***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

I don't understand the hate for eck TBH. Guy is a good manager. Not the best but given what he's done before and what he will demand... i don't trust any of the other names there. 

That guy Pedro Crainxha or so has disaster written all over it. 

42 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Not sure why everyone is so down on the potential appointment of Pedro Caixinha.

I'm not necessarily saying the idea of appointing him excites me, but he's by far the most experienced of the candidates, other than McLeish. 

You not just answered your own question? we were promised best candidate possible and we get a fucking bullfighter who's done fuck-all in management 

If he's appointed.

4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

"It's important to remember how far Rangers have come in a short space of time"

Yeah 5 years on, almost 50 million spent on wages and fee's and we're the worst Rangers team in history. Fuck sake.

I honestly hate that Robertson cunt - why's he even in a job like ours.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Not sure why everyone is so down on the potential appointment of Pedro Caixinha.

I'm not necessarily saying the idea of appointing him excites me, but he's by far the most experienced of the candidates, other than McLeish. 

This is his CV, tell me that's any good.

2010/11 - U.D Leiria, finished 10th in the Primeira Liga (1 position below their previous season without him) and was sacked September 2011.
2011/12 - Nacional, finished 7th in the Primeira Liga (1 position below their previous season without him) and was sacked October 2012.
2012-15 - Santos Laguna, Spent 7 half seasons (***) here where he won the league once and won two cups, finishing 9th, 6th, 2nd, 4th, 9th, 8th(won the league that year, Mexican league splits in two and they play for the league lol) before resigning when they were 18th place. (They came 1st in the season before appointing him)
2015/16 - Al-Gharafa, finished 9th in the Qatar Stars League last season and currently has them in 5th place.

2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

2010/11 - U.D Leiria, finished 10th in the Primeira Liga (1 position below their previous season without him) and was sacked September 2011.
2011/12 - Nacional, finished 7th in the Primeira Liga (1 position below their previous season without him) and was sacked October 2012.
2012-15 - Santos Laguna, Spent 7 half seasons (***) here where he won the league once and won two cups, finishing 9th, 6th, 2nd, 4th, 9th, 8th(won the league that year, Mexican league splits in two and they play for the league lol) before resigning when they were 18th place. (They came 1st in the season before appointing him)
2015/16 - Al-Gharafa, finished 9th in the Qatar Stars League last season and currently has them in 5th place.

:lol: the only thing he's done is won a league in a season his team finished 8th in the league ... been sacked everywhere else, resigned once and is sitting 5th in a camel/goat shagging land league

Fuck it give me Rowatt. 

oh and 2 cups in his 7.5 year spell. My bad. 

25 minutes ago, RDFM said:

:britney:You'd struggle to make up a CV less suited to a Rangers manager.

People claiming Pedro will be a disaster have clearly never heard of the guy before now... so how can they say? Based on his previous record, McCoist should be lining up the Barca job in the summer, better win percentage than most. 

Stats mean fuck all, if the boy has a bit about him, get him in. The alternative is what? Mcleish also managed in that same league. 

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

:lol: the only thing he's done is won a league in a season his team finished 8th in the league ... been sacked everywhere else, resigned once and is sitting 5th in a camel/goat shagging land league

Fuck it give me Rowatt. 

oh and 2 cups in his 7.5 year spell. My bad. 

Ridiculous if we get this nonentity in, season ticket sales will take a nosedive,would rather have mcleish, even though his time has passed, what a shambolic club we are

1 minute ago, BigAmo'sThighs said:

People claiming Pedro will be a disaster have clearly never heard of the guy before now... so how can they say? Based on his previous record, McCoist should be lining up the Barca job in the summer, better win percentage than most. 

Stats mean fuck all, if the boy has a bit about him, get him in. The alternative is what? Mcleish also managed in that same league. 

Put down the crack-pipe pal ... someone posted his CV a couple of posts ago, 

8 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Yous fucking moan when you don't get told everything, then when he does tell us you say "and you believe him?" Get a fucking grip mate.

What makes you think Murty will be manager, what on earth has even indicated that to you? Aw you think we can't afford a new manager? You talk like a rabid manky bastard if that's your reason

Don't get your fanny pad in a twist mate, just my opinion. 

Looks like murty will be taking the old firm game. Record breaking score line if true. 

You can thank this incompetent board for that one ??

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Ridiculous if we get this nonentity in, season ticket sales will take a nosedive,would rather have mcleish, even though his time has passed, what a shambolic club we are

Warburton was a non entity to most Rangers fans when he came and ST sales didn't nose dive.

Whoever we eventually get will not excite the fans I reckon unless it was someone like FDB but that is a bit of a pipe dream now.

42 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Does anyone think Weiss may have played a part in sparking Pedro's interest? 

I am pretty sure that he could be one of the first players to arrive, The two have a very good relationship here according to the local lads I speak to here.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

If Stewart Robertson thinks Mcleish, Rowett and Pedro are "outstanding candidates" then he's lost the fucking plot.

I still don't know even before he thrust his idea of "outstanding candidates" upon us how he got the gig with us.

I've seen a few people say he was employed as an executive at Motherwell when they voted us out the leagues. I'd love to see his CV/timeline to see if the numbers match up. 

Regardless of that - the guys a wee rat. He's out of his depth and can't be trusted.