New manager poll

Amato

Next manager poll  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Of the names currently being touted as a possible replacement, who do you want as new manager?

2. 2. And who do you think it will be?

Guest Lloyd72

Low key hoping someone like Mark Hughes or Sean Dyche comes available in the summer and we snatch them up. Failing that Harry Redknapp, Frank de Boer or Henning Berg are decent shouts not sure they'd take it though.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/02/2017 at 1:01 PM, Junior Soprano said:

Why is Gary Rowett even being discussed. ThAt is going down the same path as Warburton.

He has a completely different approach to the game, played transition at Birmingham - not this pass, pass, pass (afraid to shoot), 4-3-3 nonsense. But agreed, he's young with no connections. 

Henning Berg has to be the guy, won titles, strong connections in Eastern Europe for players on the cheap, speaks perfect English. Can work with a limited budget. 

Jokanovic was also a great shout. 

Agree with others on sourcing an unknown but it's so difficult to call it right, not convinced the board have the contacts to find an unknown. 

Dan Petrescu would be ideal but he seems content living it up in Qatar with Michael Laudrup. 

Arthur Numan and Dado Prso should be deployed as scouts across Europe, neither work in management and only do part-time scouting as of now. 

6 hours ago, viennacalling said:

i would like to see a guy like niko kovac who turned eintracht frankfurt from relegation candidates into champions league contenders

Wouldn't we all - Bundesliga and Bundesliga 1 are smart leagues to try and find someone, German football is full of energy and pace ... far more entertaining. The board should speak to Ralph Hasenhüttl at Leipzig to find out who's available ... ?

11 minutes ago, jamiebear said:

He has a completely different approach to the game, played transition at Birmingham - not this pass, pass, pass (afraid to shoot), 4-3-3 nonsense. But agreed, he's young with no connections. 

Henning Berg has to be the guy, won titles, strong connections in Eastern Europe for players on the cheap, speaks perfect English. Can work with a limited budget. 

Jokanovic was also a great shout. 

Agree with others on sourcing an unknown but it's so difficult to call it right, not convinced the board have the contacts to find an unknown. 

Dan Petrescu would be ideal but he seems content living it up in Qatar with Michael Laudrup. 

Arthur Numan and Dado Prso should be deployed as scouts across Europe, neither work in management and only do part-time scouting as of now. 

Warburton had a completely different approach to the game as well. It worked for 3 months. Then got Sussed out.

Rowett is in the same boat imo.

I get the feeling Murty may be about longer than we think. In the interim role that is. If he does well the next few games I see him staying a bit longer as part of a cost saving exercise. After all if say FdB was to come in around April/May what would be the point in appointing and spending money on a Eck or Davies for a few months.

It's just a thought I've had and with the amount of media attention and interviews from Murty on the official rangers page I get the impression he's maybe getting more involved and asked to be involved in more than just a game or 2.

I hope I'm wrong as we need a proven manager with experience and a winning mentality asap but just a feeling I have.

I'd be gutted if Murty got it till the end of the season. 

As much as I back the board on the MW scandal it can't be forgotten that all they seem to enjoy is cost cutting so sacrifice the rest of the season to save a few bob and hope we secure euro football is the way I can see it going if we win on Sunday

On 12/02/2017 at 7:26 PM, Junior Soprano said:

Warburton had a completely different approach to the game as well. It worked for 3 months. Then got Sussed out.

Rowett is in the same boat imo.

I seem to recall Kenny Shiels (Dean's da) pointing this out, only for MW to respond with "Kenny who?"