***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

21 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Someone put his CV up earlier and it was explained. The league done a thing where the top 8 split and done like a round-robin/knockout for the league and his team won it. 

The LigaMX en Mexico is like most Central/South American leagues here that have an Apertura (opening) league and a Clausura (closing) league, the big difference with Mexico is that they do the playoff of the top 8 teams for the apertura and clausura. I don't agree with the playoff system but a lot of leagues in this area of the world do this including here in Colombia where my local team finish 4th in the clausura last year and then won the league in the playoffs. The LigaMX is one of the toughest leagues in the world so even to go and win the playoff is a good achievement, do not right off how difficult this league is. Pedro is not my favourite to take the managers job but I am not convinced by any of the candidates that are supposedly on this shortlist. 

1 minute ago, denya said:

The LigaMX en Mexico is like most Central/South American leagues here that have an Apertura (opening) league and a Clausura (closing) league, the big difference with Mexico is that they do the playoff of the top 8 teams for the apertura and clausura. I don't agree with the playoff system but a lot of leagues in this area of the world do this including here in Colombia where my local team finish 4th in the clausura last year and then won the league in the playoffs. The LigaMX is one of the toughest leagues in the world so even to go and win the playoff is a good achievement, do not right off how difficult this league is. Pedro is not my favourite to take the managers job but I am not convinced by any of the candidates that are supposedly on this shortlist. 

I'm gonna come out and see you in Columbia one day dude

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Really uninspiring cv the guy Pedro has. How is he even a contender? 

Well he was a scout for the scum, maybe he has a book of promising young players that can be brought in on the cheap and sold on for billions,I'd settle for that.

I think there may be something in McInnes tbh. It's unusual Milne has said today an approach wouldn't be welcome when he's not really been mentioned anywhere credible before anyway and now McCulloch's Tweet. 

For me I personally think they will go for a "home" based manager who knows the style of the Scottish leagues and what is expected at Rangers so I think for me they will go for McLeish or McInnes. They are probably the best out of an uninspiring bunch. 

An appointment that would excite fans and we'd have sold 42k thousand season tickets again.

i reckon we'll drop between 4-6 thousand this season the way things are going..

The board will have to meet shortfall by either loaning/investing  funds or by cutting costs.

Rightly or wrongly and whether Robertson insists there is no confusion or turmoil inside Ibrox over the process and timing of appointments of a DOF and manager the prolonged dragging out of things risks starting to create the impression that they are scrambling about trying to find someone.    

I'm sure Robertson, Dickson and Park would want everyone to believe a deliberate, planned, ordered and well structured process is being followed.    Each day that passes - actually its becoming each week that passes - and the longer it goes without results being announced the harder it will be to avoid the impression that despite the attempted air of serenity the 3 of them are panic paddling like fuck below the water, and in secrecy, to land someone suitable.   

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Stv news say we hope to get Pedro in next week...

Hope the board have found an extra 5 million to fund the short-fall in season ticket sales from this seriously under-whelming appointment, If there's anymore proof needed that Robertson is not upto the job and King doesn't care and takes the fans for pricks then this appointment would reflect that, 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Hope the board have found an extra 5 million to fund the short-fall in season ticket sales from this seriously under-whelming appointment, If there's anymore proof needed that Robertson is not upto the job and King doesn't care and takes the fans for pricks then this appointment would reflect that, 

The only way to avoid the slump in ST sales would be for the guy to come in and somehow get the shower of shite we have at the minute looking something akin to a hungry, organised and talented football team.

3 minutes ago, Cobham said:

The only way to avoid the slump in ST sales would be for the guy to come in and somehow get the shower of shite we have at the minute looking something akin to a hungry, organised and talented football team.

Or to make a promise that 10/15 million will be spent on rebuilding.

Time for them to dig deep.

2 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Yeah exactly, nobody knows this guy and he could be great or he could be shite. The early signs will give some indication of how good/bad he will be.

From what I've read he likes a 4-4-2 double 6 (meaning two holding midfielders like Arsenal had with Petit and Viera for instance one sits back more and one is more progressive).

Its a risk no doubt about it but we'll have to see what happens. 

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Or to make a promise that 10/15 million will be spent on rebuilding.

Time for them to dig deep.

This isn't even the sort of guy that's gonna come in and demand top doller for players, either.

Just the way these rats like it. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yeah exactly, nobody knows this guy and he could be great or he could be shite. The early signs will give some indication of how good/bad he will be.

From what I've read he likes a 4-4-2 double 6 (meaning two holding midfielders like Arsenal had with Petit and Viera for instance one sits back more and one is more progressive).

Its a risk no doubt about it but we'll have to see what happens. 

He had his team set up as a 4231 today mate.

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What has this Caixinha done in football then?

Someone enlighten me.

From an article called 5 things gers fans should know about Pedro...

1 - he was a keeper

2 - He’s had a well-travelled career

To date, Caixinha has worked in his native Portugal, Greece, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Mexico and now Qatar, where he’s manager of Al-Gharafa Sports Club. That doesn’t include the various places he’s travelled as part of his scouting work, which he’s done on and off in between breaks from coaching over his 18-year career away from the pitch. He was even on Celtic’s payroll at one point after the Parkhead side expanded their scouting network in 2009.

He would later leave to become the assistant manager of the Saudi Arabian national team before finally landing a gig of his own with U.D. Leiria. He led the Portuguese side to 10th in the league table in his only season there, but resigned amid rumours he and the players were not getting paid. The club were relegated at the end of the following campaign.

By that time Caixinha had already got himself a new job with C.D. Nacional. He helped them to seventh in the table, but quit later in the year after a dismal start to the new campaign.

3 - Did an excellent job with Club Santos Laguna in Mexico

His standout role, and the one optimistic Rangers fans will be focusing on, came with Santos Laguna in Mexico. The Green-and-Whites won the Clausura championship in 2015. This came at the end of a season where the club finished eighth in the regular season table, only just sneaking into the play-offs. Although, it should be noted, they did have the youngest squad in the league at the time.

To explain Mexican football further: the top flight calendar has two separate seasons, each with their own league and playoffs. Santos, under the guidance of Caixinha, won one of those. He also led them to two second place finishes in the league table and two semi-final appearances in the play-offs. This was added to by success in the form of a domestic cup and the Mexican version of the Super Cup/Charity Shield, where the two play-off champions square off against each other.

He resigned a short time into the following season with Santos winning only one of their first five.

4 - Named the 36th best football coach in the world in 2013/14

5 - Viewed as progressive and innovative coach

He’s more Ian Cathro than Dick Campbell, a comparison he may even understand having worked toward his coaching badges in Scotland. Praised for his leadership qualities in the past, he’s viewed as an innovator and someone who embraces modern technology and techniques on the training ground. He wishes his side to impose themselves on opponents and “dominate all the moments of the game”.

Not exactly filling me confidence or excitement that article...

This is a big call for the board, I am a bit underwhelmed atm but if Wilson is appointed and he is his man so to speak I will perk up a bit as his Southampton recommendations have not been too shabby.

All guesswork though, all the other runners and riders are drifting atm apart from Rowett.