Refusing to sign Hayes & Oxford was the end.

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, lazza1873 said:

I just can't take to Waghorn, he infuriates me how poor his right foot is for a professional football player.

Sick of seeing him take the wrong option or miss sitter after sitter. Seems to get a reprieve on here the days after scoring a goal and then people quickly remember how poor a footballer he is the following game.

He misses sitter after sitter yet has still scored more than the "vast improvement" that is Hayes in less games. Your logic is flawed. Hayes isn't very good and at 30 this summer doesn't have much sell on value. 

Guest Lloyd72

I wonder if Warburton actually thought leaking the fact the board wouldn't need let him spend 1million+ on a pretty average player who is 29 about to turn 30 with no sell on value, would turn (more) fans against King.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He misses sitter after sitter yet has still scored more than the "vast improvement" that is Hayes in less games. Your logic is flawed. Hayes isn't very good and at 30 this summer doesn't have much sell on value. 

How many of those strikes were in the league cup format who we played against absolute dross?

I agree about the sell on value but i'd have Hayes in my team before Waghorn any day.

4 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

How many of those strikes were in the league cup format who we played against absolute dross?

I agree about the sell on value but i'd have Hayes in my team before Waghorn any day.

Hayes has scored two more league goals than Waghorn in 4 more appearances. Hayes is a regular starter for Aberdeen. Waghorn has made exactly half of his appearances as a sub. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hayes has scored two more league goals than Waghorn in 4 more appearances. Hayes is a regular starter for Aberdeen. Waghorn has made exactly half of his appearances as a sub. 

Hayes is also top of the assist table for the SPL with 6.

I think he's better than Waghorn and you don't. All about opinions.

wouldn't surprise me that he wanted to buy Hayes we brought Garner for 1.8 obviously Warburton didn't  bother too check his stats in the championship probably signed him cause he was on his daughter agencies books and Waggy the most one footed player you would ever see fuckin cluster after cluster.

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

It's not fun being a fucking laughing stock so yes gutted. I was also one of the people who bought right into warburtons ideology too, so add a little egg on my face to boot and it leaves a gutting feeling 

There is nothing wrong with the footballing philosophy. Being too rigid, not paying attention to opposition and not practicing defending weren't part of the philosophy, just his implementation, which along with a scattershot signing policy and some bad luck were the things that cost him. Oh, and a chairman with little money who wanted shot of him.

It would be an absolute tragedy if we threw everything away in order to pump it long.