yoggiebear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, yoggiebear said:

Apart from his alleged activities (ahem) Why are so many fans against his appointment. I know that he's ment to have caused grief at previous club's but surely his achievements at taking championship clubs up or into playoffs outweigh the negatives. IMO at the moment we need someone who can kick a**  and turn about our club which seems to have lost direction. Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is a genuine question

I would much rather have yogi bear as our manager than this lunatic .

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Why does it have to be Davies, McLeish, or an interim? You would hope this job was big enough for a lot of candidates.

Step back for a minute and imagine you've no affiliation or love for our club. You've seen years of mismanagement and the previous manager exit under dubious circumstances and it's unclear whether there'll be any substantial resources available to you to make the necessary changes. You're also up against a very strong tarrier side and you know anything less than trophies will see you under pressure and a failure. You'd need to be in a difficult spot to take that gamble with your reputation. Warbs was a man with very little senior management experience behind him and it was worth the gamble. Were it not for our reputation, history and tradition we'd be struggling even more for credible candidates. I think most attracted to the job will be ruled by their heart rather than head.

28 minutes ago, ScotBear said:

Said this elsewhere but as we now have a Davies thread.....

Clearly unpopular on here, but Billy Davies for me. I think his track record is impressive, he's made a very positive impact on Preston, Derby and Notts Forest. He took all three clubs forward.

De Boer is popular, I can understand why, but success at Ajax alone doesn't make me think he'd make a success of Rangers. Le Guen was excellent at Lyon but Rangers didn't fit. I worry he'd be a poorer version of what Rodgers is implementing at Celtic, and on a lesser budget.

I don't want us to play long ball football, but like Conte at Chelsea, Mourinho wherever he's been and Walter on his return to Rangers....I want a manager that finds the right balance, builds a solid defensive unit as a foundation to a winning team. I am not convinced De Boer will give us that.

I'm not someone that needs to see a chest thumping Rangers man, but I do want commitment to the job long term....even just 3 to 4 years. I fear De Boer would always have his eye on moving to a bigger league.

Davies for me would be committed, knows the league, the club and the market we'd be looking for players. His good work at Motherwell came to an end due to their financial problems rather than his ability, he produced at Preston, Derby and Forrest and if he failed at Rangers it would be the first time he'd failed in my view.

Will he take us to where we want to be at the end of this journey ? I'm not sure. Will he take us forward ? I am extremely confident he would. I don't see him as the risk others see, I see him as the safe bet.

This man had a threesome with Tommy Sheridan and some hoor.  Is that the sort of person you want managing Rangers? I can't understand why this complete arsehole of a man keeps being mentioned.

1 hour ago, yoggiebear said:

Apart from his alleged activities (ahem) Why are so many fans against his appointment. I know that he's ment to have caused grief at previous club's but surely his achievements at taking championship clubs up or into playoffs outweigh the negatives. IMO at the moment we need someone who can kick a**  and turn about our club which seems to have lost direction. Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is a genuine question

Cos he's a ned, 

10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The op is certainly not "smarter than the average BEAR..". If he thinks in anyway that davies could be a decent Rangers manager..

In fact your thread/post reeks ya bam..

I really don't see how the thread/post reeks. I asked a genuine question. His past achievements are there to be seen. What I was asking was why there was such a negative reaction to him. Posters have now  stated their personal opinions of him. I thought he could be a good shout of someone who could go into the dressing room and kick back sides and bring some egos back into reality

59 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He pumped Tam Sheridan. Enough surely to put him out the running.

Causes havoc everywhere he goes. Is a paranoid wreck. Admitted he only went back to Forest second time "to settle a few scores". Thinks world is against him. 

Previously applied for the Celtic job, twice. 

Need i go on?

:pics:

2 minutes ago, yoggiebear said:

I really don't see how the thread/post reeks. I asked a genuine question. His past achievements are there to be seen. What I was asking was why there was such a negative reaction to him. Posters have now  stated their personal opinions of him. I thought he could be a good shout of someone who could go into the dressing room and kick back sides and bring some egos back into reality

:confused:

But it stuck. A narrative was set where Davies was paranoid, self-destructive and hellbent on settling scores.

In his second spell at Forest he filmed journalists during press conferences, staged a post-match press conference before a game against Leicester, took referees to task and, as was once infamously described, turned Nottingham Forest into ‘the Midlands answer to North Korea’.

‘I wasn’t paranoid,’ he argues. ‘Because paranoia only exists if something isn’t real.

‘Everything I took issue with was actually taking place.

‘There is clear evidence for anyone who wants to look closer of the abuse of Davies.

‘They couldn’t talk about my football results. They couldn’t talk about my player relationships. They couldn’t talk about the clubs I created.

‘They couldn’t talk about staff relationships with the bus drivers, kit men, tea ladies.

‘They could only talk about the other stuff and in retrospect I wish I had tackled the issues causing me problems sooner.

‘I left them too long. I should have tackled two or three people at source.’

Some of the ‘they’ in question are journalists. But not all.

Many reasons but mostly his best pal that fenian swinging lying cunt Tommy Sheridan. 

If those quotes posted on here attributed to him too regarding Celtic being amazing and like Real Madrid and had an amazing time when they came to Seville is true he can fuck off and never come back to Ibrox either as far as I'm concerned. 

1 hour ago, yoggiebear said:

Fuck sake, Do you not think that there are any other managerial candidates out there at least as qualified as Billy Davies that could'nt kick a few fucking arses, You asked why not Billy Davies so here goes, He would be a total fucking embarrassment to our great club that we hold dear to our hearts, Do you not think our club has been dragged through the gutter and embarrassed enough in recent years without giving the utterly biased mhedia up here even more ammunition to harm our club even further, Fuck sake the press up here would love it if he got the job, Would be front page news every other fucking day, Is that a good enough reason for you

I rated him and might have even suggested him as our manager in the past. But after Charles Green I couldn't take having to listen to another eejit referring to himself in the third person 

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

I rated him and might have even suggested him as our manager in the past. But after Charles Green I couldn't take having to listen to another eejit referring to himself in the third person 

Haha, I hear you bud, that's annoying as fuck,