***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Do we have a plan b would look silly appointing a manager without a dof

We interviewed the Tottenham DoF I'm sure. Paul Mitchell? We'll more than likely move onto him now.

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-truth-caixinha-rangers-talks-rubbished-qatari-club-manager-denies-talks/

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

Well Sweerheart, that's just spoilt my weekend- I was just beginning to get my head around a Bull Fighting guy call Pedro becoming our Manager... 

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-truth-caixinha-rangers-talks-rubbished-qatari-club-manager-denies-talks/

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

If they dont want to release him, then they can just deny him leaving the country. I think your employer keeps your passport when you work over there? There was a story about a french footballer who was stranded in Qatar after a dispute with his club.. they just kept his passport. Maybe someone can confirm this?

Just now, Beaujolais said:

Well Sweerheart, that's just spoilt my weekend- I was just beginning to get my head around a Bull Fighting guy call Pedro becoming our Manager... 

Makes me think how many of the other candidates have really been approach or are we to get more of these statements. I just wish they'd get someone in so we can try and salvage something from this season.

3 minutes ago, MarvinAndrews said:

Anyone know if DK is directly involved in these appointments? I mean actually here and involved in the decisions? All I've been hearing about is the 3 man interview panel. 

Nupe he's not.

He's put his complete faith in Stewart Robertson to run this and everything else to do with the club. 

Good news the comments from Pedro's club. Hope there's more truth to that than the media reporting that he's the fav. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nupe he's not.

He's put his complete faith in Stewart Robertson to run this and everything else to do with the club. 

Good news the comments from Pedro's club. Hope there's more truth to that than the media reporting that he's the fav. 

Wonder if he's got the final say on everything. Would be weird to appoint 2 such important positions without ever speaking to the guys. 

Caixinha has won league titles and cups, has been involved in a Champions League final and a UEFA Cup final, has coached at international level and also plied his trade in Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Greece, Romania, Qatar and Mexico.

Now, he may or may not be the answer... But on the face of it, he certainly looks a helluva lot more qualified for Rangers than some glorified financial desk-monkey who saw the inside of a Square Mile office for most of his puff before mooching around Brentford for a couple of years.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We're an absolute fucking shambles.

I'm losing patience with the Board as much as the next Bear but the club have confirmed nothing, which means all the names being banded about are pure media speculation. Until we know any better they will remain speculation. We don't actually know whether the Portugeezer or Wilson have been offered the jobs. 

I'm well aware there's often no smoke without fire but I don't see the point in getting wound up about something that may, or may not, have happened. 

36 minutes ago, Boaby Bear said:

I see the daily bullshit has already printed a negative story about Pedro, saying he was trying to fight enner valencia in the tunnel 3 year ago, fhucking schum rhun chunts.

No more catholics in the scottish media please. 

there'll be no more kafflicks, no more kafflicks, no more kafflicks leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeft.

12 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I'm losing patience with the Board as much as the next Bear but the club have confirmed nothing, which means all the names being banded about are pure media speculation. Until we know any better they will remain speculation. We don't actually know whether the Portugeezer or Wilson have been offered the jobs. 

I'm well aware there's often no smoke without fire but I don't see the point in getting wound up about something that may, or may not, have happened. 

What did SR say about it in the match day programme pg 95 of this thread, I can't make out the writing. Were names mentioned?

I'm with most fellow fans in the belief this board are useless however why are people throwing tantrums and making out we're a shambles every time a media touted target turns out to be nonsensical bullshit? The board are a shambles for taking this long to get someone in but it's the media that keep throwing random names about.