Refusing to sign Hayes & Oxford was the end.

CoatbridgeBear

According to keech jackson, Warburton asked for Hayes & Oxford and King refused to sanction them and this is when Warburton chucked the towel in. Makes sense now with mcparland apparently complaining about budgets. If true they can fuck off even more ? His signings were questionable and cos King refused him 2 more he spits the dummy? hayes for fucksake man what a riddy.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He had already over spent his budget signing duds.

so he wanted to spend next seasons as well knowing full well he wouldn't be there.

I think the point was he decided to go WHEN he was told he couldn't get them.

If this is to be believed then it seems he was trying to fix the defence. I wonder if the stories about getting rid of one defender were true. I can only imagine Senderos didn't want to go, or that nobody wanted him :whistle:

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

If this is to be believed he was trying to fix the defence. I wonder if the stories about getting rid of one defender were true. I can only imaging Senderos didn't want to.....

Senderos was open to it, no-one would  pick up his deal though.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

If this is to be believed he was trying to fix the defence. I wonder if the stories about getting rid of one defender were true. I can only imaging Senderos didn't want to.....

fixing the defence with an 18 year old?

2 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Tin hat on but Jonny Hayes is a cracking player and would have been a vast improvement on the likes of MOH & Waghorn.

Absolutely. Waghorn's only played less games and scored more goals than Hayes this season so far, not to mention being a few years younger.

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Senderos spent two weeks training st Auchenhowie before we signed him. 

If I remember right, we had signed hill. Warburton was stringing Senderos along as an option bit Lescott appeared to be his preferred choice. The lescott deal didn't work out and then Hill got torn apart in the Burnley friendly. I think Senderos was a panic buy due to Hills performance that game.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely. Waghorn's only played less games and scored more goals than Hayes this season so far, not to mention being a few years younger.

I just can't take to Waghorn, he infuriates me how poor his right foot is for a professional football player.

Sick of seeing him take the wrong option or miss sitter after sitter. Seems to get a reprieve on here the days after scoring a goal and then people quickly remember how poor a footballer he is the following game.

Just now, fuckthespl said:

If I remember right, we had signed hill. Warburton was stringing Senderos along as an option bit Lescott appeared to be his preferred choice. The lescott deal didn't work out and then Hill got torn apart in the Burnley friendly. I think Senderos was a panic buy due to Hills performance that game.

Pretty much nailed on timeline there. Lescott was the first choice of the two.