So it's Graeme Murty

blueretro

23 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Another good piece. 

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/great-expectations-5/

If he does well on Sunday and we will convincingly then I can see the board giving him it till the end if the season

We're skint. Regardless of results, unless somebody is prepared to work for free then it'll be Murty until the end of the season. Maybe even beyond.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
29 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

We need a manager in ASAP interim at the very least.  Murty is the Development Coach and that is it.  As for last Sunday, it was a shocking performance where we scraped a home win against Morton!!!!    Stewart Robertson was going overboard with praise for the players and Murty.   All that the players were doing was what they are paid to do although they were mostly under-performing.  Murty was clearly asked to take charge and accepted the task.  Playing Senderos tells me he hasn't a clue.   How Senderos ever played for Arsenal and Switzerland is beyond me.

He had a whole one training session to work with the team..

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Are you saying he never watches any of our games?  

No I'm saying he has never worked with most of them before and to expect a performance to change drastically after one training session is ludicrous.

9 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

We need a manager in ASAP interim at the very least.  Murty is the Development Coach and that is it.  As for last Sunday, it was a shocking performance where we scraped a home win against Morton!!!!    Stewart Robertson was going overboard with praise for the players and Murty.   All that the players were doing was what they are paid to do although they were mostly under-performing.  Murty was clearly asked to take charge and accepted the task.  Playing Senderos tells me he hasn't a clue.   How Senderos ever played for Arsenal and Switzerland is beyond me.

Big Senderos looked ever inch an Arsenal player and would not have looked out of place v Bayern.

The football phone ins down here were in meltdown yesterday, Wenger and his team getting it tight.

Re - Murty, if the board are thinking of (and may already have lined up) a manager to take over say in the next month it makes sense to keep Murty in the job for such a short time is my take on it, Big Eck is 1/14 with Paddy Power and has been for ages!! but 4/6-4/9 with other bookies quoting.

Guest Lloyd72
6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Change drastically???   It was Morton not Monaco.   

And? Fact is he had one training session with them how is it his fault in anyway for our shit performance? Judge him after a couple games and remember he's never done this at this level before and was thrown into the job with no planning prior to it.

5 hours ago, pcbear said:

Big Senderos looked ever inch an Arsenal player and would not have looked out of place v Bayern.

The football phone ins down here were in meltdown yesterday, Wenger and his team getting it tight.

Re - Murty, if the board are thinking of (and may already have lined up) a manager to take over say in the next month it makes sense to keep Murty in the job for such a short time is my take on it, Big Eck is 1/14 with Paddy Power and has been for ages!! but 4/6-4/9 with other bookies quoting.

You are right Senderos would not have looked out of place in a leaky Arsenal defence, he would have looked just as bad as the rest.

If the board have an interim manager in mind then get him in ASAP.  If Murty is only in charge for 1 or 2 games then I can accept that.  How long does it take to get an interim manager in place though?  

2 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

And? Fact is he had one training session with them how is it his fault in anyway for our shit performance? Judge him after a couple games and remember he's never done this at this level before and was thrown into the job with no planning prior to it.

Certainly one training session as temporary boss.  He surely watches our games though.   As he has never done this at this level all the more reason to get someone else in pronto.   He wasn't thrown in, he was asked if he would do it, he could have declined.   Most people in his position jump at the chance and try to change things from the off.  He is an adult in a professional post, not a child.  

3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Certainly one training session as temporary boss.  He surely watches our games though.   As he has never done this at this level all the more reason to get someone else in pronto.   He wasn't thrown in, he was asked if he would do it, he could have declined.   Most people in his position jump at the chance and try to change things from the off.  He is an adult in a professional post, not a child.  

I genuinely believe he used any match preparation drafted by MW then changed it himself. Let's see how he does against Dundee

Some quotes from his presser 

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  11m11 minutes ago

GM: I'm honoured to be put in this situation and I've been very well supported by the board.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  13m13 minutes ago

GM: The boys in the 20s have to be good enough, and I've been clear on that with them if they want a shirt.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  14m14 minutes ago

GM: The purpose of switching to a two last week was to make sure our most important players saw more of the ball. It kind-of worked.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  16m16 minutes ago

GM: All I try to make sure is the players have clear outcomes and goals when they go onto the park.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  18m18 minutes ago

GM: There are very good players in the squad, and the changes might have come through my personality as opposed to style.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  20m20 minutes ago

GM: I just had a chat with Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson. They have offered to do anything they can to help me.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  21m21 minutes ago

GM: I am thoroughly enjoying the role and I have bern told I am taking the game on Sunday.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  22m22 minutes ago

GM: This week has been frantic but the players have worked really hard. I just think they want to play the game now.

25 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Some quotes from his presser 

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  11m11 minutes ago

GM: I'm honoured to be put in this situation and I've been very well supported by the board.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  13m13 minutes ago

GM: The boys in the 20s have to be good enough, and I've been clear on that with them if they want a shirt.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  14m14 minutes ago

GM: The purpose of switching to a two last week was to make sure our most important players saw more of the ball. It kind-of worked.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  16m16 minutes ago

GM: All I try to make sure is the players have clear outcomes and goals when they go onto the park.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  18m18 minutes ago

GM: There are very good players in the squad, and the changes might have come through my personality as opposed to style.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  20m20 minutes ago

GM: I just had a chat with Stewart Robertson and Andrew Dickson. They have offered to do anything they can to help me.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  21m21 minutes ago

GM: I am thoroughly enjoying the role and I have bern told I am taking the game on Sunday.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC  22m22 minutes ago

GM: This week has been frantic but the players have worked really hard. I just think they want to play the game now.

I think he comes across as very likeable.

If he puts his own slant on the formation/style of play on Sunday and we win I don't see any reason why he doesn't get the job until the end of the season. He already saw at the weekend he needed to change the system to get the result and 90 minutes into the job he's shown more tactical nous than Warburton did in 18 months.

If he changes the formation on Sunday, come out with a different lineup or tactics and it works then he deserves the ICT game, same thing from that if he wins he goes on to the St Johnstone game...take it game at a time.

If not and it's the same pish against Dundee then we bring somebody in at the start of next week.

All the while we need the board to be working on a permanent replacement...him winning can buy us some time to do that.