U20s and broadcasting

The Dude

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2017 at 0:16 AM, BEE said:

I watched the Hibs highlights on RTV before they were available elsewhere, the only ones I've bothered even looking for. The club may see making the content available through RTV as incentivising a few to sign up to the service, therefore the club may not be keen to have someone giving away the content for nothing.

There's an appetite to watch Beerman's last minute goal - I doubt there's any appetite to watch (even highlights) of the majority of the other games this season.

The poll would suggest otherwise...

25 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Would definitely watch live streams of the games. Hopefully you's get the permission mate, good luck.

Cheers. We're miles behind other clubs' coverage of their youth sides and it actually quite annoys me when you see what teams like Killie & Falkirk put out while Rangers do next to nothing. Doubt it's doing my chances of working for Rangers any good right enough :digging:

14 minutes ago, Smile said:

Would it even be legally possible to do this?

Yes. Which is why we're going to the SPFL to seek permission to do it. If we were to just pitch up with a camera it wouldn't be permitted but if we can get approval then everything will be totally above board. 

No dodginess, no asking for donations, no putting it behind a paywall (unless the SPFL insist on it but tbh if they do I'll probably abandon the idea). We, or quite probably I, will bear the costs out my own pocket until it becomes viable enough to attract advertisers/bombs completely.

Just now, The Dude said:

Yes. Which is why we're going to the SPFL to seek permission to do it. If we were to just pitch up with a camera it wouldn't be permitted but if we can get approval then everything will be totally above board. 

No dodginess, no asking for donations, no putting it behind a paywall (unless the SPFL insist on it but tbh if they do I'll probably abandon the idea). We, or quite probably I, will bear the costs out my own pocket until it becomes viable enough to attract advertisers/bombs completely.

I just meant would it not be a nightmare to get every player to sign off or agree to this i guess they just have to follow the Spfl directive given the reply.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I just meant would it not be a nightmare to get every player to sign off or agree to this i guess they just have to follow the Spfl directive given the reply.

Players wouldn't need to. Clubs (including Rangers record every game that's played at U20 level and most publish it to their website/club "tv" but the rights are all held centrally by the league. 

Truth be told, I could quite likely just do it and not ask the question and just hope it flies under the radar but would rather go through the proper channels and try do it without leaving myself open to action

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Players wouldn't need to. Clubs (including Rangers record every game that's played at U20 level and most publish it to their website/club "tv" but the rights are all held centrally by the league. 

Truth be told, I could quite likely just do it and not ask the question and just hope it flies under the radar but would rather go through the proper channels and try do it without leaving myself open to action

You are better doing it right and it might even pay off for you if it goes well, I mean in a career sense, not a monetary sense here.

Just discussed this with a few people and basically you won't be doing this The Dude.

We feel you've been too divisive on here and would just be trouble, maybe even end up cheering for the other team or something.

My decision is final and hopefully you respect that and we can move on and continue to be friends.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

You are better doing it right and it might even pay off for you if it goes well, I mean in a career sense, not a monetary sense here.

What I really hope happens is that it awakens clubs to the potential of social/digital media. La Liga and Liga MX (Mexico) have sold rights to Facebook and I even watched an official broadcast of a North American Champions League game on Facebook live last night so there's opportunity. Who knows, it might even turn out to be an alternative to the likes of Sky and BT Sport in the future. 

I'll be straight up and admit there probably will be a financial benefit if I can pull this off. There has been from doing written coverage of 20s games already and the more hits I can get on the site the more attractive we are to advertisers and the more cash goes into my pocket. This is my job now so unashamedly will look to maximise my financial reward.

7 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Just discussed this with a few people and basically you won't be doing this The Dude.

We feel you've been too divisive on here and would just be trouble, maybe even end up cheering for the other team or something.

My decision is final and hopefully you respect that and we can move on and continue to be friends.

Ah fuck. I've already spent the last few days learning how to edit live video and creating a working on-screen clock & scoreboard. I knew I should've ran it by you first. It won't happen again.