***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

13 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

An unproven manager from a poor league who was originally going to be the assistant to another manager

maxresdefault.jpg

imagine anyone from Scotland try to call another league poor hahahaha. Would be like getting lectured off the usa about obesity

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Sergio done a good job at Hearts.

He was just a bit of a fruit-loop, only hangs about clubs for a year or two then fucks off

He was in charge when they beat Hibs 5-1 IIRC? 

Going from what I can find on him, if he comes here, he'll be a dream for the press as he's a bit of a character. Apparently he shows his passion on the sideline and is attack-minded..

I'm not feeling it with him, if he comes then he'll have my support obviously and I hope he proves me wrong.

MEXICAN STAND-OFF 

Fiery Rangers target Pedro Caixinha was fined FOUR times in Mexico for furious bust-ups

The Portuguese manager's club Santos Laguna even had to apologise to rivals after one of his rows

FIREBRAND Rangers target Pedro Caixinha would bring some fighting spirit to Ibrox if he gets the job… he was was involved in FOUR major managerial altercations in Mexico.

And he once had to be dragged away from attempting to fight current Everton ace Enner Valencia.

GETTY IMAGES

Pedro Caixinha was known for his fiery temperament in Mexico

The Ibrox side appear to be closing in on the Al-Gharafa boss, ahead of next week’s Old Firm showdown with Celtic.

Caixinha spent three years in Mexican football with Santos Laguna and helped Celtic’s feeder club to three trophies.

But the fiery coach was no stranger to controversy after becoming embroiled in very public spats with three different managers as well as Valencia, who is on loan at Goodison Park from West Ham.

And he was fined on each occasion by the unimpressed Mexican FA.

Topping Caixinha’s charge sheet was a spectacular brawl with Everton ace Valencia, when he was playing for Mexican side Pachuca three years ago.

Tunnel TV cameras caught the Ecuadorian forward shove Caixinha after a verbal altercation. The Santos boss attempted to fight back, but was prevented by the intervention of security staff amid chaos. Both of them were later fined.

Caixinha was also caught on camera brawling with Argentinian manager Antonio Mohamed of Club America.

After a defeat, Caixinha screamed at Mohamed: “You’re going to regret it, this is not over, we’ll see you at our place.”

Later, Mohamed explained he would refuse to shake hands with Caixinha when their teams met next.

He explained: “I don’t welcome people who have a clear lack of respect for their opponents.

“I have been in Mexico for 21 years and I have never seen behaviour like his.”

The Santos Laguna board later issued an apology to Mohamed for the behaviour of Caixinha.

Next up for Caixinha was a two-match ban and a fine after an argument with America assistant manager Santiago Banos, which carried on from the pitch side to the tunnel before they were separated.

And Caixinha went out of Central America with a bang after becoming involved in a memorable spat with former Mexico manager Miguel Herrera, who was manager of Tijuana.

The Rangers target was annoyed because Herrera refused to shake his hand after a defeat and chased up the tunnel after the man who was in charge of Mexico in the 2014 World Cup Finals.

Staff of both teams had to step in before the pair came to blows and it again led to disciplinary action from the Mexican FA.

36 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Portuguese newspaper A Bola

By Nuno Vieira

The Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha (46) is one of the main candidates to take over the technical command of Rangers, a Scottish club that in recent days dismissed Mark Warburton. Currently in Al-Gharafa, Qatar, where he has done meritorious work, the natural technician of Beja is, according to the British specialized press, in the short-list of three elements that are outlined as the great hypotheses for the position, along with Alex Neil (Norwich) and Alex McLeish (no club). The bookmakers also point to the name of Markus Babbel (Lucerne) as a possibility, leaving behind names like Frank de Boer or Alan Pardew. 

After being reborn from the ashes, the Rangers reared back and returned to the main league of Scotland this season, currently occupying the third place in the championship. However, The club has higher goals for the next season, seeing in Pedro Caixinha conditions to lead the team to success. The Portuguese coach has, in fact, carried out his course in Scotland, a country where he enjoys a good reputation, due to the very high ratings he has achieved. 

