Who in their right mind......

slimjim1690

Would want to take over as an interim manager with this lot?, I mean think about it, ...... here you go pal you have the job till the end of the season till we can get a new guy in, what would be the point?, any decent manager isn't going to damage his reputation being in charge of this lot for a couple of months, so unless we get someone in soon I think we will be stuck with GM till the day of the season, .....batten down the hatches.

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

Would want to take over as an interim manager with this lot?, I mean think about it, ...... here you go pal you have the job till the end of the season till we can get a new guy in, what would be the point?, any decent manager isn't going to damage his reputation being in charge of this lot for a couple of months, so unless we get someone in soon I think we will be stuck with GM till the day of the season, .....batten down the hatches.

The same was said about McCoists squad. We just cannot fuck up with the next manager.

Simply would be a wage for someone unemployed would be the main driver for anyone coming in. There cant be someone out there keen to have a crack with no chance of a transfer or off loading dead wood the team is simply not good enough and personally do not see things changing. 

theres still loads and loads of people interested in this job.  barry ferguson was talking about it on sportsound. he says people will be interested because its rangers.  its still the second best paid job in the division. we could get tommy wright. dont really think he's getting linked a lot?  but we're better than st.johnstone football wise better budget bigger club and plus the only way is up. a new manager wouldn't even have to do THAT good to get some time.

Theres still the Scottish cup and 2nd place to play for. If an interim manager could come in and achieve that then it'll do his reputation no harm at all in fact it'll greatly increase it. Right now to get these imposters in a Rangers jersey to play football higher than amateur level would be a small miracle. 

6 minutes ago, Rumblepack said:

theres still loads and loads of people interested in this job.  barry ferguson was talking about it on sportsound. he says people will be interested because its rangers.  its still the second best paid job in the division. we could get tommy wright. dont really think he's getting linked a lot?  but we're better than st.johnstone football wise better budget bigger club and plus the only way is up. a new manager wouldn't even have to do THAT good to get some time.

They would still be gone at the end of the season, I can't see anyone decent even contemplating coming for a couple of months.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think there must be loads of guys watching us right now who are thinking they could do a better job. I think I could do a better job ffs.

It would need to be somebody who's out of work ATM who's willing to work as an INTERIM manager, the fact that they would be out of work doesn't fill me with hope, we need someone in now who will be our manager going forward.

24 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

If he stays in charge we'll finish 4th or worse. 

This squad (minus a select few) have chucked it.

Money helps.    I mean if you want a seat on the lifeboat of a sinking ship when there aren't enough lifeboats for everyone then money talks.     It's becoming a big enough rescue job for this season so candidates with some half credible experience even to stabalise the ship and steer it into some calmer performance and results waters might be attracted if the compensation was good enough.  

Thing is though, if King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have fucked up the removal of Warburon. Weir and McP and might be in for sizeable damages and legal costs then do they really have enough money to buy a seat on the interim manager lifeboat?   I doubt it.   For if they had, we'd have seen an interim appointed by now because if the Board could not foresee the tremendous risk they were taking in appointing a managerial virgin, a novice of the first order for these last to games then they don't deserve to be Directors or executives of the Club. 

I don't think King, Robertson, Dickson and the rest of the Board have the faintest clue about what to do to rescue this season.  Not a clue.

It's not about right mind in all honesty. It's about who is on the dole who wants the gig. These fuckers only care about the coin imo. We will get the cheapest, best, unemployed without paying compo, manager we can. It's Kings on the cheap way. We will never get back to where we belong til he and the rest of that fucking board disappear. We need business who know how to make money, not fucking spend it.

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

Money helps.    I mean if you want a seat on the lifeboat of a sinking ship when there aren't enough lifeboats for everyone then money talks.     It's becoming a big enough rescue job for this season so candidates with some half credible experience even to stabalise the ship and steer it into some calmer performance and results waters might be attracted if the compensation was good enough.  

Thing is though, if King, Robertson, Dickson and the Board have fucked up the removal of Warburon. Weir and McP and might be in for sizeable damages and legal costs then do they really have enough money to buy a seat on the interim manager lifeboat?   I doubt it.   For if they had, we'd have seen an interim appointed by now because if the Board could not foresee the tremendous risk they were taking in appointing a managerial virgin, a novice of the first order for these last to games then they don't deserve to be Directors or executives of the Club. 

I don't think King, Robertson, Dickson and the rest of the Board have the faintest clue about what to do to rescue this season.  Not a clue.

Agree with this.  It all comes down to money in the end.  The only reason we have King and the cowboys is because there was no-one out there willing and able to back the club with the type of money we needed to get back to the top in quick time.  Instead, we have King's relatively small (for a club of our size) injections of cash to just about keep the show on the road, but nothing more than that.  He spins it for all he is worth, but he'll never be able to attract the level of investment needed. He's not even the shit-hot businessman we are led to believe -  I would not be surprised if we end up having to pay up following a 'wrongful dismisssal' case.   Having said that, though, we should still be doing better than his, given the players' wage bill. 

Plenty would take it in a heartbeat. Not ideal candidates but plenty of guys would walk over hot coals to manage this club. Not Guardiola or Mourinho but experienced managers. Poor records, good records. There are people out there who would love to help our club. No doubt about it. 

I'm not convinced any manager we could realistically attract could do anything with this squad. This isn't a squad of decent / good players who have lost their way or lost faith in a manager. This is a squad of absolute dross with a holiday camp mentality who have spent the last 12 to 18 months being fed a flawed mentality from a flawed coach where poor performances were glossed over as long as lengthy analysis and discussion was held and lessons learned for next time. The problems run deep and i don't believe any coach will be able to sort them out without a complete clear out of the squad. I honestly don't think there's a single player that I wouldn't be happy to see the back of.

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

well, as everybody keeps saying - we have the 2nd highest wage bill -  yet there is a danger we could end up 4th - even 5th if we collapse completely. That not money thats the issue.

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

All true, and your last paragraph sums it all up.

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

I'm not convinced any manager we could realistically attract could do anything with this squad. This isn't a squad of decent / good players who have lost their way or lost faith in a manager. This is a squad of absolute dross with a holiday camp mentality who have spent the last 12 to 18 months being fed a flawed mentality from a flawed coach where poor performances were glossed over as long as lengthy analysis and discussion was held and lessons learned for next time. The problems run deep and i don't believe any coach will be able to sort them out without a complete clear out of the squad. I honestly don't think there's a single player that I wouldn't be happy to see the back of.

Spot on , i never thought a manager could put together a bigger squad of fuckin donkeys like McCoist did , but the three lying sleazy bastards have managed it.

Biggest problem is, if someone comes in interim or not, will need to work until the end of the season with the current squad. That said, someone who can manage a team could organise this lot differently and make them more cohesive. No idea who though, none of the names thrown about at the minute fill me with anything other than dread.