***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Just now, Smile said:

What Robertson said in the match Programme.

There is no confusion or turmoil inside Rangers,” he said. “There has always been a clarity of purpose.

A management team resigned and is about to be replaced after an intense and detailed process, which was absolutely necessary given the lack of progress on the playing front so far this season.

We simply could not be hurried into making appointments which might not have been correct for the club’s long term development.

It is important to remember just how far Rangers has come in a short period and to keep in mind that we are still laying down foundations which will ensure a successful future. I am confident the new manager and director of football will drive us towards that future.

Our search has been narrowed down to a few outstanding candidates, who we believe possess the necessary skills and attributes. We have been deliberately forensic in our search, studying every detail of each manager’s character, his work and his style and we have sought many references for those who have stood out from the rest.

Above all though, our next manager will be someone who understands that defeat can never be acceptable. Rangers is synonymous with winning and we will select a manager who is also a winner.

Frankly, results must improve and so it is vital that we appoint soon. Doing so will also allow our new manager a few months to assess the current squad while formalising his summer recruitment plans. Again, the funds are there to support the new manager.

Good words but talk is cheap.

Crikey - if this is for real, and he is genuinely on 2 million... I don't know whether to laugh or cry. There must be some serious funds lurking somewhere. We are in a loss making cycle of ever increasing debt, yet are allegedly just about to slash out serious cash on this guy, plus get a DoF, we may need to pay off Warbs and Co, and that's before we have looked at creating a "transfer war chest"- We are living in interesting times. If King and Co have put aside these sort of funds then they will deserve serious credit.

The important thing though regardless of who comes,they need to be backed by serious money and given time to build their own squad. I don't want to see the new manager getting slated for whatever happens between now and the end of this season,even Conte would struggle to get this shower of shite playing well.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The important thing though regardless of who comes,they need to be backed by serious money and given time to build their own squad. I don't want to see the new manager getting slated for whatever happens between now and the end of this season,even Conte would struggle to get this shower of shite playing well.

If the new manager is in place for the trip to the theatre of screams, anything less than a convincing win and he'd need to go imo.

Guest Lloyd72

I'd like to know how good his english is, he could be the best coach in the world but if he can't get his message across to the players he has no chance.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I'd like to know how good his english is, he could be the best coach in the world but if he can't get his message across to the players he has no chance.

How the fuck is it ah canny understand cunts fae aberdeen yet ah kin understand ppl fae ayrshire?

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, linfield1690 said:

How the fuck is it ah canny understand cunts fae aberdeen yet ah kin understand ppl fae ayrshire?

fuck knows maybe you're stupid

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

I want us to dominate Scottish football 

And I I don't care how we play whilst doing it . If it meant playing similar to smiths slightly boring and unpleasing on the eye style then so be it . win first and style of play second in my opinion 

STV news reported it as if it is a certainty that Pedro has got the job, but where are we getting the money to pay for him as he must be on a right good wedge from the oil-rich sheikh?  Add to this the money we will have to pay for a DoF and it just doesn't add up, plus a sizeable budget for the new manager to work with. My head is frazzled with this because we don't have the income to pay for all this. Unless we have unearthed a very rich sugar daddy I just don,t see where the money is coming from.