Refusing to sign Hayes & Oxford was the end.

CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

I wonder if Warburton actually thought leaking the fact the board wouldn't need let him spend 1million+ on a pretty average player who is 29 about to turn 30 with no sell on value, would turn (more) fans against King.

I do think Warburton was losing the plot a bit. Oxford would have been excellent but Hayes? He's ok bur we already have plenty of ok players. What we were needing was a team with some of the more talented players getting game time.

hayes might have been what we needed, given we have a rep of signing the best players from the rest of scottish football why does this seem bad

walter spent 2 mill on kevin thomson when he came back, then another 2 each on whittaker and naismith, wallace, big dunc, novo, andrews there's a fucking huge list of supposed shite players we took from other scottish teams that turned out good

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

hayes might have been what we needed, given we have a rep of signing the best players from the rest of scottish football why does this seem bad

walter spent 2 mill on kevin thomson when he came back, then another 2 each on whittaker and naismith, wallace, big dunc, novo, andrews there's a fucking huge list of supposed shite players we took from other scottish teams that turned out good

Almost all of them were relatively young (bar Andrews who was a freebie). Hayes is 30 in July.

5 hours ago, lazza1873 said:

I just can't take to Waghorn, he infuriates me how poor his right foot is for a professional football player.

Sick of seeing him take the wrong option or miss sitter after sitter. Seems to get a reprieve on here the days after scoring a goal and then people quickly remember how poor a footballer he is the following game.

Can't disagree with any of this.

Defenders know he will constantly try to put it on his left foot. His decision making is questionable and he misses more than he scores but he is still one of the better players we have. He gets into dangerous areas and looks to create and get at defenders so he would be in my team even with all his faults.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Should they not have learned that when they extended Kiernan's contract.

Fuck don't get me started on those cunts either.i don't trust a single person on that board 

we went from a manger who doesn't do walking away to a manager that didn't do winning away.

we are as incompetent in the boardroom as we were in the dugout

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Fuck don't get me started on those cunts either.i don't trust a single person on that board 

we went from a manger who doesn't do walking away to a manager that didn't do winning away.

we are as incompetent in the boardroom as we were in the dugout

This for me as well it's too easy to just Blame the Management when the board also sanction every signing. It's a bit of Both.

5 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

It's not fun being a fucking laughing stock so yes gutted. I was also one of the people who bought right into warburtons ideology too, so add a little egg on my face to boot and it leaves a gutting feeling 

99% did mate, just some saw through him quicker than others. I wasn't the fastest either tbf.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

When they were in their early twenties.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye? Christ that is surprising. I've not been overly impressed tbh but think he needs a settled run.

I've said it a few times now but I see a lot of similarities between Windass here and Lallana when he first went to Liverpool.

I think with a season at the club under his belt and a good pre season where he works on his own stamina he could become a pretty important player for us.

I'm not entirely convinced he's a centre midfielder though. Didn't he play as a number ten or from the left hand side for Accrington?

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

so it was a gamble taking guys who werent that experienced in the scottish game, hayes has massive experience of the league we are struggling in,

If you think  £1m plus is what we should be paying for a 30 year old from Aberdeen then fair enough but that is incomparable with Smith and Advocaat signing the best young Scottish talent available.