***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 minutes ago, Grundy said:

STV news reported it as if it is a certainty that Pedro has got the job, but where are we getting the money to pay for him as he must be on a right good wedge from the oil-rich sheikh?  Add to this the money we will have to pay for a DoF and it just doesn't add up, plus a sizeable budget for the new manager to work with. My head is frazzled with this because we don't have the income to pay for all this. Unless we have unearthed a very rich sugar daddy I just don,t see where the money is coming from.

We have no idea what he is currently on and the notion we have zero money whatsoever is a myth mostly spun by beggars.  Our previous manager and current players don't work for free.  Our next manager and dof won't either.

Having said that, I hope its not him.

3 minutes ago, Grundy said:

STV news reported it as if it is a certainty that Pedro has got the job, but where are we getting the money to pay for him as he must be on a right good wedge from the oil-rich sheikh?  Add to this the money we will have to pay for a DoF and it just doesn't add up, plus a sizeable budget for the new manager to work with. My head is frazzled with this because we don't have the income to pay for all this. Unless we have unearthed a very rich sugar daddy I just don,t see where the money is coming from.

your listening to much to people that love nothing but negativity about Rangers relax we can afford both appointment's

4 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Possibly sold it as a gateway to the Epl?? If he comes here and wins the league he'll get noticed down south.

1 hour ago, moody blue 1972 said:

2. has never actually won fuck all (winning a league after finishing 8th does not count)

Winning the LigaMX even if it goes into playoffs format is still a lot harder than winning the Scottish premiership. You clearly underestimate how difficult a league the LigaMX is. It is a tough league with many good sides, much harder than Scotland can produce. He is not my first choice for manager but to say he has won nothing is not right. 

10 minutes ago, Grundy said:

We can afford both appointments no bother IMO - it's the issue of appropriate funds for a new team/playing additions that will be the main issue - as usual. 

Markem, Kirk, Dougal, thanks for the replies, maybe I.m worrying too much about the finances because I assumed that he would be on a fortune in the middle east and he will want an assistant you'd think. Still can.t figure how we can afford a DoF.

29 minutes ago, Grundy said:

He has a few months left of his contract and I can almost guarantee he will take a hefty wage cut because it will give him a brilliant platform to hopefully impress and move on to England eventually. 

27 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Markem, Kirk, Dougal, thanks for the replies, maybe I.m worrying too much about the finances because I assumed that he would be on a fortune in the middle east and he will want an assistant you'd think. Still can.t figure how we can afford a DoF.

stop fretting buddy, we can afford the salaries of individuals

35 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Possibly sold it as a gateway to the Epl?? If he comes here and wins the league he'll get noticed down south.

If he comes here and wins league after the shit season we have had he will walk into any team he chooses ?

42 minutes ago, Grundy said:

The Guys been a bullfighter must have been on big money. the good thing is he will be good at dealing with bullshit from the board.

32 minutes ago, Grundy said:

It will be hard to keep the Finances in order now Warburton away as he was a high flyer in the City.

4 minutes ago, markem said:

stop fretting buddy, we can afford the salaries of individuals

Hope you're right, I suppose we've got rid of three salaries so maybe can afford to splash out a wee bit.  Smile, he'll need a thick skin and big shovel.