***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I dont agree I believe there was a gap that was there when we came up that still remains there that hasn't changed in anyway IMO... People got carried away about this season off the back of the semi v them.. Did you expect us to win the title this season?

I didnt expect to be 30 odd points behind them . i dint expect us to be six points behind Aberdeens and getting torn apart at tynecastle twice amongst many other shambolic performances 

31 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

He fights bulls.

Not football related but definitely worth mentioning.

Too many bull rumours going around. Red Bull for sponsors:rofl:  who'll rename Ibrox as the Red bull stadium,:rofl: The Red bull Rangers. will be managed by Matador Pedro:rofl:. Who plans is to challenge Celtic by teaching our defence bull training. :rofl: If that's the plan then I hope King Bull will step a side. If I didn't laugh I'd cry. 

I think Pedro Caixinha  being manager is a red herring. 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Warburton was a failure.

Funny that as most fans I talk to don't see him as a failure. Only the miserable people on here who seem to get off on doing nothing but moan about Rangers and every single thing about the club 

I know many will say aswell that their run is one off this season aswell and maybe so but realistically how many will they lose next season if similar scenario unfold where they are playing way out Infront every week with no real pressure with the same type of squad against the same usual shite  . Maybe 3 or 4 at best with a couple of draws. only way we are going to have a serious impact on their form is by keeping within reasonable touching distance of them throughout and applying that extra bit of pressure .

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I didnt expect to be 30 odd points behind them . i dint expect us to be six points behind Aberdeens and getting torn apart at tynecastle twice amongst many other shambolic performances 

I don't have very high expectations of the current group of players mate they don't have it in them to play for this club.. We won the championship then we gambled on 11 new signings not one has worked...

unless a new manager has been given the go ahead to get shot of 17-18 players I see next season being no different

when shit has got tough this season this squad buckled and it needs sorted asap

9 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Funny that as most fans I talk to don't see him as a failure. Only the miserable people on here who seem to get off on doing nothing but moan about Rangers and every single thing about the club 

What do they see him has then?

I certainly haven't run into anyone who was gutted at him leaving

Warburton gets you promotion at a canter. Scottish cup final. Puts Celtic out the Scottish cup. installs an actual football philosophy into the club from the youth ranks to the first team which seemed near impossible after the state McCoist and co left us in. He built a squad from scratch pretty much and was repaid by the board with a pitiful budget and expected to win the league with it. For most part we've sat second this season. He's bought young players with potential that might actually end up doing well with us given a bit of time. 

Even getting us promoted after the sorry state we were in before he took over was an achievement in itself :lol: we were getting pumped off Hibs and Hearts everytime we played them just about, people's memories on here are short. He didn't even have a full season in the top-flight but most agree he would have finished 2nd with us. Still in the Scottish cup. Put out the league cup semi by the best Celtic team ever and one of the best in the world if you read some people's comments on here 

How on earth that constitutes as a failure is beyond me. If we were sitting down in 7th then aye but we're still in the running for 2nd place. What else could we ask for really? Given the budget he got, the luck we've had with injuries and Barton etc. 

I mean it when I say it that most Rangers fans I know don't look at him as a failure, I've only ever read such personal hatred for him on here by the usual miserable bastards who are consistently sour-faced in every single thread about Rangers. Get tired of seeing the same old names and the utterly depressing shite they spout. You can't call yourself a fan if you're unwilling to support them during the terrible times. 

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Did you expect us to get shagged by Hearts, Dundee, Inverness and the tims every tims we played them?

Did you expect to be sitting third behind Aberdeen.

Did you expect to drop points at home to the likes of Hamilton, St Johnston and co?

Did you expect us to be relying on a 37 year old to bail us out of games and get us through cup games?

Don't pretend this shite is anywhere acceptable or was expected. 

When shit got tough this squad quit. ICT hearts scum dundee name whoever you want mate. How to beat us is get right in about us we dont want to know. Am not suprised at how things have turned out.

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Too many bull rumours going around. Red Bull for sponsors:rofl:  who'll rename Ibrox as the Red bull stadium,:rofl: The Red bull Rangers. will be managed by Matador Pedro:rofl:. Who plans is to challenge Celtic by teaching our defence bull training. :rofl: If that's the plan then I hope King Bull will step a side. If I didn't laugh I'd cry. 

I think Pedro Caixinha  being manager is a red herring. 

Imagine kiernan trying to chase a bull 

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Warburton gets you promotion at a canter. Scottish cup final. Puts Celtic out the Scottish cup. installs an actual football philosophy into the club from the youth ranks to the first team which seemed near impossible after the state McCoist and co left us in. He built a squad from scratch pretty much and was repaid by the board with a pitiful budget and expected to win the league with it. For most part we've sat second this season. He's bought young players with potential that might actually end up doing well with us given a bit of time. 

