***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Qatar Stars League

FC  Al-Gharafa

Played 23. Won 11. Drew 4. Lost 8.  Goal dif +2.

League position 5th

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/qatar-stars-league/tabelle/wettbewerb/QSL/saison_id/2016

FC  Santos

Played 121. Won 54 Drew 36. Lost 31.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pedro-caixinha/stationen/trainer/6175/plus/1

34 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

When I was an apprentice I had a journeyman who always reminded me that...there's a Protestant way of doing things and there's the wrong way of doing things.

This board ?

Disgusting bigotry

I like it:tu:

Hate starting or spreading rumors with no substance,  but a guy I used to work with knows has a mate in the members club who's never gave him bad info, and this guy claims were trying to bring in Christian Nerlinger as DOF.  

I think that would be a great appointment, he was Sporting Director at Bayern Munich for 3 years and knows Rangers and the Scottish game and no doubt has many great contacts having been at Bayern Munich who have a great footballing philosophy as a Club

2 minutes ago, Willis said:

Hate starting or spreading rumors with no substance,  but a guy I used to work with knows has a mate in the members club who's never gave him bad info, and this guy claims were trying to bring in Christian Nerlinger as DOF.  

I think that would be a great appointment, he was Sporting Director at Bayern Munich for 3 years and knows Rangers and the Scottish game and no doubt has many great contacts having been at Bayern Munich who have a great footballing philosophy as a Club

Where is he now?

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Where is he now?

Management careerEdit

After his professional career ended, Nerlinger studied International Business at the Munich Business School. Shortly later he was appointed team manager at Bayern Munich. In January 2010, he succeeded Uli Hoeneß as technical manager, upgrading shortly after to general manager of the club.[4] On 2 July 2012, Nerlinger was replaced by Matthias Sammer.[5]

Nerlinger became Team Manager on 1 July 2008.[6] He became Sporting Director of Bayern Munich on 1 July 2009.[7] He held the position until June 2012[6] when he was replaced by Matthias Sammer.

from Wikipishia so might be bullshit

it contradicts his jobs so .......

Another fucking day of stumbling from one embarrassment to the next. 

I actually now think we should just keep murty in charge until end of season and get third place and Euro spot to give the board time to appoint the right people for the roles.

The board clearly don't have a fucking clue what they are doing or who they want in. 

If we are going for DOF then he should most definitely be appointed before a new manager that's just common sense. 

Should have took mcleish weeks ago until end of season but that ship has sailed 

clusterfuck of a shambles as always now with our club. We are a fuckin laughing stock of the highest order now a days. 

Glib and shameful liar you say? Your not fucking kidding there 

Just now, Willis said:

No sure mate can't find anything recent online

Couple of sources suggest the last official involvement with football was 2012 as Bayern sporting director (wiki and transfermarkt). 4-5 years out is quite a long time plus didn't he knock us back for a role in 2014?

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Couple of sources suggest the last official involvement with football was 2012 as Bayern sporting director (wiki and transfermarkt). 4-5 years out is quite a long time plus didn't he knock us back for a role in 2014?

I was just thinking that he refused a role with us in the past, I thought it was way before 2014 though.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Agree with everything you said apart from these three.

Murty's been in charge for a relatively small length of time which will be coming to an end hopefully after Sunday.

Again same as the point above,Warburton left in February and his replacement will be in a month later. That is quick imo.

Wilson was offered the role and turned it down. Now we're after Mitchell but can't do a thing about it as he's on gardening leave.

Seems we can add to the list a culture of leaks...........McCoist's claim to the Press today that his not voting for Res 11 was leaked with the aim of turning fans against him.......and he claims to have a fair idea who leaked the details.

I hope Murty is taken out of the line of fire after Sunday.   I don't ascribe any blame to Murty - he was asked to do a job that was not within is experience bank to do and its lasted longer than I thought it should last.    If the new manager does not arrive next week then imo it raises more and more questions about the competence of the Board.

