Liverpool Last Night

williamcarvel9

If you seen the Liverpool v Spurs game last night and,when going well, the way Klopp has his Liverpool players on the front foot, high energy pressing and interchanging front 4 causing one of the best defences in the Premiership all sorts of trouble, then that's the way I expected us to be under Warburton.Granted the quality in the players is huge from our front players to theirs.

If we had that same level of intensity with and without the ball then Warburtons ethos would be very successful, however due to the lack of urgency and tempo it just hinders us playing this way. After the semi final (which we did have a high level of intensity and tempo) we really should have kicked on.

if we want to continue to play in that way, which depends on the new Manager/Interim style, we have to get the players to look at Liverpool and see what is expected when playing.

What losing to Hull and Wolves and Southampton....we need consistence,  in Scotland you lose three games, League is over.

Shows even with a multi million pound squad the formation is wank.

Ask Barca and they have best front three in the world.

We need a more compacted midfield and someone who can head combined with someone with pace up front. 

Someone who can play passes and shoot from distance at attacking mid.

Never play teams with space inbehind unless its counter attack ( pacey second Striker) 

Terrible from Set plays. We get loads of corners ( Striker that can head) 

We are lightweight in midfield,  Counter that with numbers. 

We get countered quickly, good CDM and the quickest defenders in the squad play.

So when do I get the job?     

10 minutes ago, williamcarvel9 said:

If you seen the Liverpool v Spurs game last night and,when going well, the way Klopp has his Liverpool players on the front foot, high energy pressing and interchanging front 4 causing one of the best defences in the Premiership all sorts of trouble, then that's the way I expected us to be under Warburton.Granted the quality in the players is huge from our front players to theirs.

If we had that same level of intensity with and without the ball then Warburtons ethos would be very successful, however due to the lack of urgency and tempo it just hinders us playing this way. After the semi final (which we did have a high level of intensity and tempo) we really should have kicked on.

if we want to continue to play in that way, which depends on the new Manager/Interim style, we have to get the players to look at Liverpool and see what is expected when playing.

And they have been absolutely shocking without Sadie Mane who was away at the African Cup.

The guy wasn't there, nullified their threat up front,  Klopp couldn't change it.

Swings & Roundabouts.

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I think we should play more like Barcelona. Get Halliday to watch Iniesta and Garner to watch Suarez and hey presto 

I'm not saying watch them once and then all of a sudden we get it right.

Warburton obviously thought there was nothing wrong with the way things were going eg style of play, but we could all see it was horrible to watch. I was merely stating this is the way I thought we would set up.

Just now, Juniorsparkie said:

And they have been absolutely shocking without Sadie Mane who was away at the African Cup.

The guy wasn't there, nullified their threat up front,  Klopp couldn't change it.

Swings & Roundabouts.

Yeah I know that he was a massive loss for them when he was away. But it wasn't a one off performance last night for Liverpool they have destroyed teams at times this season and also had bad games like Wolves/Swansea.

But do you not think the way that Liverpool play was the way that we were going to go under Warburton? I genuinely did, I thought our style of play would match it with high intensity pressing and fast tempo

Just now, williamcarvel9 said:

Yeah I know that he was a massive loss for them when he was away. But it wasn't a one off performance last night for Liverpool they have destroyed teams at times this season and also had bad games like Wolves/Swansea.

But do you not think the way that Liverpool play was the way that we were going to go under Warburton? I genuinely did, I thought our style of play would match it with high intensity pressing and fast tempo

I did think that when we heard about " the Project " but he manufactured a slower, less skilful, non goal scoring, defensive shambles type of Klopp's Rock & Roll football. 

More Jimmy Shand than AC/DC.

8 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Apart from last night Liverpool have been in free fall this year. They have played exactly like us, devoid of any ideas. 

They seem to rely heavily on Mane who scored both and ran Tottenham ragged yesterday, the Spurs defence also looked shite with Dier doing a Kiernan for the first goal, when Mane was at the Africans nations cup they won one game, so mark him out the game and they will struggle.

