Warburton, Weir & McParland Statement

Guest Lloyd72

8 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

I get your point, but there is transparency and there is professionalism.

The Board may welll have a good case, but to come out as they have with the statement discrediting MW and Co, is in danger of undermining the case they have and possibly leaving the Club wide open to an expensive damages claim- which bizarrely leaves less in the pot for new players and management. Any money put into the Club these days is in the form of loans or shares (which is effectively secured against the Clubs assets- well to a degree) so actually the real people who will pay is the support through ticket purchases.

Thie Club is still loss making, has a huge amount of loan debt, we cannot afford and stupid own goals.

We also couldn't afford to keep MW in charge. 

If the board are telling the truth nothing they've said or done undermines any potential case. 

By that logic MW and team have also now undermined their case by making a public statement - which would make it a level playing field. 

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Because not even a spotty 18 year old in his first job would be that stupid

Agree completely, but mistakes do happen.

The Notts Forrest owner is notoriously under hand, we don't know what conversations have gone on - although it feels like the obvious there is no guarantee your original statement is true. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We also couldn't afford to keep MW in charge. 

If the board are telling the truth nothing they've said or done undermines any potential case. 

By that logic MW and team have also now undermined their case by making a public statement - which would make it a level playing field. 

I agree on your first point.

I disagree with your second point- because it is an employment matter and as such the employer owes a duty of care to its employees and in this case it is uncertain as to when there employment actually stopped. Matters of employment contract tend to be confidential- it was the Club that made the specifics public.

I disagree with your last point- on the basis that the  MW and co statement does not personally discredit, but merely states their position in response to the initial statement from the Club. Matters

8 minutes ago, Beaujolais said:

I agree on your first point.

I disagree with your second point- because it is an employment matter and as such the employer owes a duty of care to its employees and in this case it is uncertain as to when there employment actually stopped. Matters of employment contract tend to be confidential- it was the Club that made the specifics public.

I disagree with your last point- on the basis that the  MW and co statement does not personally discredit, but merely states their position in response to the initial statement from the Club. Matters

You were talking about damages, pretty sure there can be no damages if the club are telling the truth. 

Edit. If it was as clear cut as you're suggesting and the board have broken confidentially agreements in relation to contract law, such a simple breach would see action already being taken would it not? 

MW and co statement does discredit, it suggests the board are lying. (And also cleverly does not address the point that their representative approached the board but that's another point entirely) 

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

I've found it impossible to discredit any part of King's story other than Warburton's denial. I know we love a reason to have a kick at the board sometimes but I can't find any evidence they've fucked up. Believe me I'd love to find it and be the one with the details first.

As I undersand it the board were shocked Warburton did his presser on the Friday, they weren't expecting him to do so.

11 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

As I undersand it the board were shocked Warburton did his presser on the Friday, they weren't expecting him to do so.

Shocked he did his presser when he was apparently still due to pick the team the following day.

How peculiar.

8 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

That demonstrates how poorly the board have handled this if they were 'shocked'. There are obligations to fulfil these press commitments.

If they had acted on the Monday and sent the 3 home then there would have been no issue.

Thats why I don't believe there was a concrete resignation on the Monday and why the statement from King accepting it from that point is going to be a problem.

The theory that he would leave on the Monday would mean he would take the press conference. I can't see how any competent board member could possibly be shocked, its an utterly ridiculous suggestion.

9 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

That demonstrates how poorly the board have handled this if they were 'shocked'. There are obligations to fulfil these press commitments.

If they had acted on the Monday and sent the 3 home then there would have been no issue.

Thats why I don't believe there was a concrete resignation on the Monday and why the statement from King accepting it from that point is going to be a problem.

The theory that he would leave on the Monday would mean he would take the press conference. I can't see how any competent board member could possibly be shocked, its an utterly ridiculous suggestion.

That was from a journalist right enough so there's every chance it could be bullshit.

"The trio were NOT sacked but they clearly felt their positions were made untenable"

Does this sound familiar ?

