Refusing to sign Hayes & Oxford was the end.

CoatbridgeBear

6 hours ago, OhW said:

Why do people say things like "very average" when they really mean "shite"? You can't say that 90% of players in a league are average. An average player is someone around the middle.

I said "now apart from us and savco everyone is at the very most average" e.g Jamie Walker, Louis Moult, Liam Boyce, Niall Mcginn. Players like that who can be good on some days and be shite the next. But apart from a select few i would agree with you that most of the leagues players are pretty shite.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14/02/2017 at 11:32 AM, DBBTB said:

I struggle to believe that we've been keeping an eye on a player for six years (especially considering be moved under freedom of contract during that period) and have only decided to move for him now tbh.

Rangers, celtic and some russian mob all expressed interest whiles hayes was at inverness then he got a knee injury and all decided against it and aberdeen took a punt

On 14/02/2017 at 6:01 PM, Murray Loyal said:

I said "now apart from us and savco everyone is at the very most average" e.g Jamie Walker, Louis Moult, Liam Boyce, Niall Mcginn. Players like that who can be good on some days and be shite the next. But apart from a select few i would agree with you that most of the leagues players are pretty shite.

Arrogance like statements of the rest of the teams player are shite is one of many reasons for the wide spread hatred of rangers. Our current team is pretty awful you could argue a case that there is a better, keeper, whole backline, holding midfielder, winger and striker to be had by selecting from other scottish clubs than what we have at present.

59 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Arrogance like statements of the rest of the teams player are shite is one of many reasons for the wide spread hatred of rangers. Our current team is pretty awful you could argue a case that there is a better, keeper, whole backline, holding midfielder, winger and striker to be had by selecting from other scottish clubs than what we have at present.

But we've sat in 2nd for most of the season, and still with a good chance of finishing there. 

The reason these players play for Scottish clubs (apart from a few gems here and there) is that they are bang average. 

You see them at their best because they lift their game against Rangers, you don't then see them not kick their own arse for the next 3 or 4 games because you don't watch them week to week. 

Also, fuck giving these scumbag bastard chairmen or clubs any money at all. I'd rather wee looked elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

But we've sat in 2nd for most of the season, and still with a good chance of finishing there. 

The reason these players play for Scottish clubs (apart from a few gems here and there) is that they are bang average. 

You see them at their best because they lift their game against Rangers, you don't then see them not kick their own arse for the next 3 or 4 games because you don't watch them week to week. 

Also, fuck giving these scumbag bastard chairmen or clubs any money at all. I'd rather wee looked elsewhere. 

We're 3 points and a fuck ton of goals behind a team whos attacking midfield player we are seemingly laughing at for being not good enough for us

Reminds me of the adam rooney debate years ago, scored every week in the spl yet he wasnt good enough for us seemingly, so we spunked a million on james beattie instead 

I think the board were right to say no to signing Hayes and Oxford. Rangers weren't making money on the transfer market side of the business compared to our biggest rivals. A DoF would ensure these goals were met.

Celtic 
Squad made up mostly of players on loan a couple of free transfers and half a dozen were transfer fees were paid.
Total Market Value of squad £45.69m
Squad size 27
Manager made a profit 
Sum: £7.99m
Average age of arrivals: 23,0
Total market value arrivals: £17.79m
Sum: £2.98m
Average age of departures: 23,1
Total market value departures: £19.57m

Aberdeen
Squad made up of free transfers and players on loan
Total Market Value of squad £7.35m
Squad size 20
Manager made a profit 
Sum: 0
Average age of arrivals: 22,6
Total market value arrivals: £4.00m
Average age of departures: 23,6
Total market value departures: £4.19m

Rangers 
Squad mostly made up of free transfers and players on loan Transfer fees were paid for Joe Garner £1.47m and Jak Alnwick £247k
Total Market Value of squad £10.53m
Squad size 24
Manager made a loss
Sum: £1.72m
Average age of arrivals: 23,1
Total market value arrivals: £9.11m
Average age of departures: 23,2
Total market value departures: £5.27m

Info from http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk

On Tue Feb 14 2017 at 0:52 AM, In Dungeons Deep said:

I don't hate Rangers you mess.

