Why not billy davies

yoggiebear

Apart from his alleged activities (ahem) Why are so many fans against his appointment. I know that he's ment to have caused grief at previous club's but surely his achievements at taking championship clubs up or into playoffs outweigh the negatives. IMO at the moment we need someone who can kick a**  and turn about our club which seems to have lost direction. Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is a genuine question

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, yoggiebear said:

Apart from his alleged activities (ahem) Why are so many fans against his appointment. I know that he's ment to have caused grief at previous club's but surely his achievements at taking championship clubs up or into playoffs outweigh the negatives. IMO at the moment we need someone who can kick a**  and turn about our club which seems to have lost direction. Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is a genuine question

The man is a fuckin crackpot and the catholic press would be all over his whole life digging dirt the whole time he would be there.

Because he's a very, very strange chap that refers to himself in the third person with worrying frequency.

That one bizarre radio interview about a year ago was enough for me to think he would be a bad, bad idea.

Just now, DavieAyrshire said:

Pass he is not the man to take us forward

Fair enough. I don't claim to be a football expert but I just wondered. I knew he had been out of the game for some time but his past achievements with forest and derby and I think Preston were worth mentioning

He pumped Tam Sheridan. Enough surely to put him out the running.

Causes havoc everywhere he goes. Is a paranoid wreck. Admitted he only went back to Forest second time "to settle a few scores". Thinks world is against him. 

Previously applied for the Celtic job, twice. 

Need i go on?

23 minutes ago, yoggiebear said:

The only thing that particular piece of cancerous shit can turn around is a buck!

Said this elsewhere but as we now have a Davies thread.....

Clearly unpopular on here, but Billy Davies for me. I think his track record is impressive, he's made a very positive impact on Preston, Derby and Notts Forest. He took all three clubs forward.

De Boer is popular, I can understand why, but success at Ajax alone doesn't make me think he'd make a success of Rangers. Le Guen was excellent at Lyon but Rangers didn't fit. I worry he'd be a poorer version of what Rodgers is implementing at Celtic, and on a lesser budget.

I don't want us to play long ball football, but like Conte at Chelsea, Mourinho wherever he's been and Walter on his return to Rangers....I want a manager that finds the right balance, builds a solid defensive unit as a foundation to a winning team. I am not convinced De Boer will give us that.

I'm not someone that needs to see a chest thumping Rangers man, but I do want commitment to the job long term....even just 3 to 4 years. I fear De Boer would always have his eye on moving to a bigger league.

Davies for me would be committed, knows the league, the club and the market we'd be looking for players. His good work at Motherwell came to an end due to their financial problems rather than his ability, he produced at Preston, Derby and Forrest and if he failed at Rangers it would be the first time he'd failed in my view.

Will he take us to where we want to be at the end of this journey ? I'm not sure. Will he take us forward ? I am extremely confident he would. I don't see him as the risk others see, I see him as the safe bet.

19 minutes ago, gsa said:

I heard a Nottingham Forest employee describe him as "the most unpleasant man I've ever come across".

Also, anyone who is mates with Tommy Sheridan has surely got something wrong with them?

A guy on Football Weekly who supports Forest said that a few weeks ago.

47 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

The man is a fuckin crackpot and the catholic press would be all over his whole life digging dirt the whole time he would be there.

Plus he would take the bait in so many issues regarding the media .

King is a bastard but he surely wouldn't put us through this