Scottish Sun: Murty still in charge v. Cel*ic

OceanRain

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Dave King said a while ago that he wouldn't want to see us do a 9 in the row again because it's not good financially... 

So its all part of a plan. Excellent, This is the benefits of having real businessmen with Rangers hearts in charge. Detailed plans that will have been well constructed on a beer mat.

From the Sun so probably BS - however:

I don't get why people are getting their knickers in a twist about taking the time to get these appointments right. Warburton got us out the Championship but only his most ardent and blind supporters would say he was the right man for the Premiership. He also loaded our squad with players who have thoroughly demonstrated their inability to handle the job of even competing like a Rangers team. We are stuck with them at least until the next window - so why panic and rush to put an interim manager in who might get a bit more effort out of incompetents? Antonio Conte couldn't get this shower to perform. I'm hoping we get it right this time, not quick. This season is already a train wreck. Putting a new driver in until we get to the end of it won't change that. Making a great appointment for next season will at least give us something to be cheerful about.

The Sun?... nah, I officially declare pish.

My own opinion... Davies or McLeish to be announced by next week, no happy with that but it is what it is.

can't see much interest anywhere else tbh, maybe a cheeky wee outsider bet on Barry Ferguson now that Clyde are going nowhere. :-( 

Not excited about it either but if your preferred candidate isn't ready yet I don't know what else they should do? Move Murty aside and bring in Mulholland or bring back Durie and Durrant? Or rush in and appoint Davies or McLeish? 

Its a shite situation to be in but I think we need to suck it up for now 

24 minutes ago, FirrhillLoyal said:

I hate people rubbishing claims just because it's from a paper. They do get stuff right sometimes. 

I fully believe this story simply because the board is full of clueless arse holes. 

All right then, the daily rhecord stating today we will have a new manager in place for that game.

so one of them is talking pish as is usually the case. Open your eyes

If there interviewing ppl for the jobs good but both papers are just trying to sh-t scare with anything negitive to fill pages both are so anti Rangers we shud ignore.

When the club have picked who will get both jobs they will let us know and hopefully they get it right this time as like others my nerves are shattered can't have murty in charge for any game the guys a youth coach only.

We have been through a lot but it has made us stronger and the other mob know it as they spend more time talking about us.

3 minutes ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Talk about being thrown to the lions

This director of football will be thrown to the lions too if next season goes tits up that's the only reason they're appointing him under the guise of a revolution when all it is is an attempt to keep heat off themselves 

it's win win 

if it's a success they can say they thought of and approved it - rightly so

if it's a flop (imo it will be) they can plead and say we put our trust in a highly recommended DOF who was in charge of the football side of things 

it's so obvious 

1 hour ago, bam74 said:

And the record now saying we will have a new manager in place for Celtic game. Both newspapers have as much of a clue as to what is going on at Ibrox as we do. They just make this shite up and hope they are right.

Yes the headline says that but if you read the article half way down it says IF an outstanding candidate presents himself they will appoint before the game with them.

Typical record , headline says one thing, article says another.