Match day mascot

BUILDMYGALLOWS1986

1 minute ago, Dietspam said:

Why did you remove the link?

Was a link to the wrong thing :lol:

It used to be the youth supporters club thing as others have said but I believe now it's all done through season tickets.

Surprised there's nothing on the website though, quite poor. 

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

It used to be the youth supporters club thing as others have said but I believe now it's all done through season tickets.

Do they just contact them out the blue or something? Agree it's a bit shit. I wonder if you have to know someone who knows someone. 

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

That old youth scheme has been replaced by this new Youth scheme, which doesn't list mascot opportunities as one of the benefits.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rydc-launch-youth-club/

1 minute ago, Dietspam said:

Do they just contact them out the blue or something? Agree it's a bit shit. I wonder if you have to know someone who knows someone. 

Not a clue mate, I just got that from an old forum post so it could be complete shite. I'd just phone and ask and see what they say. 

2 minutes ago, govanblue said:

That old youth scheme has been replaced by this new Youth scheme, which doesn't list mascot opportunities as one of the benefits.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/rydc-launch-youth-club/

Aye I just seen a list and assumed mascot would be on it but after reading it more carefully realised it wasn't :duh:

8 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Demand hugely outstrips supply I'd guess.

I imagine that everyone inside a packed Ibrox would know some kid close to them who would love the chance.

They have 3 mascots per game, 18 League games, half a dozen cup games.  That's about 72 places.  I could fill that with a thread on here in a day!!

Another option mentioned a few years ago is via sponsorship/hospitality.  Check out the match programme, and if you know anyone in any of the sponsoring companies, you could ask them. Sponsors get mascot places as one of their sponsorship benefits.

15 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Demand hugely outstrips supply I'd guess.

I imagine that everyone inside a packed Ibrox would know some kid close to them who would love the chance.

They have 3 mascots per game, 18 League games, half a dozen cup games.  That's about 72 places.  I could fill that with a thread on here in a day!!

Another option mentioned a few years ago is via sponsorship/hospitality.  Check out the match programme, and if you know anyone in any of the sponsoring companies, you could ask them. Sponsors get mascot places as one of their sponsorship benefits.

Sounds like this would make a great prize for your next fundraising raffle.

9 minutes ago, bettertogether said:

Sounds like this would make a great prize for your next fundraising raffle.

Been saying this to him for about a year now lol would easily make a decent sum coz so many people would want it. It's definitely not one I'd be bumping up the threads or promoting on Twitter tho:lol: my wee man would love it

its definitely random through season tickets. i was sitting last year having a coffee when my phone went. it was a withheld number which i never answer but for some reason this time i answered it was the club phoning to ask if ma lad would like to be the mascot for the game agains alloa when we got handed the championship cup.

What about being a ball boy instead of a mascot? As far as I'm aware they get changed every game. My mates boy (plays for the under 10s) got picked for a recent  game. No idea if it's only youth players the club use, but it might be worth a phone call.

25 minutes ago, blueretro said:

What about being a ball boy instead of a mascot? As far as I'm aware they get changed every game. My mates boy (plays for the under 10s) got picked for a recent  game. No idea if it's only youth players the club use, but it might be worth a phone call.

Cheers pal ?