***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

20 minutes ago, piperpete said:

Your a smooth talking auld stud when your talking to the girls.:tongue:

:lol:

I try and be polite to most posters Pete and that includes the girls, but I am very lucky to be married to a wonderful lady so no ulterior motive on my part. :tut:  :thumbsup: 

EDIT: I was probably not very polite to GEC in the thread he started about the game on Sunday. :happy:

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

:lol:

I try and be polite to most posters Pete and that includes the girls, but I am very lucky to be married to a wonderful lady so no ulterior motive on my part. :tut:  :thumbsup: 

Your PMd me mate says yer no getting yer hole crawling bastard 

Guest Lloyd72

Rangers seal Pedro Caixinha deal: Portuguese boss set to complete move in time for Celtic

Talks have advanced with the Portuguese coach and the club is confident a compensation deal can be done with his Qatari club Al-Gharafa, where he still has four months of his contract to run.

The deal is likely to be quickly ratified by the Rangers board to see Caixinha step in before the weekend visit to Celtic.

Caixinha emerged as the Ibrox board’s top target to replace Mark Warburton after he was interviewed by a three-man Ibrox delegation in London.

There were claims that there could be late opposition from some directors to the move, but the backing for Caixinha was described as “unanimous” last night.

Weekend reports had appeared to suggest that support was growing within the Ibrox boardroom for an approach to Aberdeen for their manager Derek McInnes, after former Gers boss Walter Smith stated he would back his appointment.

However, the deal for Caixinha has now been rubberstamped.

The 46-year-old has managed in Mexico with Santos Laguna, and at Nacional and Uniao Leiria in his native Portugal. 

He has limited knowledge of the Scottish game, although he completed his coaching badges under the SFA scheme. 

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Rangers seal Pedro Caixinha deal: Portuguese boss set to complete move in time for Celtic

Talks have advanced with the Portuguese coach and the club is confident a compensation deal can be done with his Qatari club Al-Gharafa, where he still has four months of his contract to run.

The deal is likely to be quickly ratified by the Rangers board to see Caixinha step in before the weekend visit to Celtic.

Caixinha emerged as the Ibrox board’s top target to replace Mark Warburton after he was interviewed by a three-man Ibrox delegation in London.

There were claims that there could be late opposition from some directors to the move, but the backing for Caixinha was described as “unanimous” last night.

Weekend reports had appeared to suggest that support was growing within the Ibrox boardroom for an approach to Aberdeen for their manager Derek McInnes, after former Gers boss Walter Smith stated he would back his appointment.

However, the deal for Caixinha has now been rubberstamped.

The 46-year-old has managed in Mexico with Santos Laguna, and at Nacional and Uniao Leiria in his native Portugal. 

He has limited knowledge of the Scottish game, although he completed his coaching badges under the SFA scheme. 

Yaaas

I'm optimistic about him. Seems to have a decent character. His managerial CV might leave a lot to be desired but let's be honest. This is Scotland. You don't have to have an overly complex footballing philosophy to get results here.  

EXCLUSIVE: Pedro Caixinha to be confirmed as new Rangers boss By Scott Burns 

PEDRO CAIXINHA is expected be the new Rangers manager in the next 48 hours. 

Talks are at an advanced stage with the Portuguese coach and the Ibrox side are confident compensation can also be agreed with his club Al Gharafa in Qatar.

The deal will be quickly ratified by the Rangers PLC board to ensure Caixinha steps in before Sunday’s Old Firm clash at Celtic Park.

Caixinha became the top target to replace Mark Warburton after club directors conducted a rigorous interview process.

It had been claimed over the weekend that there was opposition from some members of the board to the move.

But the backing for Caixinha was described as unanimous by club sources last night.

The 46-year-old has managed in Mexico with Santos Laguna, and his native Portugal with Nacional and Uniao Leiria.

He has limited knowledge of the Scottish game although he earned his coaching badges via the SFA course in Largs.

It remains to be seen if Caixinha will take charge for the derby with Celtic or he leaves it to caretaker Graeme Murty until he finds his feet.

There had been reports that Southampton’s youth boss Ross Wilson had knocked back the director of football role, but Rangers are believed to still be waiting for an answer from him.

If Wilson turns the Ibrox offer down, ex-Tottenham head of recruitment Paul Mitchell could be in line for the role.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/594218/Rangers-Pedro-Caixinha-new-boss