***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

15 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

If he has to think about it , he obviously isn't that sold on the idea . 

It's a two-way street isn't it.   Rangers has to sell the job to the candidate, and the terms have to be acceptable to the candidate.   Nowadays its not just about this being Rangers and candidates fall into line with whatever is on offer.

The assumption that the Board has put a package on the table that is fully acceptable in all material respects is - imo - probably not likely.  There is a lot of baggage at Rangers to contend with.  For example the awkward and as yet unresolved removal of the Warburton, Weir and McP trio - and Barton - may understandably leave candidates wondering about the quality of Directors, Chairman and execs they'd be dealing with at Ibrox.    Who knows if the transfer budget will be realistic enough for a DOF to work with.  Presumably the candidates have asked for assurances.  If the assurances are not iron-clad then doubt may exist in the candidates' minds about whether they can do a proper job on a financial shoe-string.   The abject state - and lack of confidence - in the current squad may be a factor to mull over if the DOF is being told that a wholesale changeover is not affordable and its about making a lot of he existing players perform better.   

There may be a lot more factors in the package on offer, and the circumstances that once everything has been put on the table by Rangers, and once the candidate has had a chance to put his questions and receive answers, the right thing might well be to ask for time to weigh up the pros and cons.   Days are long, long past where the name and reputation of Rangers alone is all that is needed to sell the job to a candidate.  

lets be honest, at Southampton hes not under any real scrutiny. Why would anyone jump to a holed ship thats taking on water, especially when the gains are doing to be so limited. Whos impressed by achievements in a diddy league run by failed circus acts? 

1 minute ago, Frank Harrison said:

You can only justify him getting the job by saying he won't sign players from a certain league, says it all really.

I don't know much about the guy at all,but surely he would cast his net a bit wider than the previous management team. He apples to have experiences in different countries as well. I just want to see some steel and a bit more excitement back in the team. I do get that a lot of people want a tried and tested pair of hands 

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Its a coming together of most sources, which tends to mean they've got a hold of something, also the article on STV news, they dont tend to get too involved in baseless speculation, well not as much as gutter press.

Ta. ??

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

People are moaning about us getting Pedro. If its him,give the guy a chance. At least he won't be buying pish from league one or league two and hoping they turn into world beaters. (And every single one of us has bitched about MW's policy of doing that). If we aren't getting a pardew or de Boer then I will take this guy over McInnes or big eck. 

He could just bring lots of pish from South America instead. God rest his soul but Peralta wasn't a good player, Juarez wasn't a good player for them and he was one of his recommendations.

I just can't get my head around the logic with this guy in any way no matter who puts what case for him. 

So according to the rumours it seems as if we're going for a guy who hasn't got a winning pedigree which is just another fkn gamble by the board (if true). 

I will obviously give any man my backing but I will be very disappointed and if this person fails like his track record then the board can get to fuck.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I don't know much about the guy at all,but surely he would cast his net a bit wider than the previous management team. He apples to have experiences in different countries as well. I just want to see some steel and a bit more excitement back in the team. I do get that a lot of people want a tried and tested pair of hands 

Yeah that's fair enough

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He could just bring lots of pish from South America instead. God rest his soul but Peralta wasn't a good player, Juarez wasn't a good player for them and he was one of his recommendations.

I just can't get my head around the logic with this guy in any way no matter who puts what case for him. 

Sebo was also pish and probably worse than Garner 

If Ross Wilson is coming it makes an appointment of Pedro more acceptable. Southampton have dossiers on potential management targets and are thorough in their scrutiny of future managers. If Pedro is on their list then he just might be OK.  

Then again maybe neither of them will end up here  

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It seems like it's happening so the skeptics might as well get on board and get behind him.

He's mates with Jose Mourinho, maybe we'll get a couple of good young Man Utd players on loan.

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

It seems like it's happening so the skeptics might as well get on board and get behind him.

He's mates with Jose Mourinho, maybe we'll get a couple of good young Man Utd players on loan.

I said a few posts back if it's him then he deserves a chance from everyone including myself - but I won't stop speaking my mind and raising the concerns I've got about him. It's not even him - his record and career is what it is - it's the board AGAIN treating our fans like shite and contempt even considering this guy.

Walter Smith was mates with Alex Ferguson
McCoist was mates with everycunt in the football world.
McParland was meant to be the best in the business with the most contacts in the UK.

Doesn't mean shit. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I said a few posts back if it's him then he deserves a chance from everyone including myself - but I won't stop speaking my mind and raising the concerns I've got about him. It's not even him - his record and career is what it is - it's the board AGAIN treating our fans like shite and contempt even considering this guy.

Walter Smith was mates with Alex Ferguson
McCoist was mates with everycunt in the football world.
McParland was meant to be the best in the business with the most contacts in the UK.

Doesn't mean shit. 

It's difficult to judge his record. There's the cup and league wins with Santos Laguna. The other teams he's managed I have no idea what their expectations would have been. They could be the equivalent of those country's Kilmarnock for all I know i.e. even Mourinho wouldn't have them challenging for titles.

I get why people are worried, I'm an optimist though

I hope we are not naming the Manager on the recommendation from a Dof who clearly hasn't made his own mind up, I always think players and managers use this tactic as Wilson may be doing to get a better contract at his current club or even put himself in the shop window.

Rangers target Ross Wilson to make Ibrox club wait as he ponders director of football position

BYRECORD SPORT ONLINE
Southampton talent spotter Wilson has been locked in talks with Rangers and has now asked for more time to consider the offer.

Ross Wilson will make Rangers wait for an answer after being locked in talks over a director of football role at Ibrox.

Record Sport revealed earlier that Rangers were closing in on Southampton’s head of recruitment over the newly-created Ibrox position.

The Light Blues have identified Saints' chief talent spotter - who started his career as a player liaison officer with Falkirk before roles at Watford and Huddersfield - as the man they want to head up their new management structure.

While, there is no certainty Wilson will be willing to give up his position at St Mary’s Gers chiefs are hopeful that the 34-year-old will give them the nod sometime over the next 48 hours after he asked for more time to consider the offer.

Rangers are also close to naming a successor to former manager Mark Warburton, with Pedro Caixinha now the firm favourite.

Managing director Stewart Robertson, head of football administration Andrew Dickson and director Graeme Park met with the Portuguese coach - currently in charge of Qatari outfit Al-Gharafa - in London last week.

And he has now jumped ahead of rival contenders Alex McLeish and Gary Rowett for the vacant position.

Chairman Dave King hopes to have talks concluded on both roles early next week, with Caixinha eager to be in position in time to face Celtic at Parkhead a week on Sunday.

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-target-ross-wilson-make-9957082