What are our chances of finishing second?

CottonRunt

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 9:06 AM, danger ranger said:

Out foxing the glib and shameless one, no chance. Perhaps someone with money lets say Ashley to bulldoze  him aside is the only way to get rid of him.

The only person with that kind of money that has links to Rangers is Ashley and in the process of selling up at Newcastle, on this forum he is not liked, but overall I think that most Rangers supporters would welcome him because of the security his money offers, most Rangers fans locally to me don't see a problem with Ashley if he stumps up the money.

I doubt we will finish in 2nd spot, to do so will require the right manager in now to have any hope of 2nd.

Took my lad into the Rangers shop on Sunday to get out of the cold and kill some time before the game. You could say it was an act of cruelty on my part, a bit like surrounding him with Xmas presents and telling him he can't open them. The thing is he's 16 now and if I'd offered to buy him a top he'd have said I should be ashamed of myself and so should you be for even contemplating that leech being in charge of club.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 2:02 AM, CottonRunt said:

Someone on twitter suggesting we are going to go down the DOF route.

Ross Wilson of Southampton on the wanted list.

Southamptonhave had 3 or 4 excellent managers recently.

And not big money men either - until recently with Koeman.

Considering that, good way to go.

I think some folk need a reminder of what Rangers is and what it means.

Finishing second should be simple for an experienced sensible manager. We have decent quality players, with a couple of very good quality players. In essence we have more resources than our competitors.

We are 3 points behind the current 2nd place team, and there is 14 games or 42 points to play for.

With our current players we managed to get to this position in the table with an out of depth manager obsessed with playing suicidal tactics every week.

What are our chances of finishing second? Shite question.

28 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Finishing second should be simple for an experienced sensible manager. We have decent quality players, with a couple of very good quality players. In essence we have more resources than our competitors.

We are 3 points behind the current 2nd place team, and there is 14 games or 42 points to play for.

With our current players we managed to get to this position in the table with an out of depth manager obsessed with playing suicidal tactics every week.

It's actually more like 4 points given our rank goal difference.

It's not a shite question at all given we are sitting third and have been beaten by Aberdeen already this season.

Give over 

39 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Fuck me, you really believe the highlighted bit?

2 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Took my lad into the Rangers shop on Sunday to get out of the cold and kill some time before the game. You could say it was an act of cruelty on my part, a bit like surrounding him with Xmas presents and telling him he can't open them. The thing is he's 16 now and if I'd offered to buy him a top he'd have said I should be ashamed of myself and so should you be for even contemplating that leech being in charge of club.

A rock and a hard place, beggars can't be choosers, in no position, springs to mind or would we rather a rich Saudi where they lash and cut peoples fingertips and heads off for next to nothing buy us. We would all love to have a clean cut mega rich Rangers supporter buy us, only problem is there doesn't seem to be one.

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Nobody needs to be ashamed of buying something from the shop it's entirely a personal choice 

On 10 February 2017 at 11:55 PM, Dan Deacon said:

Tbf I think we'll do better after this

Fucking hope so anyway 

That's the way I look at it . 

Weve been poor for a large percentage of the season yet still only 3 points behind 2nd , that shows what we're up against . Surely to fuck , we can only get better . 

1 hour ago, mus said:

Fuck me, you really believe the highlighted bit?

Miller, Hill, Wallace, Rossiter, Hyndman, Foderingham and Hodson are all decent quality players. Are you trying to say they're not? Note the word decent, not good, very good, great, amazing or exceptional.

Some right cunts on here recently. 

4 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Miller, Hill, Wallace, Rossiter, Hyndman, Foderingham and Hodson are all decent quality players. Are you trying to say they're not? Note the word decent, not good, very good, great, amazing or exceptional.

Some right cunts on here recently. 

Wallace =750k

Fod = 1.5 m

Hodson =500k

Get them in europe and it goes up 10x according to lawell 

Point im making is there are no great players in our league... look at sinclair, failed in england but up here he looks like a cross betwen pepe le pew and messi

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

It's actually more like 4 points given our rank goal difference.

It's not a shite question at all given we are sitting third and have been beaten by Aberdeen already this season.

Give over 

Who's going to manage us, will he be able to turn the team around, will the players give a shit, will the players bottle it?

Too many variables to even take the question seriously.

However, looking at our recent history like I said in my other post, we can clearly finish second.