***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I've been thinking this  for a while. We've  been out of the game for years and Hertz we're out of it for a good couple so there was no other team to challenge and somebody's got to finish second. I don't think McInnes has done anything impressive, they've just been the least shit.

imo Mcinnes bottled a great chance last season to put serious pressure on a shit Celtic side who had a manager they weren't playing for anymore.

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

If he was in after the accies game on sunday then fair enough it gives a week to get ready for it and implement. but not a half way through the week. That's at least 2 training sessions unless he's ringed up in advance and said "murty get the boys to do this".

I hope they boys do do good by him and fucking hell it'd be amazing if it was his first game and he got the win but i'm not holding my breath sadly. 

I'm just excited to see how he sets the team up tbh. No idea what to expect but that's good imo because the scum will have even less of an idea what to expect.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Looking at a recent matches, it looks like he runs a 3-4-3. 

Last match on sky it said he played a 4231 and on Transfermarkt it said he plays a 442 double 6 set up. Who knows it is exciting to speculate though

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Last match on sky it said he played a 4231 and on Transfermarkt it said he plays a 442 double 6 set up. Who knows it is exciting to speculate though

I was going by eurosport. 

Either he mixes his formations up (which is a good sign i think) or he's indecisive :lol: 

11 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fucking retarded. 

Get a new manager in. First match? Old firm. At the peadodome. 

Just stick with murty who's having a decent time with it right now.

If we win they hey Murty goes out with a bang. If we lose then the new manager knows where to improve.

But instead the new manager is going to get criticism right away because he's taking a team that he's had no control over and he'll want to implement his style of play asap but won't be able to in time for the old firm and thus he'll get shade from a section of fans and from the media.

He's going to be thrown straight into a frying pan that's 1ft above molten lava.

How has Murty done a decent job?   We scraped a home win against Morton, lost to Dundee and bottom of the league ICT, then scraped a home win over St.Johnstone.  On Saturday we gave a dire Accies team a second half skelping but got lucky with our keeper not getting a red card at 0-0.  Garner could also have been sent off.  He has also recently been given advice from behind the scenes.  If the new manager comes in for Sunday's game then I will be happier with that scenario.   He will also have seen videos of our recent games.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

If he runs that with us, then we could be expecting a skelping every game.

Looks like being key, Lloyd said he runs other things too so I don't really know.

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

How has Murty done a decent job?   We scraped a home win against Morton, lost to Dundee and bottom of the league ICT, then scraped a home win over St.Johnstone.  On Saturday we gave a dire Accies team a second half skelping but got lucky with our keeper not getting a red card at 0-0.  Garner could also have been sent off.  He has also recently been given advice from behind the scenes.  If the new manager comes in for Sunday's game then I will be happier with that scenario.   He will also have seen videos of our recent games.

Decent =/= amazing.

I wouldn't expect things to have been massively different under Warburton. 

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

4231 formation would suit me for Sunday.  Either that or 451.  433 would probably get us thumped.

I'd like a formation similar to what Walter used in our uefa cup run. Pack the midfield, narrow defence, pacey strikers.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

I'd like a formation similar to what Walter used in our uefa cup run. Pack the midfield, narrow defence, pacey strikers.

Trouble is we need better defenders.   We also have trouble with getting a pacy striker for Sunday unless we use MOH as the one man up front to play on the break.  Miller wanders back too often.

If Pedro has even announced by Sunday then I'd assume he'll watch the match from the stand and take full charge on Monday.  I don't see any upside to rushing him in before Sunday. The game will take care of itself and new ideas from Pedro beforehand will likely hinder not help the preparations IMO.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Trouble is we need better defenders.   We also have trouble with getting a pacy striker for Sunday unless we use MOH as the one man up front to play on the break.  Miller wanders back too often.

I think Hill is decent Wilson isn't great though but hopefully the midfield can help a bit with that, I'd play MoH and Mckay as a front 2, Mckay isn't brilliant at defending and tackling but he is pacey and Direct Same with MoH it could cause them loads of problems

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its amazing how 2 papers see things differently KJ has a exclusive in tomorrows paper saying the deal has stalled because we haven't agreed on compo yet

Express saying deal done just compo to sort out!

Welcome pedro  

For me that's them seeing things the same, what it does show is how one try's to put a negative spin on it. 

The cunts!

Edit: reading your post again, that's the very point you were making?