So it's Graeme Murty

blueretro

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm asking what you know to say he's an average coach? I don't know much about him as a coach prior to joining us and the description I got from Craig Mulholland was that he's "highly regarded in England and was voted one of the top 10 best Academy coaches in England". After that I've been impressed with the way he has handled himself as U20 head coach and the way he's helping develop our young players.

No. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if he lapped it up in a testimonial against them. Much the same that I dont care that Kenny Miller scored against us in an Old Firm. I'd rather we had people in roles that suited their skillset not employed because they support the club.

At a guess, the cash it would generate would probably have been a big part of it. They, like us, tend to travel in decent numbers to stuff like that.

This post tells me you just don't care. Congratulations on accepting Mediocrity.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Smile said:

This post tells me you just don't care. Congratulations on accepting Mediocrity.

That he as going to have a testimonial against Celtic? You're right. I don't care. As I've said I'd rather we had guys who were good at the job over guys who support us. I'm not quite sure how wanting the most qualified person in each role is accepting mediocrity. :hmmm:

Some amount of absolute shite being spouted in this thread.  Murty looked like he had been thrown in at the deep end on Sunday and the pool was full of alligators, he genuinely looked scared but the guy got us a win which is all we asked of him.  He is the Development coach and should be judged on that alone regardless of who his maw, da or dug walker support.

Hopefully, we will have a new, even interim, manager in place before our next match.  If not and Murty is in charge he will have my full backing.

8 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Some amount of absolute shite being spouted in this thread.  Murty looked like he had been thrown in at the deep end on Sunday and the pool was full of alligators, he genuinely looked scared but the guy got us a win which is all we asked of him.  He is the Development coach and should be judged on that alone regardless of who his maw, da or dug walker support.

Hopefully, we will have a new, even interim, manager in place before our next match.  If not and Murty is in charge he will have my full backing.

Mine too. Unless he lets Senderos anywhere near the team:angrywillie:

I'm hoping that the typical line up and strategy on Sunday was only implemented cos of the timing of managerial events.

if he shows that he can tweak a few things here and there and get an upturn in results and performance then he'll be a contender for the job in my eyes.

lets see what happens

Sky payout if he is in charge for 10 competitive games. I got him at 20/1 so fingers crossed he is in for the time being :lol:

I actually think Tommy Wright would be a good shout but it's such a massive risk going for a manager from a small club. Frank de Boer in the summer for me.

Guest Lloyd72

I like how he handles himself and the way he talks about the club in interviews. Can't judge him as a coach yet hes had one game in charge that he only had 1 training session to get them ready.

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

I'm asking what you know to say he's an average coach? I don't know much about him as a coach prior to joining us and the description I got from Craig Mulholland was that he's "highly regarded in England and was voted one of the top 10 best Academy coaches in England". After that I've been impressed with the way he has handled himself as U20 head coach and the way he's helping develop our young players.

No. I wouldn't give a flying fuck if he lapped it up in a testimonial against them. Much the same that I dont care that Kenny Miller scored against us in an Old Firm. I'd rather we had people in roles that suited their skillset not employed because they support the club.

At a guess, the cash it would generate would probably have been a big part of it. They, like us, tend to travel in decent numbers to stuff like that.

How can you compare him to Miller ffs? I was directly behind the goal when he done it, It was sheer relief for the guy as he could not buy a goal for Celtic at the time. Miller is a Rangers legend and it get banded about all too easily these days but he is up there for what he has done for this club over the years  

As for saying he's an average coach? What has he achieved ? If he was one of the so called top 10 coaches he would be working in the Premiership not with the likes of Norwich and Rangers  

Like you I want the right man for the job and I would rather we offered exceptional ex players the chance to get their badges and have a stab at coaching as we have always produced good managers through the years but that has dried up the last few years 

Your right he could have lapped up his testimonal against them but I guarentee you one thing if it went ahead he would not be managing our first team as that's a step to far for a lot of fans. 

