***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

4 hours ago, Amato said:

11 October 2012 Caixinha resigned as manager of Nacional after only picking up five points from six league games, which left the club placed second from the bottom in the league.[6] Late into the month, he accepted an offer from Mexico's Santos Laguna.[7]

In his first national tournament Caixinha qualified the team for the Clausura Liguilla in the Liga MX,[8] also reaching the final of the North America, Central America and Caribbean most important competition, the CONCACAF Champions League.[9][10] He left the club on 15 August 2015, after winning three major titles.[11][12]

Is that supposed to equate to pedigree? He's a footballing nobody. Not the calibre promised at all. Not even close. 

Guest Lloyd72

On December 2012, Pedro Caixinha signed with Club Santos Laguna of Mexico and Managed the team during almost 3 years, until August 2015.

During the first period of one and half years in charge of the team (3 tournaments), he achieved the Playoffs (La Liguilla) of the Mexican League (LigaMX), 3 consecutive times, reaching always the semifinals of the competition.

Meanwhile, he qualified the club to the Final of the CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2013 and achieved the historical qualification for the CONMEBOL COPA LIBERTADORES 2014 (the 2nd time in the history of the club Santos Laguna, 10 years after their 1st and unique participation until that moment).

At the end of the season 2013/14, Pedro Caixinha was on the “Football Coach World Ranking”:

The 36th best football coach of the world

The 3rd best Portuguese football coach working worldwide

Following the Apertura 2014 tournament, on October 2014, he achieved the title of CopaMX (MEXICAN CUP), for the first time ever, in the history of the Club.

Showing and proving the excellence of the work made by Pedro Caixinha’s coach team, Club Santos Laguna was named “the 2014 BEST CLUB of all CONCACAF region”, by the IFFHS (International Federation of Football History and Statistics) on the “Club World Ranking 2014” annual report, published on January 13, 2015, where Club Santos Laguna is listed, for the first time ever, in the group of the best 100 clubs of the world, coming in the 58th position, of the Best Clubs of the World.

Following the amazing achievements of 2014 described above, Pedro Caixinha started 2015 doing a deep restructuring/renewal on the squad, where the most valuable, experimented and influential players of the team left the club, transforming the team to the youngest squad of the LigaMX (average 23,5 YO). Even so, he achieved sensationally the title of Champion of LigaMX (MEXICAN LEAGUE)!

With this title, Pedro Caixinha is the most victorious coach in the history of the club and the first European coach to win the LigaMX in the last 35 years!

Personally, he was awarded by the LigaMX (Mexican League) with the Trophy of the Best Coach in Mexico!

Immediately after that, in the beginning of Apertura 2015, Pedro Caixinha achieved another historical Trophy with Club Santos Laguna, the Campeón de Campeones 2015 (1st time ever in the history of the Club), beating America FC in the Final, and fixing 3 Stars with his name in Santos Laguna’s Stadium!

After this last achievement, Pedro Caixinha decided to leave the Club Santos Laguna, on August 15th, 2015…

Pedro Caixinha, is known for his strong and determined character, with great leadership and work spirit (as a team and for the team) where he shows his immense entrepreneurial capacity, putting in practice a modern and innovative training methodology, idealizing, using and taking advantage of new technologies that we currently have available and that are both pleasing to all athletes, motivating and strengthening the unity of the working group, thereby enhancing the final results to be achieved.

http://football.fmh.ulisboa.pt/speaker/pedro-caixinha/

Im hopeful he has good contacts in the cheaper markets we've been talking about for the last few months. Other than that it is pretty disapppointing, but you never know it might just be his time. Winning Mexican league with a young team is pretty impressive stuff.

5 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

I'm quite excited by the prospect of this appointment why the negativity ? So many untested managers have went on to big things exactly what we need imo 

An untested manager is just what we need? righto ... this is what happens on here, some people instead of just being honest and saying it's a fucking pish appointment if it happens start rationalising to themselves. He's not what we need. He would be the most baffling choice of manager ever especially for what we need. 

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

I'm quite excited by the prospect of this appointment why the negativity ? So many untested managers have went on to big things exactly what we need imo 

I don't think it's negativity, I just think what's wanted is quality and that will only come from experience. I don't think an untested manager is what's needed? I thought we were looking for an experienced permanent manager. To me that means, someone who has experience in European football and give us a fighting chance of getting in the finals. I can't see that in his cv. This is suppose to be a long term management position.

6 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

I just don't fancy him at all but then again I was quite excited with PLG & MW. So what do I know

Your honesty is refreshing, and probably mirrors the thoughts of many.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Going by the time he's spent at other clubs he won't be here long...

IMG_1749.PNG

Worryingly the DR pointed out this morning that on average  he spends just over 1 and a half years a clubs that was in the same article that his preferred formation is 4-4-2 

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I thought we were looking for an experienced permanent manager. To me that means, someone who has experience in European football and give us a fighting chance of getting in the finals. I can't see that in his cv. This is suppose to be a long term management position.

He's been the assistant at 3 different European clubs and the manager at 2 others.

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Then the board should get an interim manager in to see out the season. Then make a move for their long term manager in the summer.

Who as interim?

Its easier said than done. There is nobody willing to take the job for 11 games before being punted for someone else. Only people with an emotional attachment would do that and even McLeish wants longer than 11 games.