"As for the strikers, none of them can be deemed as successful, certainly on this season's showing but that can change in the future. Lasse Vibe is exhausted after playing for over a year. Philipp Hofmann is left too isolated for the way Brentford play, while Marco Djuricin has been hit and miss and is yet to return fully from injury.

Andy Gogia and Konstantin Kerschbaumer have yet to set the world alight, although these were the two 'cheapest' signings while Andreas Bjelland suffered a season-ending injury 45 minutes into his Brentford debut in August."

Groundhog Day

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/brentford-taken-step-backwards-one-10867967

And this piece is a year old.

2 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

"The trio were NOT sacked but they clearly felt their positions were made untenable"

Does this sound familiar ?

"As for the strikers, none of them can be deemed as successful, certainly on this season's showing but that can change in the future. Lasse Vibe is exhausted after playing for over a year. Philipp Hofmann is left too isolated for the way Brentford play, while Marco Djuricin has been hit and miss and is yet to return fully from injury.

Andy Gogia and Konstantin Kerschbaumer have yet to set the world alight, although these were the two 'cheapest' signings while Andreas Bjelland suffered a season-ending injury 45 minutes into his Brentford debut in August."

Groundhog Day

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/brentford-taken-step-backwards-one-10867967

An opinion piece that ignores that the list of 'best players' were sogned by MW when the success of 'signed players' is looked at. Really quite poor piece if you read the whole thing.

Brentford have indeed gone backwards since he left.

As for a manager leaving because he was going to lose his veto over signings, do you imagine any manager being happy having players foist upon him?

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

An opinion piece that ignores that the list of 'best players' were sogned by MW when the success of 'signed players' is looked at. Really quite poor piece if you read the whole thing.

Brentford have indeed gone backwards since he left.

As for a manager leaving because he was going to lose his veto over signings, do you imagine any manager being happy having players foist upon him?

Then why do clubs have a Director of Football ?

6 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

Then why do clubs have a Director of Football ?

You do know that DoFs consult the manager. Have a look at how Les Reed works. Thats a succesful model.

Did you read the whole piece or just cherry pick the bits that you thought backed you up. You know the bit where the reporter says its too early to tell if the changes are the right decision. Brentford are currently 15th in the Championship. Dorsn't look like progress despite Dean Smith doing a reasonable job.

55 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Agree completely, but mistakes do happen.

The Notts Forrest owner is notoriously under hand, we don't know what conversations have gone on - although it feels like the obvious there is no guarantee your original statement is true. 

You can't make a mistake like that, you get it in writing before you hand in your notice. There aint a hope in hell they didn't know that.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I'm sure the agent wouldn't have  made a mistake, seems a straight up guy.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2004/oct/05/football.helencarter

You really want to take Paul Stretford seriously? 

They are both agents, neither are stand up guys but Stretford has caused far more headlines over the years than Lockwood (had you heard of him until now).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1323140/Paul-Stretford-Meet-Wayne-Rooneys-unsavoury-agent.html

2 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

I get your point, but there is transparency and there is professionalism.

The Board may welll have a good case, but to come out as they have with the statement discrediting MW and Co, is in danger of undermining the case they have and possibly leaving the Club wide open to an expensive damages claim- which bizarrely leaves less in the pot for new players and management. Any money put into the Club these days is in the form of loans or shares (which is effectively secured against the Clubs assets- well to a degree) so actually the real people who will pay is the support through ticket purchases.

Thie Club is still loss making, has a huge amount of loan debt, we cannot afford and stupid own goals.

I agree the statement discrediting MW and Co is wide open to a damage claim. If all these litigation's are paid for with loans for shares, It means the person giving the loans gets a higher shareholding when converted for shares.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

I think if we confirm they are leaving comp free to the LMA they'll advise them to drop it. Clean break and they'll want a resolution.

They may need more than that, a copy of the deal that was made may be needed. Why else would they involve the LMA? I have an feeling that the agent was structuring their amicable departure with the club's approval. saying they would leave as soon as they found another job.