Refusing to sign Hayes & Oxford was the end.

CoatbridgeBear

2 hours ago, writingranger said:

I do think Warburton was losing the plot a bit. Oxford would have been excellent but Hayes? He's ok bur we already have plenty of ok players. What we were needing was a team with some of the more talented players getting game time.

or a bit of physicality in midfield, they don't all have to be as lightweight as we've ended up with. ( mind you we never actually seen Crooks apart from ......ssh Hertz..)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

If you think  £1m plus is what we should be paying for a 30 year old from Aberdeen then fair enough but that is incomparable with Smith and Advocaat signing the best young Scottish talent available.

Didnt say a million was value, but we didnt even try and even if aberdeen only asked for a thousand our board would still have said no

My point is that sometimes that type of signing is required, 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Didnt say a million was value, but we didnt even try and even if aberdeen only asked for a thousand our board would still have said no

My point is that sometimes that type of signing is required, 

Fair enough, although Cardiff had 3 bids knocked back. If you believe reports that is.

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I've said it a few times now but I see a lot of similarities between Windass here and Lallana when he first went to Liverpool.

I think with a season at the club under his belt and a good pre season where he works on his own stamina he could become a pretty important player for us.

I'm not entirely convinced he's a centre midfielder though. Didn't he play as a number ten or from the left hand side for Accrington?

Yeah, they played more of a 4-2-3-1 so he'd be off the forward or out wide. There's definitely a player there, we've just not seen enough of it yet.

8 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Yep.

Hes a horrible bastard that I'm ashamed managed the club.

You're an embarrassment. Wipe last season off your memory stick as well then. 

Ally McCoist is a horrible bastard for the state he left us in then continued to bleed us dry 

Warburton had to clean up his mess and then some and he's hardly left us in the worst position ever. 

Swear to god this place is either full of taigs or Rangers "fans" who hate Rangers 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Ally McCoist is a horrible bastard for the state he left us in then continued to bleed us dry 

Warburton had to clean up his mess and then some and he's hardly left us in the worst position ever. 

Swear to god this place is either full of taigs or Rangers "fans" who hate Rangers 

We are certainly in a better position than when he took over I didn't personally rate him as a Manager but with limited funds he has taken us forward, it would be childish to suggest otherwise.

I was disappointed in a lot of his signings but we are miles away from the mess Stuart Mccall had to deal with.

6 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

hayes might have been what we needed, given we have a rep of signing the best players from the rest of scottish football why does this seem bad

walter spent 2 mill on kevin thomson when he came back, then another 2 each on whittaker and naismith, wallace, big dunc, novo, andrews there's a fucking huge list of supposed shite players we took from other scottish teams that turned out good

SPL had better standard players then, now every player bar us and savco are at the very most average

3 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

I don't hate Rangers you mess.

I hate the cunt that took us for a ride and was never fully committed to us as he had one of his snakey eyes down south at all moments.

Last season is the most overrated season in Rangers history, after January we were fucking pish and lost one of the easiest cup finals we have ever played due to the fact he's a bald worstcunt that's shirt at managing.

Dont even mention the Old Firm, the worst thing that happened to us as it bought that cunt another few months.

18 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Im guessing there was an enquiery made to aberdeen for hayes. Hayes sat down and spoke with stewart robertson about the move. Hayes has been on rangers radar since 2010/11

I struggle to believe that we've been keeping an eye on a player for six years (especially considering be moved under freedom of contract during that period) and have only decided to move for him now tbh.

42 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I struggle to believe that we've been keeping an eye on a player for six years (especially considering be moved under freedom of contract during that period) and have only decided to move for him now tbh.

Course he has but then stevie from IT came in and fucked the deals up. Said Ian black would be a better signing

11 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

I don't hate Rangers you mess.

I hate the cunt that took us for a ride and was never fully committed to us as he had one of his snakey eyes down south at all moments.

Last season is the most overrated season in Rangers history, after January we were fucking pish and lost one of the easiest cup finals we have ever played due to the fact he's a bald worstcunt that's shirt at managing.

Dont even mention the Old Firm, the worst thing that happened to us as it bought that cunt another few months.

Are you what they call an Uber fan??