***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, esquire8 said:

Levy should sack himsel then! ? Could tell that Janssen wouldn't fit at Spurs a mile away. A good lower table player if you play him week in week out. No use as a back up.

WHo was it signed Soldado was that Levy too? He should leave the football stuff to football people and stop trying to be a scout ffs.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Big Al II said:

2 + 2 = 5 again. Did we even interview Phil?

Aye, he was mentioned to have been interviewed same as Webber at Huddersfield and Wilson from Southampton.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I like this new vetting policy, McParland looks like a smug wee nugget and we know how he turned out 

O'halloran strikes me as smug too, maybe it's a common trait in taigs.

Former Birmingham City manager Gary Rowett has confirmed that he held talks with Rangers as the Ibrox club search for a new team boss.

Al-Gharafa coach Pedro Caixinha is being tipped as Rangers' first choice.

But Rowett told BBC Sport: "It is public that I met Rangers. Again, it is a compliment clubs like that are willing to meet me.

"It doesn't mean to say they want me to be their manager. I just had a conversation with the club."

Rowett, who was sacked by Birmingham in December, revealed that Rangers are not the only club with whom he has spoken.

"It is like anything, especially being an out of work manager, people say 'would you like to meet?'," said the 42-year-old, who started his managerial career with Burton Albion.

"It was important for me to go and meet them and share my vision and my philosophy.

"I have done that with a few clubs who are looking for their next manager."

Rowett said he would not be fazed about the size of Rangers, who sit third in the Scottish Premiership after parting acrimoniously with his fellow Englishman, Mark Warburton, last month.

"That is what you are in football for," he said. "The bigger the pressure, the bigger the club, the bigger the games, the bigger the competition.

"You want to work at the highest level at any club and you want the biggest club possible."

Rowett, a former Birmingham defender, took charge of the Blues in October 2014 with his Burton side challenging at the top of England's League Two after a two-year spell with the Brewers.

He led Birmingham clear of relegation trouble in his first season but was sacked with his side sitting seventh in the Championship during the current campaign.

"Whatever decision any of these clubs make, not just Rangers, that is their prerogative," added the former Cambridge United, Everton, Blackpool, Derby County, Birmingham City, Leicester City, Charlton Athletic and Burton defender.

"Certainly, I have had some good conversations with some good clubs.

"It is nice for me to know my reputation in the game is still fairly strong.

"I want to work. I think I have been pretty successful.

"I think I have improved as a manager and have shown I can add really good value to any club at any level."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39184702

9 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I wish they would get on with it so I can go back to only checking my phone every 5 minutes.

What is there to get on with, lets face it there's only so much getting laughed at when you tell them the wages and future investment, no wonder King didn't get involved, he is too cute to make an arse of himself. I reckon they have arrived at the och well a suppose we will have to make do with Derek McInnes moment and are busy making up the PR blurb to tell us after due diligence and much contemplating he was their first choice for the job. 

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

What is there to get on with, lets face it there's only so much getting laughed at when you tell them the wages and future investment, no wonder King didn't get involved, he is too cute to make an arse of himself. I reckon they have arrived at the och well a suppose we will have to make do with Derek McInnes moment and are busy making up the PR blurb to tell us after due diligence and much contemplating he was their first choice for the job. 

Behave...just waiting on FDB confirming who he wants as his DOF.

Pedro and Mitchell seem to be it then. 

They'll get backed to the hilt by the fans. They need backed by the board to have a chance of success. 

Can't wait for pedro to run the length of their tinpot main stand and slide right infront of us once Clint Hills bagged the winner on Sunday. 

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Paulo Bento (ex Sporting & Portugal gaffer) just got punted from Olympiakos when theyre 7 points clear. :lol: Get um in

He doesn't know what our club or scottish football is like though, no from me.