***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It would be an improvement remember where we were 5 years ago ?

That can't be used as an excuse anymore imo. The board need to step up with investment so we're notĀ a perennial second place club. ST's were sold on the basis of going for 55. I wasn't expecting to get it first time round but I expected us to put up a challenge. DK did promise to do whatever it takes. Is this short listĀ the best he can do.

Discounting Pedro is foolish - he's hardly the best record, but he's got experience in three different leagues, and had relative success in each.Ā 

Weve no idea what he's said to the board, he could be exactly what we need, nobody knows as I've yet to see anyone take a interest in Mexican and Qatari football from Scotland, and I'd wager it's a higher quality than here an aw.Ā 

Rowett would probably be my choice out of the list, but if we're going DOF route, Wilson will have had to had some input in the process, I'm hoping that means he's of the Mauricio Potch mould, relatively unknown but took the league by stormĀ 

3 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Discounting Pedro is foolish - he's hardly the best record, but he's got experience in three different leagues, and had relative success in each.Ā 

Weve no idea what he's said to the board, he could be exactly what we need, nobody knows as I've yet to see anyone take a interest in Mexican and Qatari football from Scotland, and I'd wager it's a higher quality than here an aw.Ā 

Rowett would probably be my choice out of the list, but if we're going DOF route, Wilson will have had to had some input in the process, I'm hoping that means he's of the Mauricio Potch mould, relatively unknown but took the league by stormĀ 

Pochettino did a good job in La Liga ffs, ridiculous comparison.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Why would he be at Ibrox whenĀ it's well documented thatĀ we've been carrying out the interviews in London?

Don't ask me. I'm just telling you something that actually happened, which MAY have a bearing on the situation. I thought that was the purpose of the topic. Sorry.

28 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Honestly mate theres not one thing about him that makes me think he might be OK.

1 year at U.D Leria before being sacked.

1 year at Nacional before being sacked

3 years at Santos Laguna where he done OK I guess. (1 league 2 cups in 7 half seasons).Ā 

Now in Qatar at a 5th placed side.

The only thing giving me any hope is that he seems to be Wilsons choice and I trust he has done extensive research/knows him from Southampton looking at him.

While he would be a gamble, I'm not sure he is quite as uninspiring as you make out. He did take 2 of Portugal's smallest clubs to higher than usual league finishes and both clubs got worse after he left. He also has a reputation for bringing through young players. Unfortunately, that sounds a bit too much like Warburton's background.

Also, it depends which version of events you believe with regards to how he left Leiria and Nacional. They claim he was fired, he claims he quit. Plus one full season is a good career for a manager in that league.

Took Santos to their first ever league and super cup wins in Mexico.

To be honest though, I reckon our board are most interested in him because he stuck around at Leiria for over 6 months without even being paid when they ran out of money:whistle:.

3 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

While he would be a gamble, I'm not sure he is quite as uninspiring as you make out. He did take 2 of Portugal's smallest clubs to higher than usual league finishes and both clubs got worse after he left. He also has a reputation for bringing through young players. Unfortunately, that sounds a bit too much like Warburton's background.

Also, it depends which version of events you believe with regards to how he left Leiria and Nacional. They claim he was fired, he claims he quit. Plus one full season is a good career for a manager in that league.

Took Santos to their first ever league and super cup wins in Mexico.

To be honest though, I reckon our board are most interested in him because he stuck around at Leiria for over 6 months without even being paid when they ran out of money:whistle:.

Both Portugese clubs finished higher the season before he took over mate

9 minutes ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

Ā 

We need Muff.

7 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Does he have experience in a really good league and experience takingĀ teams into European games?

NO

Then he really shouldn't be considered, It achieves nothing for Rangers andĀ we could potentially have another stepping stone manager has he'll get bonus points on his cv for managing Rangers.Ā 

Not inspired by the list tbh but if they listĀ is true then I would have to say caxinha,all I'm hoping is someone we haven't heard of is actually a decent manager with different ideas and a different approach,going of point a abit I suppose no one really heard of David Wagner for Huddersfield and he's doing a cracking job for them.

heres hoping we do something similar if caxinha gets job.

do wish king would put his money where his mouth is and at least try andĀ go for de boerĀ 

I don't know a single thing about Caxinha to be honest. I've never heard of the guy in my life and we're in no position to be taking chances. The board are a bunch of incompetents but even I don't think they'd be that daft..

After meeting with Rowett on Tuesday and looking like appointing a DoF by the weekend, I think he's the man for the board. Wouldn't be my first choice but we could do a lot worse if some of the names being mentioned are true!

8 minutes ago, PRW. said:

True that. Although only by goal difference for one and with fewer points at the other;-).Ā 

I'm not convinced either way. Just think he would be a gamble.

The other names cropping up aren't even as positive as that.

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

Honestly mate theres not one thing about him that makes me think he might be OK.

1 year at U.D Leria before being sacked.

1 year at Nacional before being sacked

3 years at Santos Laguna where he done OK I guess. (1 league 2 cups in 7 half seasons).Ā 

Now in Qatar at a 5th placed side.

The only thing giving me any hope is that he seems to be Wilsons choice and I trust he has done extensive research/knows him from Southampton looking at him.

Wasn't sacked at Leria he took them to 7th place finish and left the following season over unpaid wages.

Took Nacional to 10th after taking overĀ then had poor start following season and left.

The 5th place side is best according to Qatari reporter the best that team have done in years. Just cause they are 5th doesn't make them shite, it's relevant to budgets etc.

Sky are saying it's between Rowett and Neil. Who is it saying about this Portugese guy?Ā 

Also just found an article of Rowett praising Toral back in January when we got him

And another one saying "Will Rowett transform former Birmingham loanee Rob Kiernan at Rangers?" THANKFULLY, that was HITC.

Rowett's style of football isĀ the polar opposite to what we play at the moment.

I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing because we are far too lightweight and powderpuff but it hardly points to theĀ sort of continuity that the board are supposed to be looking for does it?

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Sky are saying it's between Rowett and Neil. Who is it saying about this Portugese guy?Ā 

Also just found an article of Rowett praising Toral back in January when we got him

And another one saying "Will Rowett transform former Birmingham loanee Rob Kiernan at Rangers?" THANKFULLY, that was HITC.

Depressing if it's between they 2 I fear for us going forward I really doĀ