Warburton, Weir & McParland Statement

Guest Lloyd72

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am sure Murty said when interviewed on TV either before or after the game, that he was at the Glasgow Warriors game on Friday night when he was asked to come back to Ibrox to discuss taking the team on Sunday. So either he was telling porkies or then that part would not work our S. 

That's right. As of Friday lunchtime he wasn't taking the team.

EDIT: I should clarify. I wasn't going to interview him on wednesday. I contacted the club to set a date for this week to go up and spend the day trailing him.

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am sure Murty said when interviewed TV either before or after the game, that he was at the Glasgow Warriors game on Friday night when he was asked to come back to Ibrox to discuss taking the team on Sunday. So either he was telling porkies or then that part would not work our S. 

Monday

Offer was put to Rangers by the agent 

Tuesday

Meeting of the board and acceptance of resignation

Wednesday

?

Thursday

?

Friday

MW agent wants to retract on resignation,board refuse

Announcement made that MW and team have resigned

MW denies resigning

Murty asked to come back  to Ibrox to discuss taking the team on Sunday

Every thing seemed to happen Friday. So was the offer on Monday a proposed offer so that MW could apply for another job?

Really sickening how many people are looking for "fair and reasonable settlements" for these three. They dont seem to realize is that the fair settlement is nothing. THEY approached the club to change the terms so their new club could deny us compo. THEY talked to another club behind rangers back. THEY fucked up royally in not getting formal assurance that the new jobs were theirs.  The risks are all THEIRS. 

Why should rangers have to suffer months of a management team that do not want to be here? Why should second place be made even harder? Why should they get fucking garden leave? 

Fuck them.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It suited both parties. We were letting him go/getting rid of him for nothing when he would the walk into the Forest job (or so his agent assumed).

Forest went a different way short-term. They panicked and tried to save their jobs here.

See if it was agreed that they would leave in the summer but came back saying they were leaving now I could see that going from amicable to outrage.

But we apparently had agreement (still amicable) they'd leave then they came back and requested it carried on til the summer and that outraged us. I don't get it. We let him stay in place until he asked to stay a bit longer and that flipped it on its head.

And then we say he had resigned on the Monday but we kept a resigned manager performing his role. I'm just not getting any logic in this tbh.

1 minute ago, smartypants said:

Just yanking your chain mate. 

Who do you think instigated the parting of ways in the first place? Before the meeting last Monday. 

Agent. It was coming sooner rather than later but the approach about letting them go to Forest without comp kick-started everything.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

See if it was agreed that they would leave in the summer but came back saying they were leaving now I could see that going from amicable to outrage.

But we apparently had agreement (still amicable) they'd leave then they came back and requested it carried on til the summer and that outraged us. I don't get it. We let him stay in place until he asked to stay a bit longer and that flipped it on its head.

And then we say he had resigned on the Monday but we kept a resigned manager performing his role. I'm just not getting any logic in this tbh.

It wasn't so much the 'let us stay' bit but the 'let us stay and let us go for fuck all whenever someone makes us an offer'. Might be next week. Might be the end of March, might nor even happen before summer but it's at MW's convenience and not Rangers'.

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

?

Thursday

?

Friday

MW denies resigning

Every thing seemed to happen Friday. So was the offer on Monday a proposed offer so that MW could apply for another job?

I think that might be more like it S, but to be honest I have been reading this thread and making the odd post for so long I am starting to :lol: at serious and well made points for some reason, so I will have to stop for tonight I think. :thumbup:

Just now, The Dude said:

Agent. It was coming sooner rather than later but the approach about letting them go to Forest without comp kick-started everything.

Do you think that the board at any point intimated to W&W before the agents approach, that their time was up?