After leaving Portugal, where he worked in Leiria and Nacional, he took over Santos Laguna and led the club to an unexpected Mexican title, as well as securing other relevant trophies in the country. About a year and a half ago, Caixinha moved to Qatar's Al-Gharafa, where he has also achieved great results, as in the last weekend, when he surprised the champion Al-Rayyan, winning by 2-1. 

In addition to the Rangers, Pedro Caixinha has been pointed to several elite clubs in Mexico and also to top badges in the Arab market, but according to BOLA he has not closed the door to a proposal to fight for titles in Europe. And this one is very tempting.

Is Meritorious good or bad ????!!!!

3 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

MEXICAN STAND-OFF 

Fiery Rangers target Pedro Caixinha was fined FOUR times in Mexico for furious bust-ups

The Portuguese manager's club Santos Laguna even had to apologise to rivals after one of his rows

FIREBRAND Rangers target Pedro Caixinha would bring some fighting spirit to Ibrox if he gets the job… he was was involved in FOUR major managerial altercations in Mexico.

And he once had to be dragged away from attempting to fight current Everton ace Enner Valencia.

GETTY IMAGES

The Ibrox side appear to be closing in on the Al-Gharafa boss, ahead of next week’s Old Firm showdown with Celtic.

Caixinha spent three years in Mexican football with Santos Laguna and helped Celtic’s feeder club to three trophies.

But the fiery coach was no stranger to controversy after becoming embroiled in very public spats with three different managers as well as Valencia, who is on loan at Goodison Park from West Ham.

Topping Caixinha’s charge sheet was a spectacular brawl with Everton ace Valencia, when he was playing for Mexican side Pachuca three years ago.

Tunnel TV cameras caught the Ecuadorian forward shove Caixinha after a verbal altercation. The Santos boss attempted to fight back, but was prevented by the intervention of security staff amid chaos. Both of them were later fined.

Caixinha was also caught on camera brawling with Argentinian manager Antonio Mohamed of Club America.

After a defeat, Caixinha screamed at Mohamed: “You’re going to regret it, this is not over, we’ll see you at our place.”

Later, Mohamed explained he would refuse to shake hands with Caixinha when their teams met next.

He explained: “I don’t welcome people who have a clear lack of respect for their opponents.

The Santos Laguna board later issued an apology to Mohamed for the behaviour of Caixinha.

Next up for Caixinha was a two-match ban and a fine after an argument with America assistant manager Santiago Banos, which carried on from the pitch side to the tunnel before they were separated.

And Caixinha went out of Central America with a bang after becoming involved in a memorable spat with former Mexico manager Miguel Herrera, who was manager of Tijuana.

The Rangers target was annoyed because Herrera refused to shake his hand after a defeat and chased up the tunnel after the man who was in charge of Mexico in the 2014 World Cup Finals.

Staff of both teams had to step in before the pair came to blows and it again led to disciplinary action from the Mexican FA.

Sounds like just what we need, hopefully some of the pansies in our squad can man up as well!

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Is Meritorious good or bad ????!!!!

Translation doesn't flow on that article but that's how google did it.

meritorious
ˌmɛrɪˈtɔːrɪəs/Submit
adjective
deserving reward or praise.
"a medal for meritorious conduct"
synonyms:    praiseworthy, laudable, commendable, admirable, estimable, creditable, worthy, worthwhile, deserving, excellent, exemplary, good
"the captain was awarded a medal for meritorious conduct"

Found this one from 2011. He's good mates with Mourinho, no doubt we'll be getting every Man Utd youth player on loan then..

HE walked through the door of the SFA offering a letter of introduction from Jose Mourinho - now Pedro Caixinha wants to follow the Special One's path to the top.

Portugal's newest managerial sensation is already on the first rung of the ladder, bossing unfashionable Uniao de Leiria into the top four of the Liga Sagres. And he insists Scotland is where Mourinho has told him the climb needs to start.

Caixinha was in Glasgow last week, setting out on the first module of his UEFA Pro Licence alongside the likes of Davie Weir, Alan Stubbs, David Unsworth and Graham Alexander. He then drove south for a gold-dust Q&A with Sir Alex Ferguson.

