***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

The board have taken to much time with this now, from FDB and Pardew to a guy slumming it out in the Qatari league. 

We are going to get slaughtered next week and it could be yet more unwanted records broken by this shambles of a team. I don't know why but I'd hope a new manager would have got a reaction from them in time for next week but I doubt it'll happen now. 

6 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Just how bad is that Portuguese boy? You'll know a lot more than me, and you being worried is worrying me :lol:

Honestly mate theres not one thing about him that makes me think he might be OK.

1 year at U.D Leria before being sacked.

1 year at Nacional before being sacked

3 years at Santos Laguna where he done OK I guess. (1 league 2 cups in 7 half seasons). 

Now in Qatar at a 5th placed side.

The only thing giving me any hope is that he seems to be Wilsons choice and I trust he has done extensive research/knows him from Southampton looking at him.

Rangers are hopeful of announcing Pedro Caixinha as their new boss next week ahead of the clash with Celtic away on 12 March. The Portuguese coach is the front-runner to succeed Mark Warburton but could cost £300,000 in compensation. He is currently in charge of Al-Gharafa in Qatar. (The Sun)

Speechless if this is the case. 

Two important games coming up and still no manager. How do you balance getting  a quick fix in and taking your time to get it right?

I would rather get McLeish in keep looking for the long term solution (like we did with McCall) .. assuming McLeish is not holding out for a permament post.

2 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Rangers are hopeful of announcing Pedro Caixinha as their new boss next week ahead of the clash with Celtic away on 12 March. The Portuguese coach is the front-runner to succeed Mark Warburton but could cost £300,000 in compensation. He is currently in charge of Al-Gharafa in Qatar. (The Sun)

Interesting. 

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Back in 2015 Caixinha was set to join the club as Vitor Pereira’s assistant but Rangers’ failure to win promotion to the Premiership after losing in the playoffs meant that move did not materialise.

So now he's good enough to be main man? I just don't feel like taking risks after MW.

2 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Two important games coming up and still no manager. How do you balance getting  a quick fix in and taking your time to get it right?

I would rather get McLeish in keep looking for the long term solution (like we did with McCall) .. assuming McLeish is not holding out for a permament post.

We have taken our time, 3 weeks is ample time to invite applicants, conduct interviews and appoint someone. 

Just now, Shuggy said:

There's no guarantees the next manager will get it right. Look at MW he was okay to get us promoted, then clueless once we achieved it.

6 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

So now he's good enough to be main man? I just don't feel like taking risks after MW.

None of the short list inspire me. imo we need to bite the bullet and pay for a decent experience manager or start searching Europe.

I always expected us to appoint a British manager but if we were going down the path of a foreign manager there are a lot of guys who have worked extensively in Germany that are out of work who I was hoping we would go for. Guys like Thomas Schaff, Huub Stevens, Armin Veh. Yes, they have some blips on their CV's (most managers do) but they have a lot of experience managing in a really good legaue and most of them have taken teams into European competition on multiple occasions too.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I always expected us to appoint a British manager but if we were going down the path of a foreign manager there are a lot of guys who have worked extensively in Germany that are out of work who I was hoping we would go for. Guys like Thomas Schaff, Huub Stevens, Armin Veh. Yes, they have some blips on their CV's (most managers do) but they have a lot of experience managing in a really good legaue and most of them have taken teams into European competition on multiple occasions too.

Thomas Schaff is a decent shout 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Spot on :tu:

21 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Fuck that.

Theres only one route were going down with Rowett or Pedro-mediocrity. 

These chancing fucks are practically handing the tarriers 10.

"ILL INVEST 30 MILLION". Invested £3million 2 years into his 3 year plan. A crook and an embarrassment. When are the majority of our support going to see that? 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

"ILL INVEST 30 MILLION". Invested £3million 2 years into his 3 year plan. A crook and an embarrassment. When are the majority of our support going to see that? 

Think a lot are starting to wake up and see that thankfully.

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Put some nice banners up around Ibrox tho