Warburton left in Feb.  But by King's own admission he knew, and the Board knew, that Warburton and the other 2 were digging their escape routes before the so-called resignations were tendered.   Preparations for finding a replacement should have been underway as soon as that was known, and in fact contingency plans activated for sudden resignations or removals.   I don't know if a month is average, better than average or worse than average for a big club to replace a manager.  If an experienced interim had been appointed instead of inviting Murty then I'd be less concerned.   But the longer it goes on the more it looks to me like Murty being a panic move made worse by wilful incompetence by the Board in moving sufficiently quickly to either find a suitable interim or appoint a longer term manager.  

Presumably with Mitchell somebody at Rangers had done some homework about the prospects of landing him early out of Spurs and about the potential constraints if he was selected.    Why hunt for somebody if they are not likely to be available when you need him.   It just feels like a bit of a try on which, when it fails, risks making the Club look silly.     From what little we know about the approach to appointing a DOF (which is not much) it does not seem to me that Robertson, Dickson and Park went into this well prepared with a list of candidates that were realistic and with a gameplan / sales pitch strong enough to attract people to join up.       

3 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

McCoist will be on STV News, telling us that the DoF search is a nonsense.

The gardening contract dosh must be running low that he pops up now.

My initial reaction was the same..And it might take me a long time to actually truly forgive him for some of his reported actions..But as far as what he said today..He aint wrong..Rangers needs investment not a DOF..

Apparently we're not appointing a dof for now. ffs get it right whoever makes the decisions.  MW criticised for trying to use us as a stepping stone but the favourite for the managers job is pretty much saying the same thing.

We need a 3-5 year plan, not a short term fix. 

6 minutes ago, Tamb said:

Apparently we're not appointing a dof for now. ffs get it right whoever makes the decisions.  MW criticised for trying to use us as a stepping stone but the favourite for the managers job is pretty much saying the same thing.

We need a 3-5 year plan, not a short term fix. 

Who said that?

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

The sudden lurch to DOF-world made me wonder if it was really trying to mask a Board and Robertson failing of allowing the time elapsed since King took control to have resulted in either no scouting network being set up or insufficient work being done to set it up.......despite the recruitment of McParland.   By pushing a new-fangled DOF line on us, and by setting off down the recruitment pathways, I wonder if its simply been an attempt to try to mask how poorly Robertson and King have performed in organising things at Rangers to get a scouting and recruitment network up and running before now.    By pushing the focus on to the recruitment of a DOF it seeks to paper over the bare reality that the DOF would inherit.  

Imagine a question from a DOF candidate that goes something like this...........please describe for me what scouting and recruitment network you already operate at Rangers.......what do the Directors see as its strengths and weaknesses?

If the answer from the 3 recruiting amigos of Robertson, Dickson and Park was something like............errr we've not got a network or not much of a network.........then its not hard to see why the job may not be too attractive.

Add to that a question from DOF candidates along the lines of..........ok so we're building from scratch or near scratch, what budget do I get to accomplish the objectives you are setting?  

End of interview.  Rangers Directors retreat to the bar suffering from a dose of the vapours.   The candidates go off to a different bar doing the Cadbury's Smash laugh. 

A bit harsh I know but right now that's how this appears as this recruitment process takes on the appearance of shambles.  

This has a ring of truth about it. 

What exactly is going on at our football club?

There is no plan in place. This makes Stewart Robertsons' interview both on Rangers TV and in the St. Johnstone matchday programme, look completely ridiculous, amateurish.

So the board of directors wanted a director of football in place. Now it's a long term appointment. We searched high, low and intensively - a forensic search and the best we can come up with is Pedro Caixinha, a Portuguese coach who's got a less than impressive CV. No offence to Mr. Caixinha, who I hope turns out to be a successful appointment.

I am less than impressed, it's yet another shambolic episode.

“Our search has been narrowed down to a few outstanding candidates, who we believe possess the necessary skills and attributes.

“We have been deliberately forensic in our search, studying every detail of each manager’s character, his work and his style and we have sought many references for those who have stood out from the rest..."

Aye, right you are.

“There is no confusion or turmoil inside Rangers.

“There has always been a clarity of purpose..."

Let's be honest, we are a mess.