blueretro

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gallows high said:

Call what I said abuse ? You a bit sensitive and easily offended 

Not one bit.

Your choice of McLeish or John Brown will offend many though.

Would be interested in your reasoning for either being anywhere near the job? 

19 minutes ago, jcb said:

Not one bit.

Right now we need players to win at all costs , run through a brick wall for this club.

Plenty have come to this club and done it , it's not impossible , it's actually a basic requirement that hasn't been there for several years 

short term we need the type of manager who can help players do this , we are in the trenches now and only the right mentality will do . Both of the men I mention can do that , I'm sure of it 

26 minutes ago, jcb said:

Not one bit.

Just read your post again , my choice may "Offend many " . Are you some fucking hand wringing Bheast ? 

Seriously , don't bother responding to me 

1 minute ago, Gallows high said:

Right now we need players to win at all costs , run through a brick wall for this club.

Plenty have come to this club and done it , it's not impossible , it's actually a basic requirement that hasn't been there for several years 

short term we need the type of manager who can help players do this , we are in the trenches now and only the right mentality will do . Both of the men I mention can do that , I'm sure of it 

McLeish took us to 3rd place with a style of football that would have it banned.

Listened to John Brown for years at youth/reserve level and doubt his bullying/threatening ways are what is needed.

Both men are "Rangers men" but both belong to a time long gone and rightly so.

5 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

Just read your post again , my choice may "Offend many " . Are you some fucking hand wringing Bheast ? 

Seriously , don't bother responding to me 

1 From a football view.

2 Wont even dignify that with a answer.

3 I will respond this time only.

22 minutes ago, jcb said:

McLeish took us to 3rd place with a style of football that would have it banned.

Listened to John Brown for years at youth/reserve level and doubt his bullying/threatening ways are what is needed.

Both men are "Rangers men" but both belong to a time long gone and rightly so.

Funnily enough "clueless bully" was the description I got of Brown from a mate who played under him at Rangers. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Funnily enough "clueless bully" was the description I got of Brown from a mate who played under him at Rangers. 

Would that be a centre forward by any chance?

Some of the stuff he came away with from the touchline was embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

It's no secret Bomber was a bully and awful coach. 

I'm still not sure that the above reasons would be enough to stop some of the men who matter from giving him some sort of role , maybe alongside Murty but more likely on his own with Murty reverting to the youths .

16 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I'm still not sure that the above reasons would be enough to stop some of the men who matter from giving him some sort of role , maybe alongside Murty but more likely on his own with Murty reverting to the youths .

If being a terrible coach with a bulluing attitude doesn't preclude you from being employed then what would?

Should be nowhere near the club imo.

Murty is hopelessly out of his depth.   It's not a criticism - its a simple fact.  He has no direct relevant managerial track record or experience to bring to bear.   He's learning from managerial scratch as he goes along drawing on whatever he has seen and heard from other managers he's worked with and from whatever coaching courses he has done.    In appointing him King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have taken a punt, placed a bet, gambled with the result for the rest of the season or until they replace him.   They did not appear to have a contingency plan for having to replace Warburton+2 at short notice.   They appear to have been panicked into finding an -n-house solution and Murty drew the short straw (or was maybe the only option).   Their risk management was lousy.  

Unless that is King etc took an early view that appointing a managerial virgin was not an issue if they had already resigned themselves to this season being an utter shambles and the game moves on to finding replacements that will somehow generate enough enthusiasm from the Support to sell good numbers of STs for next season.   Murty would then be a shield of sorts to keep some flak away from the Board while they scramble to put a rescue plan of DOF and head coach together then go and find a couple of folks willing to take the jobs on.  Murty risks being hung out to dry if results and performances like today continue (assuming he is allowed to stay on as caretaker or does not himself step back).  The next challenge is in 5 days time at Inverness

If King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board do want to rescue something from this season and reduce the risk of the team's results falling into freefall then they surely they need to appoint a suitably experienced replacement and stop asking Murty to take on way more he's qualified to do.     I'm not placing any bets about seeing a DOF and head coach appointed until after the OF game.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-2-11 at 8:12 PM, K.A.I said:

Must admit I wasn't impressed with the Celtic-loving Dad article, either.

But I'm not going to put a gun to his head because of his Dad. We can't help what we are born into.

Provided he's not a mad fenian himself who used to have season tickets at the Piggery I'm happy for him to step in as interim to help us out. If he's shite then we can always get rid. I don't think it would derail our objectives. 

@The Dude