***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

3 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

I think Aberdeen would make things hard and I can not see him leaving there but I hope I am wrong .

Your initial post suggested he wouldn't want to leave for us, your second suggests Aberdeen wouldn't let him leave for us. Two very different things!

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

ugh,  we are fucked man.   Not an inspiring list by any stretch.

I was too young but when Smith took over from Souness was that inspiring? I'd tend to think it wasn't but it turned out to be a great move for us.

Whoever comes in there will last likely be an underwhelming feeling and also a bit of trepidation but I'll back whoever it is and give them time to prove themselves.

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I was too young but when Smith took over from Souness was that inspiring? I'd tend to think it wasn't but it turned out to be a great move for us.

Whoever comes in there will last likely be an underwhelming feeling and also a bit of trepidation but I'll back whoever it is and give them time to prove themselves.

I've a list of who id like but you have a valid point.

I couldnt believe we got plg yet he was a disaster.

I couldn't believe Eck replaced advocaat. He was excellent for us.

It really is far to hard to judge. They need to be given time no.matter who it is.z

9 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Oh of course I'll back anyone who comes in as well mate,  you make a good point.

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

good point. I couldn't believe it, I thought it was a huge mistake and totally uninspired, but really smith was the coach all along. Souness had lots of other attributes but smith was the main man.

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It really is far to hard to judge. They need to be given time no.matter who it is.z

Whoever it is needs money to spend or it won't make a difference.

Mourinho would struggle to win a trophy with this squad.

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I also thought warburton and weir were a great coup for us. That feeling lasted until the last ten games of last season. 

STV understands the final short-list is 

Pedro Cazx cunt
McLeish
Rowatt
and 1 other candidate ...

Great. Well done the Rangers board. 

The interview board consisted of G.Park, Dickson and Robertson. Fuck me.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, K.A.I said:

STV understands the short-list is 

Pedro Cazx cunt
McLeish
Rowatt

Rowatt has been on every shortlist so far that I've seen the media guess, starting to think he's the common denominator in all this

34 minutes ago, ShaneRalfRoss said:

The names that been announced are no really encouraging .

Big Eck - He came 3rd in two horse race and fans demanded he was sacked.

Predo Caixinha- Some guy was going be our no 2 if we beat Motherwell in playoff final

Gary Monk - He has chance to take Leeds to playoffs and doubt he would leave Leeds for us

Mcinnes - Doubt he would leave the sheep for us .

Rowett -He sounds like other Warburton .

Alex Neil - He is deccent manager but then fans will not want him cos he meant be a celtic fan .

shocking that you only remember big eck for his final season, even then you fail to mention him getting us to the CL last 16

17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

STV understands the final short-list is 

Pedro Cazx ***
McLeish
Rowatt

The interview board consisted of G.Park, Dickson and Robertson. *** me.

And 1 other candidate seems like a decent shout. Done wonders at his previous clubs. 

But seriously Rowatt would be my choice out of that awful awful awful list. 

25 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

When Souness came in he knew next to nothing about Scottish football  he recruited Smith who was Fergusons assistant at Mexico 86, Smith was also  assistant to Jim McLean for a while and was a top manager, 5 years under Souness at Ibrox, Walter had a good  apprenticeship and was more than ready.

Just now, SuperPapac05 said:

And 1 other candidate seems like a decent shout. Done wonders at his previous clubs. 

The mystery candidate better be good. Knowing our luck it could be anyone from Alex Rae to Glenn Roeder. 

At first I thought the STV story was news, then I realised they've just taken three of the favourites and added in AN Other. Now when one of the three favourites is unveiled, or someone else, it makes Raman look as though he was in the know. 

File under pish. No cunt knows.

So if we have a short-list of candidates, all with different playing styles, that's a bad thing?

Maybe the board want to interview each to see what they all say about their style/philosophy, what they need (financially) to get the team where we all want.

9 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Pft. Cunts on here who were shouting for Frank de Boer. 

Rowetts the best of a very bad bunch.

Why is everyone so down on Gary Rowett? 

He's not Frank de Boer, but he's a very decent candidate. 

"He's another Warburton" appears to be based on nothing but the fact he manages in the English lower leagues.

"Not experienced enough" being spouted by those that want us to appoint the less-experienced Monk...