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

These bits are making no sense. unless the deal made on Monday was a proposed deal so MW could apply for the job but that fell through hence MW saying he didn't resign

5 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Really sickening how many people are looking for "fair and reasonable settlements" for these three. They dont seem to realize is that the fair settlement is nothing. THEY approached the club to change the terms so their new club could deny us compo. THEY talked to another club behind rangers back. THEY fucked up royally in not getting formal assurance that the new jobs were theirs.  The risks are all THEIRS. 

Why should rangers have to suffer months of a management team that do not want to be here? Why should second place be made even harder? Why should they get fucking garden leave? 

Fuck them.

Because it doesn't make sense in terms of the timelines, actions and reasoning given.

And because if an employer doesn't dot I and cross t then they can get hammered by employment tribunals. Even if morally right it can be costly if procedures haven't been followed.

And if we accepted a resignation on Monday why the fuck are we still acting as normal on Friday rather than banning them from the ground?

The risks might indeed have been theirs but the financial implications are now very much ours.

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

These bits are making no sense. unless the deal made on Monday was a proposed deal so MW could apply for the job but that fell through hence MW saying he didn't resign

MW apparently resigned via his agent on the Monday. The club accepted. 

This is the club's position.

They wanted out there agent tried to get them oot only for the job to be taken away from them... We then fucked them over.

Well done board IF u want to be treated with dignity and respect dont have your agent try and get cut deals because you think its better somewhere else  

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

MW apparently resigned via his agent on the Monday. The club accepted. 

This is the club's position.

They must have accepted Tuesday so it could be raised at a board meeting,either way the bit I highlighted in your post doesn't make sense. As you say why amicable until Friday?

8 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Because it doesn't make sense in terms of the timelines, actions and reasoning given.

And because if an employer doesn't dot I and cross t then they can get hammered by employment tribunals. Even if morally right it can be costly if procedures haven't been followed.

And if we accepted a resignation on Monday why the fuck are we still acting as normal on Friday rather than banning them from the ground?

The risks might indeed have been theirs but the financial implications are now very much ours.

Youbreally cant see the sense in keeping them in charge for one last game?our last chance of a trophy?

Have u ever left a job? U know what a period of notice is?

Maybe the board accepted the agent's proposal on the Monday with the proviso that the three of them stayed to the end of the week but when the agent came back on the Friday and asked for a deferment or whatever under the same terms the board told him to do one, resignations had been accepted. We're all pissing into the wind here, doubt if we'll ever know the whole truth but I just hope the board have enough savvy to avoid a court case.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

They must have accepted Tuesday so it could be raised at a board meeting,either way the bit I highlighted in your post doesn't make sense. As you say why amicable until Friday?

Because dude says we had planned to allow them to manage the team up to and including Saturday. Which appeared to be the case until something significant happened on Friday to alter that.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Cause they never had any work finalized as the Forest job was filled hence the agent try to move the goalposts which the board refused.. meaning Warburton was out! 

Just now, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Youbreally cant see the sense in keeping them in charge for one last game?our last chance of a trophy?

Have u ever left a job? U know what a period of notice is?

Yes but they resigned on the Monday. What is their notice period incidentally? 

24 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

?

Thursday

?

Friday

MW denies resigning

Wednesday n Thursday., MW still taking training 

13 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

That's starting to come together by the looks of it all 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Because dude says we had planned to allow them to manage the team up to and including Saturday. Which appeared to be the case until something significant happened on Friday to alter that.

I'll take a stab that it was the agent trying to retract the resignations fucking brass neck that 

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

so the time line looks more like this

Monday

Offer was put to Rangers by MW’s agent

The board discussed it and accepted. 
MW resigned via his agent with immediate effect

Tuesday

?

Wednesday

?

Thursday

?

Friday

MW denies resigning

Murty asked to come back  to Ibrox to discuss taking the team on Sunday

20 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yes but they resigned on the Monday. What is their notice period incidentally? 

Well given that the contract was already dicked about with re compo it would make sense to me to change notice perid to a round week. I struggle to see what is so illogical about that. Next game out the way. No garden leave to fund. Job is a good un.