***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

A bit underwhelming. Didn't know he won every trophy in Mexico. An underestimated league IMO. 

He's nowhere near a household name and I'd have liked someone with a bit more pedigree but the reality is the manager needs to be backed considerably or he'll just fall off a cliff and were back to square one

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

For anyone who wants to know more about this guy:

http://football.fmh.ulisboa.pt/edition2016/speaker/pedro-caixinha/ 

Am starting to feel it for this guy tbh..

i see it like when ye first took a wee pill in the dancin ye know it might make ye pan out but why let that stop ye 

5 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

I just want to know what the boards big draw is for this guy?

They'll need to explain why he is their man because it is mystifying. 

Its not because of his record in Portugal, Mexico and Qatar. Its not because he is low budget. I honestly have no idea.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

I just want to know what the boards big draw is for this guy?

Only thing I can see is that he is a more modern coach who likes younger squads and plays a style of football we are trying to instill throughout the club.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

when you look at how young his squad was when they won the title in mexico it's actually a pretty impressive feat. He also seems to be a bit of a legend at that club.

Think it's just going to be a case of wait and see tbh. No one really knows what he's like. 

2 minutes ago, PRW. said:

They'll need to explain why he is their man because it is mystifying. 

Its not because of his record in Portugal, Mexico and Qatar. Its not because he is low budget. I honestly have no idea.

Perhaps he is rated, by the board or by the DOF. I admit I have no idea.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Think it's just going to be a case of wait and see tbh. No one really knows what he's like. 

Everyone who has worked with him seems to be sure that he is a good coach, I'm starting to come around to the idea of this guy tbh and I'm not sure why.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I am convinced this is ross Wilson's man

I certainly hope this is right rather than the other 3 deciding he is the man..Just how much Football knowledge does the Interview Committee have between them..??.. 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Everyone who has worked with him seems to be sure that he is a good coach, I'm starting to come around to the idea of this guy tbh and I'm not sure why.

I genuinely don't know what to make of it. There's hardly a stand out candidate on the list, they all have flaws. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

I am convinced this is ross Wilson's man

You may be correct. Someone in the thread mentioned he had been seen at the train station getting into a limousine. Maybe he's here as a interviewer and not an interviewee. 

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I certainly hope this is right rather than the other 3 deciding he is the man..Just how much Football knowledge does the Interview Committee have between them..??.. 

Valid question, and the answer is ,,,,,,,,

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

HOPE..LOYALTY..and AN OPTIMIST..:dance:..Just like me..Really want this guy to be amazingly successful and to be the answer to what we really should have done years ago..:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

You may be correct. Someone in the thread mentioned he had been seen at the train station getting into a limousine. Maybe he's here as a interviewer and not an interviewee. 

TBH thats the first sensible thing I've ever seen you post. Don't make a habit of it.

This guy has done nothing of note. He has had one decent season it seems and doesn't last long in any job. Oh, great.

And 4-4-2 doesn't matter. It isn't about formation, it is about how we play. 

Yes, we should back whoever gets the job but it feels like a few on here are trying a bit too hard to be positive about this potential appointment which makes me somewhat suspicious.

If we hire him then I hope he does well, but there is far more chance it'll end in tears. Mind you, how much had Brenda won before joining Ra Sellick?

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

This guy has done nothing of note. He has had one decent season it seems and doesn't last long in any job. Oh, great.

And 4-4-2 doesn't matter. It isn't about formation, it is about how we play. 

Yes, we should back whoever gets the job but it feels like a few on here are trying a bit too hard to be positive about this potential appointment which makes me somewhat suspicious.

If we hire him then I hope he does well, but there is far more chance it'll end in tears. Mind you, how much had Brenda won before joining Ra Sellick?

So you go from being suspicious, of what exactly? To trying to be positive in one one post.