***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Just now, BlueThunder said:

If we hire him then I hope he does well, but there is far more chance it'll end in tears. Mind you, how much had Brenda won before joining Ra Sellick?

He has done more than what Brenda had done before joining them and has actually won titles in a tough league. Brenda is only doing good at them because us and the rest of the league are terrible and they have much more spending money. 

4 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

This guy has done nothing of note. He has had one decent season it seems and doesn't last long in any job. Oh, great.

And 4-4-2 doesn't matter. It isn't about formation, it is about how we play. 

Yes, we should back whoever gets the job but it feels like a few on here are trying a bit too hard to be positive about this potential appointment which makes me somewhat suspicious.

If we hire him then I hope he does well, but there is far more chance it'll end in tears. Mind you, how much had Brenda won before joining Ra Sellick?

If he wins the league in that one season then that will do me :lol:

Guest Lloyd72
10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

HOPE..LOYALTY..and AN OPTIMIST..:dance:..Just like me..Really want this guy to be amazingly successful and to be the answer to what we really should have done years ago..:thumbsup:

I'll be excited and optimistic no matter who we get mate, I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :lol:

So of all the managers in the world the guy who was going to be our assistant two years ago also happens to be Ross Wilson's pick as head coach too? I'm not buying that theory for a minute tbh.

I don't think anywhere near as much work has gone into this as the board are making out. One look at the supposed list and it just feels lazy: a former manager, the best manager outwith celtic in Scotland, the most high profile available English manager that we can afford and a former managerial targets chosen assistant.

Contenders to replace Mark Warburton as Rangers manager

By Press Association

Rangers are close to completing their search for a new boss, with a decision on Mark Warburton’s replacement expected to be announced next week.

Here Press Association Sport takes a look at the leading candidates for the job:

PEDRO CAIXINHA

The 46-year-old Portuguese coach has emerged as the surprise frontrunner in the past few days. Linked with a switch to Ibrox back in 2015 – then as a number two to Vitor Pereira – he is now vying for the top job himself. Caixinha is currently managing Qatari outfit Al Gharafa having previously bossed Uniao Leiria in his homeland as well as Mexican side Santos Laguna, who he led to three trophies. He also served as an assistant manager in Portugal, Greece, Romania and Saudi Arabia having completed his coaching badges in Scotland.

ALEX McLEISH

The former Aberdeen defender is no stranger to the Ibrox faithful having already served a five-year stint as Gers boss. That spell following his appointment in 2001 saw him twice lead Gers to dramatic last-day title wins as well as two Scottish Cup triumphs and a hat-trick of League Cup success. He also became the first manager to lead a Scottish side to the last 16 of the Champions League with the Light Blues in 2006. Successful spells with Scotland and Birmingham followed but he has not quite managed to enjoy the same luck in his last four postings at Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, Belgian outfit Genk and Zamalek of Egypt.

GARY ROWETT

The 42-year-old is out of work after his surprise sacking by Birmingham just before Christmas. The former Derby defender was hoping to lead the St Andrew’s outfit to the Sky Bet Championship play-offs but was axed by the club’s Chinese owners Trillion Trophy Asia Limited when Blues were seventh in the table, with Gianfranco Zola taking his place. It was a harsh call, especially after Rowett – who has also managed Burton Albion – led the transformation of a team that was hurtling towards relegation when he first took over in October 2014. He may have little knowledge of the Scottish scene but Gers bosses are impressed with his ability to work with limited resources.

ALEX NEIL

The Norwich boss, 35, is another whose name has entered the fray over the past week. He emerged as a promising young coach when he took over at Hamilton in 2013, leading Accies to promotion to Scotland’s top flight a year later. His team’s impressive start to their Premiership campaign convinced Canaries chiefs to offer Neil a switch to Carrow Road in January 2015 and he swiftly repaid their faith by leading them to the Premier League with victory over Middlesbrough in the play-off final at Wembley. His side were relegated after just one season in England’s top division but he has not given up hope of returning to the promised land, with Norwich currently six points off a play-off spot.

GARRY MONK

The Leeds manager may take some convincing if he is the man Rangers want to lure to Ibrox. Having re-established his managerial career at Elland Road after being sacked by Swansea – the club he served for a decade as player and then captain – the 37-year-old will be reluctant to turn his back on the Yorkshire outfit, especially with them enjoying their best season in years. Leeds are on course for a play-off spot and have not written off hopes of automatic promotion back to the Premier League, despite trailing second-placed Brighton by 10 points.

DEREK McINNES

An obvious candidate given his success with Aberdeen and his history as a one-time Rangers midfielder but again the Ibrox side will not have it easy if they are to secure McInnes’ signature. Dons chairman Stewart Milne said on Thursday he would deny Rangers chiefs permission to speak to their boss if they came calling, and little wonder. The 45-year-old has re-established the Pittodrie side as a major force in Scottish football and delivered the club its first trophy in 19 years with their 2014 League Cup victory.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

I wasn't being 'positive', I was comparing him against the man he would have to beat.

I disagree. You never mentioned anything about who he would have to beat. You were pointing out that Brenda's record was also poor yet he has been successful, thats being positive.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

I like him already, watched one of his press conferences and he wis shouting at journalists it was class

There was a video of him fighting another manager on the touchline too, he is very passionate obviously,

5 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

If he wins the league in that one season then that will do me :lol:

I don't think anyone would argue with that. But seriously, if we asked 100 folk on here a week ago who this guy was we'd probably have only one or two knowing who he was. Hardly the type of name we were looking for.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I don't think anyone would argue with that. But seriously, if we asked 100 folk on here a week ago who this guy was we'd probably have only one or two knowing who he was. Hardly the type of name we were looking for.

I know mate I am not impressed either but we just have to hope . 

35 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I'm hoping Wilson (if it's him) has had a say in this. He seems to know what he's talking about. 

I would be more confident about this appointment if Wilson has had a strong say in it, Southampton have one of the most advanced scouting systems in world football, not only on players but coaches & managers as well, they keep detailed records on something like over 100 coaches/managers which is constantly updated so that should they need a new manager they have their homework already done, look at how well their last 3 managers have done Pochettino/Koeman/Puel.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Un serio?

En ingles por favor.

I can't find any videos in english of him, that's what made me wonder if he actually can speak english.

1 minute ago, Bears&Reds said:

I would be more confident about this appointment if Wilson has had a strong say in it, Southampton have one of the most advanced scouting systems in world football, not only on players but coaches & managers as well, they keep detailed records on something like over 100 coaches/managers which is constantly updated so that should they need a new manager they have their homework already done, look at how well their last 3 managers have done Pochettino/Koeman/Puel.

That's what I'm hoping as well, I'd be amazed if he's not had some sort of input.