***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Just now, Amato said:

potential signing when Pedro joins us, out of contract in the summer according to this article:

Krisztian Nemeth

Hungarian Nemeth is another player to have previously featured in the United Kingdom having once been on the books at Liverpool and Blackpool.

He has also played around the globe similarly to Weiss and even featured for his country in last summer’s Euro 2016 campaign.

Rangers are currently lacking goals in their 11 and Nemeth, who’s contract is set to run out in the summer could be viewed as a cheap answer for Caixinha.

Ex Liverpool player..

i'm away to my fucking kip

The Portuguese coach has made a major impression in his first full year as Santos Laguna manager, and appears destined for big things in his career. 

When Portugal’s Pedro Caixinha landed the job as Santos Laguna manager in November 2012, it came via the recommendation of none other than current Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho.

High praise, indeed.

Even so, a little-known European coach crossing the Atlantic to take over Santos Laguna was a radical gamble by both parties. The club could’ve simply dipped into the stock stable of Liga MX managers, while Caixinha could have continued making a name for himself in Portugal.

The decision raised eyebrows in the Mexican press about whether the young Portuguese coach could adapt to the intricacies of the Mexican game, with its split season, playoff system and unconventional practices such as the so-called “Gentlemen’s Pact.”

But the ambitious, well-spoken 42-year-old Portuguese manager has responded to his initial doubters in some style as he comes up to a complete year in charge of the club.

Los Guerreros reached the semifinal of the Clausura and the final of the CONCACAF Champions League in his first season in charge, and this time around Santos are second in the Liga MX and have only lost once in 13 games, leading to a quiet confidence from Caixinha that things are coming together at the right time as the business end of the Apertura approaches.  

“The way we are reaching the last part of the tournament compared to the last one, I think we are better,” Caixinha told Goal recently, in fluent English. “We have to get to the playoffs with lots of confidence, quality of play and ambition. At this moment, the team is bringing all of these points together, so it’s a good situation.”

Caixinha says he was initially surprised by the quality and organization of the Mexican league and says one of the keys to his early success was forging an identity – it is a phrase he uses over and over – for his Santos Laguna side. A crucial component in that has been allowing room to maneuver and being flexible to his new and different working environment. 

“It’s almost like creating a balance between your ideas on the way you want the team to play and the reality the club presents to you,” he said on the phone from Torreon. “Between those two points you work on a daily basis, but the players make the difference.”

Part of Caixinha and the Santos Laguna hierarchy’s identity and plan for the club is to promote youth, by giving the Under-20 and Under-17 players regular opportunities to train with the first team and implementing the tactical layout of the first team all the way down through the different youth sides.

The idea is that one day Santos Laguna can become a major exporter of young Mexican talent to Europe.

One early example of Caixinha’s willingness to turn to youth - “If they have the quality there is no problem playing them,” he says - is 20-year-old left-winger Alonso Escoboza, who the Portuguese coach has started regularly this season and who has just been called up to the Mexico squad for the first time.

Before coming to Mexico, Caixinha – a Portuguese-style bullfighter or forcado as a youth - managed Portuguese first division side Nacional, but he has previously worked in Greece, Romania and Saudia Arabia, as well as having stints observing training at clubs like Manchester United and Real Madrid.

Caixinha’s list of sports and soccer-related study indicate a shrewd and knowledgeable mind is at work as he continues what is still a fledgling coaching career.

It also doesn’t do any harm to have Mourinho as a valuable ally.

“I haven’t seen him for a long time, but we keep in contact, discussing our ideas about everything that surrounds the game – training sessions, match preparation, training control – I mean everything,” stressed Caixinha. “It’s good to have a friend like him because you know you can discuss your ideas, your opinions and (see) whether you are on the same wavelength with one of the top coaches in the world, ever.”

Choosing to come to Santos Laguna is a career decision Caixinha is clearly still enthralled by, explaining that he feels he is in “the right place at the right time,” but his long-term ambition is to return triumphantly to Europe and win titles.

“Football is for the moment and at the moment I want to win with Santos,” said the Portuguese coach. “Of course, I would like to return to Europe one day with a top level club and try to work and win many titles: Champions League, Europa League, the major leagues that you have in Europe.”

It’s a statement that would seem wildly unrealistic coming out of the mouth of most current Liga MX managers, but somehow doesn’t from Caixinha. That’s testament to his fine start and burgeoning reputation in Mexico.

33 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Far to much chatter about this guy 

looks like it is a done deal 

Wilson - DOF 

Caixinha - Manager

thoughts? 

I would hope there's a position for John Park.  He knows Scottish football, he has a proven record, he wants to be involved with Rangers, we need to build a whole new team.  Identification of talent, especially from abroad, will help out our new manager tremendously.

I imagine he is the best candidate to the board because he fits with our style and ethos that we are trying to implement from the 1st team down.

Seems that everyone that has an opinion on him is a good one. Maybe the best thing for him is that he is a coach that focuses on coaching and picking the team and can let go of everything else under a DOF. Hopefully things will click here for him. He certainly seems to have the mentality to tackle Scottish football but also be able to adapt. 

9 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I would hope there's a position for John Park.  He knows Scottish football, he has a proven record, he wants to be involved with Rangers, we need to build a whole new team.  Identification of talent, especially from abroad, will help out our new manager tremendously.

Would take park no problem as a scout ??

Do you see room for someone like Barry Ferguson on the coaching staff for a bit of continuity? 

50 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Obviously he has bags of courage or a nut case, a brave man that wants a shot at the mutants with our squad.

I read it as he wants a crack at them himself just with his bull fighting gear, I sat let him lol