I hate the cunt that took us for a ride and was never fully committed to us as he had one of his snakey eyes down south at all moments.

Last season is the most overrated season in Rangers history, after January we were fucking pish and lost one of the easiest cup finals we have ever played due to the fact he's a bald worstcunt that's shirt at managing.

Dont even mention the Old Firm, the worst thing that happened to us as it bought that cunt another few months.

We lost the cup final because he is bald?

What does that even mean?

That bemuses me as much as warburton wanting to spend a million on hayes.

Can't be arsed reading through the thread and this has probably been said before but.....

The reason the board were correct in not sanctioning these signings were

1. They were already unsure of Warburton and not keen on spending money on his signings when he was unlikely to be in charge the following season. 

2. They already gave him money from a future budget, against a plan they had already agreed. 

3. He signed two centre backs in the summer and two the summer before, why after signing 4 centre backs are we still in desperate need for 2 centre backs?

4. £1m for Jonny fucking Hayes! 

1 hour ago, Cobham said:

Can't be arsed reading through the thread and this has probably been said before but.....

The reason the board were correct in not sanctioning these signings were

1. They were already unsure of Warburton and not keen on spending money on his signings when he was unlikely to be in charge the following season. 

2. They already gave him money from a future budget, against a plan they had already agreed. 

3. He signed two centre backs in the summer and two the summer before, why after signing 4 centre backs are we still in desperate need for 2 centre backs?

4. £1m for Jonny fucking Hayes! 

They were unsure of him yet gave him an extended contract.

it funny people saying that the board should never have bid 1 million for Hayes but when there was talk of selling McKay people were hoping to get 6 million. Mckay has 2 goals and 4 assists in 23 games and Hayes has 6 goals and 13 assists in 20 games. Stats dont lie and they put our best prospect to shame.

Just now, james_85 said:

it funny people saying that the board should never have bid 1 million for Hayes but when there was talk of selling McKay people were hoping to get 6 million. Mckay has 2 goals and 4 assists in 23 games and Hayes has 6 goals and 13 assists in 20 games. Stats dont lie and they put our best prospect to shame.

Agree they are fucking stupid, at the start of the season McKay struggled in the League and is still having just as many good games as Bad, And i Rate the Player.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

:lol: £1m for Hayes.

Even I couldn't have defended that. 

Couldn't you?

He got more assists last season and has more assists this season than any player in the league, including the ones that have been bought for millions.

So who is worth more than him?

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Agree they are fucking stupid, at the start of the season McKay struggled in the League and is still having just as many good games as Bad, And i Rate the Player.

I like McKay, but I think Wallace hinders him at times by bombing forward so much. His best spell was when Wallace was out injured. Him on one wing and Hayes on the other would have worked well. Also when looking at the 1 million figure, we spent 500,000 on MOH so 1 million doesnt actually look that bad in comparison 

8 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

Couldn't you?

He got more assists last season and has more assists this season than any player in the league, including the ones that have been bought for millions.

So who is worth more than him?

Josh Windass.

Hayes has two more assists this season than Windass who has started less than half the number of games Hayes has. 

22 minutes ago, james_85 said:

Hayes is 30 in July, McKay has just turned 22.

7 minutes ago, james_85 said:

I like McKay, but I think Wallace hinders him at times by bombing forward so much. His best spell was when Wallace was out injured. Him on one wing and Hayes on the other would have worked well. Also when looking at the 1 million figure, we spent 500,000 on MOH so 1 million doesnt actually look that bad in comparison 

Wallace should never be in front of McKay he should leave that to the more Creative player and concentrate on defending.