***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

:rofl:

Scotland team, mate, not the administrators. Don't expect you to be able to tell the difference. 

Same people that banned Allan McGregor for playing domestically whilst on international duty a few year ago scum of the earth

Just now, K.A.I said:

and that makes him a good appointment? Jesus christ.

We don't need a manager who won't be worse - we need someone who will make us compete and be considerably better than anything we've had since Walter left. 

Never said it would make a good appointment.

I'd rather give the guy a chance than sit on here and moan about it which is going to achieve square root of fk all. People still in dream land about FDB, never going to happen.

All got our reservations, no one has heard of him but if he's the new manager of Rangers then we've got to get behind him.

Just now, DBBTB said:

He took Nacional to 7th, the season before that they finished 6th.

He took Lieria to 10th, the season before that they finished 9th.

:belm:

In the tough as nails Portuguese league!

Sorry but to me that's not anything to shout about when weighing up if he is the man to take the most important role in recent years at our club. 

He might well be what we are screaming out for but the above only adds more doubts than anything else to me.

1 minute ago, lazza1873 said:

Never said it would make a good appointment.

I'd rather give the guy a chance than sit on here and moan about it which is going to achieve square root of fk all. People still in dream land about FDB, never going to happen.

All got our reservations, no one has heard of him but if he's the new manager of Rangers then we've got to get behind him.

Why's De Boer's name getting mentioned? is there no happy medium? we can't get De Boer so we just get anyone ...doesn't matter if they're shit because we have to "get real" .. I've said the past few days fuck it just give me McInnes or Rowatt instead then.

I wouldn't be surprised if these arseholes never even made a move for De Boer in any shape. 

I think people need to realise it's pretty much guaranteed that the new appointment will be underwhelming and won't have a history of major success.

The same folk saying we don't have a pot to piss in are the same people saying that everyone we are linked to is shite.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

I think people need to realise it's pretty much guaranteed that the new appointment will be underwhelming and won't have a history of major success.

The same folk saying we don't have a pot to piss in are the same people saying that everyone we are linked to is shite.

Sure but I'd take a few of the names mentioned over Caixinha

Just now, KingKirk said:

fuck scotland......

Pedro good appointment or not?

Doesn't fill me with excitement, but if he comes in I'll give him a chance. Can't blame the guy for wanting a chance here, but if he turns out to be as ordinary as his record makes it look as if he might be, then the Board have had their last chance. It's their necks that are on the line with this appointment as much as anything else.

At very least he sounds like an impressive individual, having listened to him being interviewed, and some people seem to have some good things to say about him, I guess. But in terms of his footballing history, it looks like a big risk to me. 

He doesn't respect his opponents, 

he drops players who don't perform. 

Polar opposite of MW already. 

It really will be a shambles if we sign a manager before a DOF without their input. 

You could almost guarantee if Pedro comes in before a DOF the DOF will be McLeish and the board will say "we tried". 

I'll back the guy but me and the majority of the support don't have time for "gelling in, getting to know Scottish game, bedding new players in". It works and it works instantly and this is what the board have thought up? 

Bit of a headfuck tbh but if he gets an assistant in that knows Scotland it might be a bit of an advantage that he needs a strong spine of the team with some Mexican flair built around them. 

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Sure but I'd take a few of the names mentioned over Caixinha

That's fair enough.

But let's face it, every realistic name that we've been linked to has never pulled up any trees.

We have a very limited budget (putting it politely) and play in a piss poor league.

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

That's fair enough.

But let's face it, every realistic name that we've been linked to has never pulled up any trees.

We have a very limited budget (putting it politely) and play in a piss poor league.

Well Frank De Boer was the only real exciting name mentioned and I never had high hopes for that being realistic myself

This just seems like a bizarre experiment though, a guy who doesn't even have any real European management experience

Of the names who were supposedly on the final shortlist I would have gone for Gary Rowett.

I know people were somewhat wary of him because he's quite inexperienced like Warburton was but in terms of the way he sets his teams up I think he would have been far and away the best fit for what we need at the moment.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why's De Boer's name getting mentioned? is there no happy medium? we can't get De Boer so we just get anyone ...doesn't matter if they're shit because we have to "get real" .. I've said the past few days fuck it just give me McInnes or Rowatt instead then.

I wouldn't be surprised if these arseholes never even made a move for De Boer in any shape. 

Who's to say Caixinha isn't the happy medium? cause no one on here has heard of him? least he's won a couple things which McInnes can't say and as for Rowett his record is similar if not worse to Warburtons. That's not to say if Rowett got it he wouldn't do a better job, it's that we can pick faults in everyones CV.

It's all guess work really, we won't know until they come in and do the job.

Agree with your last point, wouldn't trust the board to come back with the correct change never mind go out and speak to someone like FDB.

People trying to justify it are coming across desperate as fuck. It's a nice thought that we could scour the globe and unearth the next big thing in world football who would lead us back to the glory days. Unfortunately that's just fantasy.

The reality of it is we're bringing an absolute nutjob with a mediocre(and that's me being kind) record who's spent his entire career managing without pressure. In the real world can someone try and tell me that's what we should be going for in these circumstances? The time for experimenting was last season which we did with Warburton, we did and it backfired horribly, I don't blame the board for that, it was a risk worth taking IMO. This one isn't. I's disgraceful in fact. Arguably the most appointment in our history and they're going with this guy. Based off what? He was going to be our assistant two years ago and gave a good interview? 

It's not acceptable however people try and dress it up.