***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Hibs never pumped us 4-0 with us failing to register a shot on target. Oh and we didn't finish 3rd in the fucking championship. Get real man, you're all blinded by hatred and can't see how far we've actually came as a football team over the past 2 years 

Hearts just recently pumped us 4-1 going on 7 at tynecastle . I am getting real . The benchmark of this club will never be a day we got beat 4-0 at hibs . The benchmark of this club is winning titles and playing in Europe . Both looked highly unlikely under warburton 

Just now, Amato said:

This season was a failure but you can't knock MW for last year's efforts.

I'm convinced we are going with Wilson and Caixinha now

I can the second half of the season

From the New Year onwards we had about three decent games, I didn't make much of a fuss of it then because I wanted to give him a proper chance but it was clearly the warning sign

I'll be the very first to say I'm wrong if I am proved to be so, however I don't think there's a being alive today that could convince me this appointment is a good one.

There's not a chance in hell he knows how to structure a back four with the players we have currently, or be able to find suitable defenders suitable for the Scottish game that's going to improve our glaring weakness for almost five years now. 

Just strikes me as a more of the same type appointment, thus the same problems as before creeping up. 

We'll be back here in 6-12 months discussing the same things, not any closer to Celtic, another title closer to 10IAR and more likely more money down the drain in a time where every dime counts. 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I have on many occasions and I just did again. 

What's the argument that he's this big failure? Cause we can't compete with celtic? Cause we lost a few games terribly? Cause he wouldn't play a long ball? Cause you don't like one or two signings? 

Compare that with what he actually gave us. Something that McCoist and McCall couldn't. McCoist is what you call a failure. 

No the failure being our squad is a complete unbalanced mess riddled with shite like Kiernan, Senderos, Tav, Garner, Wilson, Halliday, Holt, Dodoo, Forrester and a number more.

The failure being we sit third behind a team who have spent a fraction of what we have over the past 2 seasons. 

The failure being getting humiliated against the likes of Hearts, Aberdeen and the tims. Not to mention the other drubbings we have had against bottom of the league shite. 

The failure being he has bottled the majority of every big game he has managed us in. Who gives a flying fuck if we beat the tims on penalties just to lose to a dire Hivs side in a cup final? We were embarrassing 

McCoist is a failure and so is Warburton. He had to fuck off down south to try and secure employment because he had us in a dire mess....what else would you call that?

Cause we lost a few games :lol: Give over ffs, if you cant see the state this club is in because of Warburton you are beyond help. 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

What philosophy did Warburton exactly install? 

High tempo passing football? Worked until November then it went tits up for over a year. 

Exactly.

He had us playing dire football for the majority of his tenure. That's simply fact.

2 hours ago, theiconicman said:

Who should we be loyal to, if not our country? Ignoring the irony of the question for a minute. 

Be loyal to whatever you want mate. Your dog, your cat, your wife, a statue elephant, a garden gnome - I feel nothing but apathy towards Scotland as a country and a huge chunk of it's population/football supporters/Government/politicians/media/Police/establishments (basically everything that makes the country up) ... I'm not denying I'm Scottish like the taigs deny their British ... I'm saying that In my eyes we owe the country fuck-all.

It's a shite hole that festers hate to anything I hold dear. That's nothing worth being loyal to. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Be loyal to whatever you want mate. Your dog, your cat, your wife, a statue elephant, a garden gnome - I feel nothing but apathy towards Scotland as a country and a huge chunk of it's population/football supporters/Government/politicians/media/Police/establishments (basically everything that makes the country up) ... I'm not denying I'm Scottish like the taigs deny their British ... I'm saying that In my eyes we owe the country fuck-all.

It's a shite hole that festers hate to anything I hold dear. That's nothing worth being loyal to. 

i guess people see being loyal and wanting to change something as being mutually exclusive. 

Just because I don't like the current power brokers of my country doesn't mean I'd be disloyal. 

3 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

i guess people see being loyal and wanting to change something as being mutually exclusive. 

Just because I don't like the current power brokers of my country doesn't mean I'd be disloyal. 

I just see it different. I can't feel loyalty to this country in any shape or form. In fact the masochist in me wants it to go down the pan even further to bring about the change you refer to quicker. 

Being loyal to this cesspit is akin to Stockholm syndrome or something - a sense of loyalty and being in love with an enemy/harmful figure. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Even then, could've and maybe should've happened a bit earlier.

Yip.

The season has been a disaster ever since we kicked off to Aberdeen. 

Warburton had lost the plot as soon as we beat the tims last season, those final months in the championship were dire and it just dragged on for another season. He was shite

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yip.

The season has been a disaster ever since we kicked off to Aberdeen. 

Warburton had lost the plot as soon as we beat the tims last season, those final months in the championship were dire and it just dragged on for another season. He was shite

Been rotten mate.

Couldn't agree more, sadly.

1 minute ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Pedro terrifies me. No pedigree whatsoever. Won next to nothing. Worked for Celtic previously and their Mexican feeder club. A disaster waiting to happen. 

Only an opinion of course. 

When did he work for Celtic :megaanguish:

16 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I'll be the very first to say I'm wrong if I am proved to be so, however I don't think there's a being alive today that could convince me this appointment is a good one.

There's not a chance in hell he knows how to structure a back four with the players we have currently, or be able to find suitable defenders suitable for the Scottish game that's going to improve our glaring weakness for almost five years now. 

Just strikes me as a more of the same type appointment, thus the same problems as before creeping up. 

We'll be back here in 6-12 months discussing the same things, not any closer to Celtic, another title closer to 10IAR and more likely more money down the drain in a time where every dime counts. 

Agree with this 100%.

We are crying out for somebody who can take us back to the basics, get us well organised, make us dogged and more hard to beat before we try to implement another relentless attacking philosophy based on European footballing principles 

The fans might not like that because it's not great to watch and it might not be glamourous enough for them but it's what we need right now.

Another experiment like this now is a huge, huge risk and I'd be really surprised if it paid off.

If it's a straight choice between Pedro and Rowett then it has to be Rowett. Don't get me wrong, I have my concerns about him too but his style of football is more along the lines of what we need just now.