So it's Graeme Murty

blueretro

8 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Question:

"Is it daunting the thought about going to Parkhead in a couple of weeks?"

Should have been answered:

"No, of course not! We are Rangers football club and we shouldn't be daunted going anywhere. We are the worlds most successful club and the day we are scared to go to any away ground is the day we ought to chuck it"

Must just be me but a lot of our support seem to forget who we are. We need to get our arrogance back instead of accepting we are second best. SECOND WILL NEVER BE FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH - EVER!!!!!

It's actually quite refreshing having someone being completely honest and open instead of having something like this;

/ -------The lads have trained well

Question 1  -------/----------We learned from it

\----------We are only concerned with ourselves

Question 2  -------/----------We learned from it

Question 3  -------/----------We learned from it

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Question:

"No, of course not! We are Rangers football club and we shouldn't be daunted going anywhere. We are the worlds most successful club and the day we are scared to go to any away ground is the day we ought to chuck it"

Must just be me but a lot of our support seem to forget who we are. We need to get our arrogance back instead of accepting we are second best. SECOND WILL NEVER BE FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH - EVER!!!!!

He Probably thought it will be a change from going with my Dad. 

44 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Daunting fuck all

I know mate. Needs to get the right Football Manager-esq soundbite first time or it's a pure disaster. Counts far more than experience and ability, as we all know.

49 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

It is a daunting task for a young inexperienced manager with a squad of p,ayers lacking confidence, but that does not translate to 'scared' as some have implied.  I am sure many of us have faced daunting tasks and actually looked forward to the challenge.  Sunday should provide a good indicator of whether or not he has the players backing.

Yep, which he pretty much implied in the next sentence after using the word 'daunting'.

10 hours ago, B1872 said:

Question:

He never said he was scared though. He looked at the current situation and then said that there is nothing better than going into a big game as underdogs (you know we will be) and getting a result.

Of course it would be daunting for a man thrust into the spotlight. He was talking about himself and it being a personal challenge if he has to face it. It wasn't the club that was daunted by it.

Like many I found that he spoke well and sensibly for a man in his position. Nothing negative to take from it unless you are trying really hard to criticise.

10 hours ago, B1872 said:

Question:

You think he's going to come and say this? Statements like that are best kept in doors - they only come back to bite you on the arse. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

To his credit today he's saying he doesn't want the job long term as Rangers deserve someone who's not a rookie like him and learning. 

Theres something about him I like, don't know what it is but I do. 

Yeah I hear what your saying...I really like the guy.  Speaks well, really honest,  seems to get the importance of our tradition etc. Etc. Sounds all to familiar; but I think there's something about him.

Wouldn't be surprised if he remaimed in situ with a DOF appointed before a new manager.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

To his credit today he's saying he doesn't want the job long term as Rangers deserve someone who's not a rookie like him and learning. 

Theres something about him I like, don't know what it is but I do. 

It's because he's a rabid tim isn't it! 

15 hours ago, Smile said:

He Probably thought it will be a change from going with my Dad. 

To be fair that was funny, but I'll defend him to an extent, all the "presser" (hate that word) experts on here and elsewhere are upset that he's "daunted" by the visit to the phiggery but GM didn't use the word himself, he only answered the question that Raman bhardwaj fed him, naughty but clever seeing he probably knew his background and it would put him in a position. So what should he have answered "no way, I'm an under 20's coach, I do it all the time" ! The Scottish mheejah whot they like !

image.gif

26 minutes ago, Gallows high said:

For a temp manager , Mcleish or john brown . Then kenny Miller 

Seriously?

Mcleish - Remember the circumstances in which he left and his managerial trail of wreckage  since.

Brown? why

Miller- still a player standing beside Murty at the u20's trying to learn a bit.

Behave yourself, as it stands Murty is taking the team tomorrow, the Morton game was way too soon  to get any idea of whats what, now he has had a week with the players to put a bit of his stamp on it tomorrow may tell a different tale, deserves our unwavering support until he is replaced (no dinosaurs need apply)

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's saying today he made mistakes Morton game and changes will be made to rectify - he's let the players know this.

hoping it's Senderos and Halliday 

I really like his honesty. 

The problem with CM is that no matter who you put in there along side Hyndman we look pretty week. Holt, Toral, Mckay, Windass, they all aren't combatitive enough to play CM. Hyndman picks himself but we need a ball winner to allow Hyndman to push on and play in the areas he's most effective! 

17 hours ago, pcbear said:

Seriously?

Mcleish - Remember the circumstances in which he left and his managerial trail of wreckage  since.

Brown? why

Miller- still a player standing beside Murty at the u20's trying to learn a bit.

Behave yourself, as it stands Murty is taking the team tomorrow, the Morton game was way too soon  to get any idea of whats what, now he has had a week with the players to put a bit of his stamp on it tomorrow may tell a different tale, deserves our unwavering support until he is replaced (no dinosaurs need apply)

You still want this clown Murty ?

you fucking behave yourself 

On 17 February 2017 at 6:33 PM, Inigo said:

At the end of the day, he's highly unlikely to be managerial material for us at this stage in his career, but the guy has stepped up to the plate and put his neck on the line as a complete rookie, so I think people should cut him some slack when it comes to shit like being upset that he said going to CP is a daunting prospect. I mean, I'm daunted by the prospect right now,  but he's the manager and with a bit more experience he might not have chosen to go with that word (which was fed to him btw, he didn't just pluck it out of thin air). But that's the point, he's not experienced. In terms of interviews though, he's come across remarkably well overall for someone thrust into the limelight from his position. I think jumping on the first small, small mistake (if it even is that) is just massively unfair. 

Stepped up to the plate eh ????

On 17 February 2017 at 8:11 PM, Inigo said:

If by recently you mean 10 years ago, then yes, he did.

Jesus Christ. The guy has a good, good CV as a youth coach, was a pretty impressive signing in that department when we got him and now people want to cast all that aside (being promoted through the ranks at Norwich and Southampton) because he said in 2007 that his dad is a sellic fan.

I think if we're going to challenge the tims again, these kinds of warped priorities wouldn't be likely to help.

You still happy with Murty aye ???

fucking idiots everywhere happy to accept underachievement