14 minutes ago, williamcarvel9 said:

That has to be the understatement of the year. You expected us to be playing like that? We did from time to time. Against Alloa and Livingston.......

They could have bought our club for what they paid for Firminio....FFS.....

Looking at Merseyside Somebody said they were worried that Warbuton might be more Martinez when he got the job and the reality seems he probably was . Started off fairly impressively but a lack of flexibility , a failure to work on the vital smaller less flashy points like set pieces with almost an obessession with possession leading to nothing .  

I've sussed it. 

If your players are good at scoring goals and your defenders are good at stopping the opposition scoring goals you can get good results. 

Easy innit, let's see what we are doing wrong. 

Hmmm........Kiernan, Senderos, Gardner, Waghorn....................

4 minutes ago, scouseblue said:

Looking at Merseyside Somebody said they were worried that Warbuton might be more Martinez when he got the job and the reality seems he probably was . Started off fairly impressively but a lack of flexibility , a failure to work on the vital smaller less flashy points like set pieces with almost an obessession with possession leading to nothing .  

You seemed pretty up to speed when he was coming in, any other inside track?

15 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Apart from last night Liverpool have been in free fall this year. They have played exactly like us, devoid of any ideas. 

Not agreeing with this mate .They have been outstanding against the bigger sides and there is doubt they have fantastic players way above what we watch .

They do have a problem it seems for the lesser games if you like 

I think most Liverpool fans know they are onto a good thing with the best manager in their league .Or they should 

Op was right on the money .I think we had that intensity last year but maybe our players sensed this season that MWs heart wasn't really here for a number of reasons 

Maybe that explains Waghorns and Tavs complete u turn in form from last year too 

Who knows

Liverpool missed Sadio Mane so much during the African nations cup.  The difference when he play to when he doesn't is night and day. 

One great player can completely change a whole team. 

Just look at Leicester now after losing Kante. 

33 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

The OP is right to an extent, but it was good news for Liverpool that they scored while on top & that Spurs didn't take advantage of the chances they made, cos Pool weren't able to sustain that blustering early pace.

Apart from yesterday, Pool have recently been reminiscent of us & it just wasn't working.

I think Warburton's plan started to unravel when Oduwa & Zelalem started getting regular game time, as they both slowed the game down - results since would back up that we've never got back to those early days when the plan really did work for a while.

26 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

IMG_7242.thumb.PNG.ccb6b87ca7fcb07dffab6a0955abedbd.PNG

Free fall :lol: 

10 games, 5 defeats (including Swansea and hull), 4 draws and 1 win against Plymouth. Out of the league and fa cup. They were a couple of points off Chelsea now they are 10 points and chelsea have a game in hand. 

Yes free fall!

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Not agreeing with this mate .They have been outstanding against the bigger sides and there is doubt they have fantastic players way above what we watch .

They do have a problem it seems for the lesser games if you like 

I think most Liverpool fans know they are onto a good thing with the best manager in their league .Or they should 

Op was right on the money .I think we had that intensity last year but maybe our players sensed this season that MWs heart wasn't really here for a number of reasons 

Maybe that explains Waghorns and Tavs complete u turn in form from last year too 

Who knows

12 minutes ago, HG5 said:

The OP is right to an extent, but it was good news for Liverpool that they scored while on top & that Spurs didn't take advantage of the chances they made, cos Pool weren't able to sustain that blustering early pace.

Apart from yesterday, Pool have recently been reminiscent of us & it just wasn't working.

I think Warburton's plan started to unravel when Oduwa & Zelalem started getting regular game time, as they both slowed the game down - results since would back up that we've never got back to those early days when the plan really did work for a while.

I think your right. When we play with a high tempo we are great and that's what we have been missing this year. The Op is correct. We've have many parallels with Liverpool. Inc, our poor form. When both teams do not play high tempo, they are both poor.