***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Utterly tragic and farcical that we've appointed a coach without a Director of Football.

This whole thing has been, imo, the worst thing the board have done since their takeover.

Potentially our most important appointment ever and this is what's happened.

What's actually happened?

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Utterly tragic and farcical that we've appointed a coach without a Director of Football.

This whole thing has been, imo, the worst thing the board have done since their takeover.

Potentially our most important appointment ever and this is what's happened.

They've shown themselves up as a bunch of clueless cunts once again, except this time we might struggle to recover from it.

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If the guy (Wilson) doesn't want to come here then fuck him,said it before that we need people who are going to be committed.

And there lies the problem - anybody who hasn't played here is just like most other people at most other clubs - glad to get a wage for a bit.

You won't get the 'commitment' you're looking for, unless you get in an ex-player or a supporter.

I think you're going to have to settle for mercenary, like it or not.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, Big Al II said:

Dont see what the big issue is, we went after a extremely well though of candidate for our DOF, he gave it some thought and decided against it. Its the right decision for him and us.

Why the fuck is it tragic?

The board are appointing a Manager and a DoF instead of letting the DoF pick his Manager.

Just now, HG5 said:

And there lies the problem - anybody who hasn't played here is just like most other people at most other clubs - glad to get a wage for a bit.

You won't get the 'commitment' you're looking for, unless you get in an ex-player or a supporter.

I think you're going to have to settle for mercenary, like it or not.

Tbh just about everybody involved in football nowadays is a mercenary.

I agree with your commitment point,and again thank fuck we have no ex-players lined up to take the job :lol: 

15 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Shows you that it doesn't take 3-4 years to build a decent team as well.

Two transfer windows, a few shrewd buys and a few key players brought in at around about a couple of million a piece and we were a completely different team.

Warburton got some funds and wasted the majority of them but thats the sort of backing the board have to give this Caixhia guy in the Summer if he's to have any chance of succeeding.

Well it looks like Pedro is the manager and that must be a huge gamble but will obviously back him when he comes and hope he proves many of us wrong.

I wonder if the Mitchell guy will be on the first flight to Glasgow tomorrow so he can be in place before Pedro ? I would like to know if Pedro was mentioned at his interview ?  I have to assume it was Wilson who wanted him, but maybe Mitchell was asked if he would work with him. If that was not done then it could bring tension between the two and that would be a total fuck up.

I hope all my fears are unfounded and everything will be OK, but my faith in our board doing the right thing is not very high.

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

The board are appointing a Manager and a DoF instead of letting the DoF pick his Manager.

Dont agree that the DoF should pick the manager at all, they need to be able to work together but DoF is not head coach's boss. Not IMO anyway.

Ideally they would be involved in the recruitment process I agree, but its not 'his' manager ffs. 

Fuck sake does anyone realky think we hand all that responsibility to a 34 yr old head scout?

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Dont agree that the DoF should pick the manager at all, they need to be able to work together but DoF is not head coach's boss. Not IMO anyway.

Ideally they would be involved in the recruitment process I agree, but its not 'his' manager ffs. 

Fuck sake does anyone realky think we hand all that responsibility to a 34 yr old head scout?

What does his age matter? His responsibility is everything to do with football behind the scenes including picking the manager and having a shortlist of managers who can take the reigns should that manager leave the club. That's how it works regardless of his age.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So he recommends a manager then walks away from the job....wonder if he's laughing?

Probably didn't think the board were thick enough to appoint a manager before having the DoF who recommended him tied down

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Tbh just about everybody involved in football nowadays is a mercenary.

I agree with your commitment point,and again thank fuck we have no ex-players lined up to take the job :lol: 

Dead on!

When George Graham was about to leave Leeds for Spurs, I ended up playing a few holes of golf with the director of Leeds' Academy.

Given GG's Arsenal background & thinking of our own rivalry, I said I couldn't see how someone who'd played with us could manage our biggest rivals, or vice versa.

The answer was along the lines that football people will do anything for a wage!

I think that was the point the cynicism kicked in!

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Probably didn't think the board were thick enough to appoint a manager before having the DoF who recommended him tied down

It seems like one big fuck up, they offer Wilson the job and say ..btw who do you want as manager? ....well there's this guy Pedro...we then offer Pedro the job and Wilson says.... btw I don't want the job.

What happens if a new DoF doesn't rate him ? 

The board should pull out and start again in the summer IMO.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It seems like one big fuck up, they offer Wilson the job and say ..btw who do you want as manager? ....well there's this guy Pedro...we then offer Pedro the job and Wilson says.... btw I don't want the job.

What happens if a new DoF doesn't rate him ? 

The board should pull out and start again in the summer IMO.

That's what I'm worried has happened. I think it may be too late to pull out as well so hopefully Pedro doesn't cost us Mitchell