify the talent first and foremost, its someone elses job to worry about wages.

well, do you know how many players he has identified as talent compared to the number that are actually viable in terms of coming to scotland for poor wages in comparison to an english club?

I would imagine if you are scouting for a club in england targets are a lot more attainable, and part of his job must be to identify ability alongside likelihood of actually signing

9 minutes ago, the_r_sole said:

well, do you know how many players he has identified as talent compared to the number that are actually viable in terms of coming to scotland for poor wages in comparison to an english club?

I would imagine if you are scouting for a club in england targets are a lot more attainable, and part of his job must be to identify ability alongside likelihood of actually signing

given the wages we have reportedly shelled out to some of our signings, it doesnt sound like we are actually scraping the barrel, yet nothing really has come through apart from Rossiter whom he had a close relationship with. If we were able to provide decent wages to attract the England Under 21 captain, then similar talent should be available who would be happy with those wages - yet theres nothing coming through.

Wages obviously play a part, but i dont think the reason Mcparland is failing is because we have "bugger all wages".

Excellent CV as a scout but in reality his signings have been terrible, his "scouting" has been that of players he and Warburton have been previously involved with. Quite simply unacceptable. The board can't escape criticism here either budget he'd have had to work with won't have helped him but he's been a complete failure. 

6 minutes ago, WGOH said:

I know we always take bookies odds with a pinch of salt, but Warburton is 2nd fave - 2/1 (25/1 yesterday). 

:offtopic: I know, but maybe this is where the troops are off to. 

For the job should Frank quit? someone knows something :rofl:

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

it's warburtons paper of choice 

Also his favourite journo. 

As far as I know, the major investors are not happy at how the transfer budget was spent in the summer & I suspect this is the result. 

Big job for the board to get somebody else in - preferably somebody completely independent to the manager so when one goes, it doesn't mean the other follows as will no doubt happen here. 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Also his favourite journo. 

As far as I know, the major investors are not happy at how the transfer budget was spent in the summer & I suspect this is the result. 

Big job for the board to get somebody else in - preferably somebody completely independent to the manager so when one goes, it doesn't mean the other follows as will no doubt happen here. 

I think he'll be gone this summer hopefully this is the beginning of planning for the summer under new management  

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

given the wages we have reportedly shelled out to some of our signings, it doesnt sound like we are actually scraping the barrel, yet nothing really has come through apart from Rossiter whom he had a close relationship with. If we were able to provide decent wages to attract the England Under 21 captain, then similar talent should be available who would be happy with those wages - yet theres nothing coming through.

Wages obviously play a part, but i dont think the reason Mcparland is failing is because we have "bugger all wages".

A combination of having less wages than most english clubs can offer and playing in a much worse league setup - the two are the major reasons it's difficult to get signings

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

What's the point in having a chief scout if there is no budget to bring in his targets? Pointless, may as well let him go and save his wage. Do we really need a chief scout to trawl for free transfers and loans? 

Grim stuff overall. We are fucking skint.

funny when we binned our scouting network under ally, it was the board that got it tight for not supplying the manager with the backroom tools for his job

wonder if the same monkeys will dance to that same tune now its a different board but same outcome

10 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

England U19 captain. He left Liverpool for a number of reasons including the new manager. Wages weren't Rossiters concern it was first team football.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

funny when we binned our scouting network under ally, it was the board that got it tight for not supplying the manager with the backroom tools for his job

wonder if the same monkeys will dance to that same tune now its a different board but same outcome

We haven't binned our scouting so it's not the same outcome.