***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

To give clarity on this.

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-truth-caixinha-rangers-talks-rubbished-qatari-club-manager-denies-talks/

The only way it merits a statement from us is if for example Robertson came out in the press previously and said we are close to appointing him or talks are underway or something. 

He's not said that. All the debate on this Pedro guy becoming manager is from media reporting, not from anything that's came from the club in an official sense?

For what it's worth I think this Pedro guy is going to be our new manager. There's too much momentum in the media now for it not to be but Rangers don't need to comment on that statement at all. 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

They should give us an update it's been 4 weeks near enough. Denial Statements from other other clubs just make our board look clueless.

No. Denial statements like this make the media look clueless.

Who exactly from Rangers has said this guy is our target for manager?

1 minute ago, TheCutch said:

No. Denial statements like this make the media look clueless.

Who exactly from Rangers has said this guy is our target for manager?

Where did the media get there story, who is the source? and that will be the answer.

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

As much as they're a bunch of chocolate tea pots. I'll be damned if they have to make constant statements to calm guillable fans who hit panic stations every time a "target" denies media speculation. 

We all want answers and transparency but you're right - they can't possibly release a statement on every bit of media speculation.

I'd like to see more statements but on calculated, top, thought-out, justified targets - which we don't do either but releasing statements galore because of someone denying something in the press would devalue any proper statements we do make, 

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

Where did the media get there story, who is the source? and that will be the answer.

When did the press ever need a source when discussing Rangers? They make it up as they go and if it is something the club challenge we get a one line retraction hidden in the midst of all other news. They're fabricating the list of candidates cause they know nothing but still need to sell papers and get hits online.

19 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Why would we issue a statement? Why is everyone so desperate for us to make statements all the time? 

There's absolutely no need for us to comment publicly right now.

We need a statement to clear up that there isn't a need to make a statement all the time, so we know not to expect a statement.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We all want answers and transparency but you're right - they can't possibly release a statement on every bit of media speculation.

I'd like to see more statements but on calculated, top, thought-out, justified targets - which we don't do either but releasing statements galore because of someone denying something in the press would devalue any proper statements we do make, 

Indeed. Transparency was the word they frequently used they took over but that's never really happened. I'd like to see them be a lot more open with us. However not in the sense they should deny anyone we're linked with. I actually think having lot's of names thrown about is useful. As a prospective manager going in for talks you'd have it in your head that there's a tonne of competition for the job which can only be a good thing for us.

31 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

To give clarity on this.

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

http://sportwitness.co.uk/no-truth-caixinha-rangers-talks-rubbished-qatari-club-manager-denies-talks/

You dont have a clue about football ffs we would be breaking every rule in the fuckin game if we spoke to a manager at another club without permission... OF course we aint spoke to this chap directly ffs

12 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

You dont have a clue about football ffs we would be breaking every rule in the fuckin game if we spoke to a manager at another club without permission... OF course we aint spoke to this chap directly ffs

I know that, So why are we getting headlines like this....

Pedro Caixinha in secret Rangers talks for over a week as Portuguese coach impresses Ibrox chiefs

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/pedro-caixinha-secret-rangers-talks-9943821

Someone must have told the press that they were in secret talks!  

Pedro's club then release this...

Press are making it look as though we've be talking to him behind Al-Gharafa's back. That's why I think we need a statement to clarify that is not so.

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I know that, So why are we getting headlines like this....

Someone must have told the press that they were in secret talks!  

Pedro's club then release this...

Press are making it look as though we've be talking to him behind Al-Gharafa's back. That's why I think we need a statement to clarify that is not so.

You'd need to ask the headline writers ffs how any cunt on hear meant to answer that...........