I wish him well and I hope he wins on Sunday and then the following Friday as we need the points badly.

if the guy keeps winning then he does his chances no harm if he got the job and I would fully support him as he would deserve it as results don't lie , but with that defence Mouriho would find it difficult to keep a clean sheet. 

8 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Mine too. Unless he lets Senderos anywhere near the team:angrywillie:

Wouldn't disagree there. never seen a footballer, especially a central defender, close his eyes when heading a ball.  How the hell did this guy get a game forArsenal etc?

Doctors now linking heading the ball to dementia, perhaps Senderos is just being cautious :whistle:

I'm taking a liking to Murty. Seems and good guy and to be trying his hardest.

Not saying that he should be manager but he's been put in a cunt of a situation so we can't fault his effort. I hope he does well and the fans appreciate his effort and goes back to his position with his head held high.

I'm sure it will be difficult enough for Murty to do the caretaker manager role.   He has a lot less experience than Warburton and look how King lashed out at Warburton's display of (in)experience.

But he may well be in a no lose, only win situation until a longer term manager and DOF are appointed.   For starters, even though King or Robertson have not softened the objectives for the first team for this season any failure to achieve that simply cannot be laid at his door.   King and the Directors made a deliberate choice to appoint a distinct lack of football management experience as the caretaker until a DOF and longer term manager are appointed - which Robertson acknowledged might take until summer.   He can't be blamed.  He'd be cut an enormous amount of slack because he can't possibly be expected to know better, or to apply hard-won experience to make the right decisions and produce the right sort of leadership to transform this underperforming squad into the 'strong second' that King expects.    He simply could not be blamed for any failure. It would be perverse if he were to be blamed since it is a conscious choice of King and the Board not to appoint an experienced interim and to instead run with newbie.

He can only win because if he does manage to lead the team to 2nd place - even better if its a strong second - then the experience he gains will be invaluable in returning back to the development role.    His reputation is enhanced - or should be - however the season turns out.   If we get 2nd he'll be hailed as the man who rescued the season.  If it fails and is no EL football next season then he'll be regarded as at least having the guts to give it a try, and then return to the development role with that experience under his belt

Its a no lose, only win situation for Murty   But one hell of gamble by the Board for the rest of this season.   If it does not work ie no 2nd slot and worse if no EL football I suspect many will simply - and rightly imo- blame the Board for not installing a more experience interim manager in the first case.

We need a manager in ASAP interim at the very least.  Murty is the Development Coach and that is it.  As for last Sunday, it was a shocking performance where we scraped a home win against Morton!!!!    Stewart Robertson was going overboard with praise for the players and Murty.   All that the players were doing was what they are paid to do although they were mostly under-performing.  Murty was clearly asked to take charge and accepted the task.  Playing Senderos tells me he hasn't a clue.   How Senderos ever played for Arsenal and Switzerland is beyond me.

On 15/02/2017 at 0:31 PM, Copland bear said:

How can you compare him to Miller ffs? I was directly behind the goal when he done it, It was sheer relief for the guy as he could not buy a goal for Celtic at the time. Miller is a Rangers legend and it get banded about all too easily these days but he is up there for what he has done for this club over the years  

As for saying he's an average coach? What has he achieved ? If he was one of the so called top 10 coaches he would be working in the Premiership not with the likes of Norwich and Rangers  

Like you I want the right man for the job and I would rather we offered exceptional ex players the chance to get their badges and have a stab at coaching as we have always produced good managers through the years but that has dried up the last few years 

Your right he could have lapped up his testimonal against them but I guarentee you one thing if it went ahead he would not be managing our first team as that's a step to far for a lot of fans. 

I wish him well and I hope he wins on Sunday and then the following Friday as we need the points badly.

if the guy keeps winning then he does his chances no harm if he got the job and I would fully support him as he would deserve it as results don't lie , but with that defence Mouriho would find it difficult to keep a clean sheet. 

You do know that Norwich have a pretty decent youth set up? Guessing you don't know much about the set up in England? Norwich are in the u18 Premier League South with Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal amongst others and are a Category 1 Academy.