Even getting us promoted after the sorry state we were in before he took over was an achievement in itself :lol: we were getting pumped off Hibs and Hearts everytime we played them just about, people's memories on here are short. He didn't even have a full season in the top-flight but most agree he would have finished 2nd with us. Still in the Scottish cup. Put out the league cup semi by the best Celtic team ever and one of the best in the world if you read some people's comments on here 

How on earth that constitutes as a failure is beyond me. If we were sitting down in 7th then aye but we're still in the running for 2nd place. What else could we ask for really? Given the budget he got, the luck we've had with injuries and Barton etc. 

I mean it when I say it that most Rangers fans I know don't look at him as a failure, I've only ever read such personal hatred for him on here by the usual miserable bastards who are consistently sour-faced in every single thread about Rangers. Get tired of seeing the same old names and the utterly depressing shite they spout. You can't call yourself a fan if you're unwilling to support them during the terrible times. 

We were still getting pumped off hibs and hearts under warburton 

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

What did he succeed at then?

Getting out the championship? Wow what an achievement.

We were embarrassed in a cup final against a shite Hivs side also playing lower league football. 

We sacked our 'big name' signing a few months after he signed.

We have got skelped of Aberdeen, Hearts and the tims several times. 

He had us sitting third in the table despite spending over £3 million in fee's and millions more in wages. We are more than 30 points behind the taigs and a few results behind Aberdeen. 

He scattered like a wee rat down south to try and secure a new job when he fucked this one.

If he was a success due to getting out shite leagues with more money than anyone else then so is McCoist which we all know is mince.

So go on Gaz tell us all how Warburton was a success?

Mate you're nothing but a greeting faced lassie. You're like it in every thread, even in the OT. I don't even take any of your Rangers related posts seriously. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

When shit got tough this squad quit. ICT hearts scum dundee name whoever you want mate. How to beat us is get right in about us we dont want to know. Am not suprised at how things have turned out.

Why were you saying in the summer that we would win the league then?

Has there been any information today that Wilson is going to be the DoF ? It is amazing if the appointment is due tomorrow and no one from the press has got hold of the story.

This Pedro dude seems to have shot to the top of the manager list and the papers seem all over that story, but no mention of the DoF, seems strange to me. :confused: 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Mate you're nothing but a greeting faced lassie. You're like it in every thread, even in the OT. I don't even take any of your Rangers related posts seriously. 

Answer my question. If you are going to mock other folks posts then have the ability to counter it ffs.

How has Warburton been a success? It's not exactly hard to answer since you seem to believe it Gaz....

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

We were still getting pumped off hibs and hearts under warburton 

Hibs never pumped us 4-0 with us failing to register a shot on target. Oh and we didn't finish 3rd in the fucking championship. Get real man, you're all blinded by hatred and can't see how far we've actually came as a football team over the past 2 years 

8 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Winning the Championship was the minimum that had to be achieved, the football philosophy stuff looked promising for about the first six months but it just got progressively worse from 2016 to the extent where the set up looked hardly any different to McCoist's. There's been regression rather than progression football wise and results wise we've been struggling for 2nd from the beginning when we should have been a comfortable 2nd with our budget compared to the rest, continuing the theme of constantly failing in tougher away games. The Scottish Cup semi i'll give you but then we proceeded to throw away the final and a shot at Europe against a rank rotten Hibs team. To top it all off he then tried to run away to Nottingham Forest and tried to crawl back when it fell through

I really don't know what it is/was about Warburton that makes you so defensive of him Gaz

Aye how far we have come...

Getting skelped aff Heart, Inverness, Dundee, Inverness, the taigs several times and of course scrapping to credible draws at home to the likes of the mighty Hamilton and County.

Oh and bottling a cup final.

We have came on leaps and bounds eh.....:britney:

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Every fan I have spoke to seems to be in agreement that he was found out desperately in the premier league and had as much ability of changing a game as Stevie wonder . Stuck religiously to his 4-3-3 when it was found out about 18 months ago , made continuous like for like subsitutions and never once looked like trying to sort out the shambles at the back . 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Answer my question. If you are going to mock other folks posts then have the ability to counter it ffs.

I have on many occasions and I just did again. 

What's the argument that he's this big failure? Cause we can't compete with celtic? Cause we lost a few games terribly? Cause he wouldn't play a long ball? Cause you don't like one or two signings? 

Compare that with what he actually gave us. Something that McCoist and McCall couldn't. McCoist is what you call a failure. 

6 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Yes he instilled a philosophy but it did not work most games and he refused to change. He bought a lot of players and currently none of them have any real sell on or have improved markedly.

His away record in the championship and now against the top 4 speaks for itself

He is a failure as we should easily be a comfortable 2nd with the budget we have.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Aye how far we have come...

Getting skelped aff Heart, Inverness, Dundee, Inverness, the taigs several times and of course scrapping to credible draws at home to the likes of the mighty Aberdeen and County.

Oh and bottling a cup final.

We have came on leaps and bounds eh.....:britney:

Or still in the running for finishing second? The ultimate goal anyway? 

Pick your facts if you want mate. But il continue to look at the bigger picture.