That's the kind of knowledge he came here to acquire - and why the comparison with the Real Madrid manager, who started his rise as a boss at exactly the same club nine years ago, is an easy one to make.

Caixinha said: "I'm not the first Portuguese coach to come here. Andre Villas Boas did the course too - and look at how he is doing with Porto now. However, it's because of Mourinho that I'm here.

"He was the one who advised me to come, he was the guy who wrote a recommendation letter to get me on the course.

"Leiria was his first big job in Portugal before he went to Porto, Chelsea, Inter and then Real Madrid. It would be nice to follow him all the way up the ladder.

"He has set the standard - and not just for us Portuguese managers. He's one of the best of all time. People back home have asked: 'Why Scotland?' but the reason is simple. "I want to learn. I want to know more and more about the game.

"I came here to do my A Licence and learned so much. I liked the way the people received me and I saw football differently.

"Especially in the way the Scottish coaches prepared the training sessions.

"I know it's seen as being different, especially on the management side, but that's why I wanted to come.

"I got the chance to ask questions to Sir Alex Ferguson - when else would I get the opportunity to do that?

"We get the chance to meet and share knowledge with top-level coaches - that's why we're all here."

The likeness to Mourinho doesn't begin and end with the link to Leiria, although there's a twinkle in Caixinha's eye at the thought of taking his side further up the league than their best-ever fifth place under Jose in 2002.

Riding high, the minnows are chasing a European spot for only the third time in their history.

Beyond that, though, the rise to the top of Mourinho and Caixinha has followed a remarkably similar path. Neither a top player but both men of the world as assistants long before they got their break in management.

And the well-travelled Leiria gaffer insists their background as football scholars rather than players is proving to be a trend well worth following.

Caixinha revealed: "I met Jose through friends, mainly through my previous manager Jose Peseiro because they studied together at university. Mourinho was at Porto when I worked under Peseiro at Sporting Lisbon.

"I started with Sporting as assistant to Peseiro back in 2004.

"After there we went to Saudi Arabia with Al Hilal, then to Greece with Panathinaikos and Romania with Rapid Bucharest.

"We went back to Saudi Arabia to take charge of their national team but after that I quit and came to Leiria.

"It's my first job in management and I'm pleased with how we're doing. We have a fantastic squad and it has been an amazing experience so far.

"But I can do it because I've seen the world and experienced different football cultures.

"I only played until I was 23. After that I went to university, graduated in sports sciences and did my masters in football.

"Then I started my PhD in football but I haven't managed to finish yet.

"I'm a coaches coach, not a player who has come through. In Portugal we call ourselves academic coaches.

"The experience I have around the world works. Mourinho did exactly the same as me. Not a top player but a guy who went to university and became a top coach. There must be something right about this way, no?"

3 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Sounds like just what we need, hopefully some of the pansies in our squad can man up as well!

I'm liking the part about having no respect for his opponents it's about time we started paying the reptiles in Scottish football the same respect they show us 

12 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If Caixinha does get the job can we please not make up some shitty cringeworthy song, at least until the guy proves himself so that we don't look like bread loaf waving idiots 18 months down the line.

It's what we do though, mate.

Did you hear we've got Joey Garner too?

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Translation doesn't flow on that article but that's how google did it.

meritorious
ˌmɛrɪˈtɔːrɪəs/Submit
adjective
deserving reward or praise.
"a medal for meritorious conduct"
synonyms:    praiseworthy, laudable, commendable, admirable, estimable, creditable, worthy, worthwhile, deserving, excellent, exemplary, good
"the captain was awarded a medal for meritorious conduct"

Excellent - 55 next season then !!!!

Has anybody else noticed how every time the Daily Record mention Santos Laguna they mention how they are 'celtic's feeder club' even though celtic have never signed or sent a player there in the six years they have had a 'partnership' for.

Any excuse for them to get a sly, sneaky dig in though....

17 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

MEXICAN STAND-OFF 

GETTY IMAGES

dont see Pedro trying to fight back but he certainly gets shoved and it's his players defending him, looks like the type of manager you don't want to be in his bad books.