Win Ugly

The thought of a De Boer or even a Martin Jol is a nice thought but I just don't think they are the type of people we need at the moment. There is a huge points gap between us and them but we have only lost 6 points to them (too many I know) our issue at the moment is that we can't beat the other teams in the league that play a more physical game. What we need just now is a manager that is going to make us difficult to beat and that can compete with the rest home and away. I feel the next appointment should be along those lines a tried and tested, experienced manager with a two year plan that maybe could win a title and then we look at the whole bigger picture with a DOF and a manager like De Boer that can take us to the next level. We can't afford to implement a 5 year project just now we need a quick fix for the next 2 seasons and then build on that.

I've said in some other post but I think Nigel Pearson could be the man for that short term plan. 

3 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

The thought of a De Boer or even a Martin Jol is a nice thought but I just don't think they are the type of people we need at the moment. There is a huge points gap between us and them but we have only lost 6 points to them (too many I know) our issue at the moment is that we can't beat the other teams in the league that play a more physical game. What we need just now is a manager that is going to make us difficult to beat and that can compete with the rest home and away. I feel the next appointment should be along those lines a tried and tested, experienced manager with a two year plan that maybe could win a title and then we look at the whole bigger picture with a DOF and a manager like De Boer that can take us to the next level. We can't afford to implement a 5 year project just now we need a quick fix for the next 2 seasons and then build I that.

I've said in some other post but I think Nigel Pearson could be the man for that short term plan. 

Nigel Pearson he IS a bammer who assaults his own players and talks to chairs and trees, the media would kill him or he would kill them, as you say get him IN :Banane21:

24 minutes ago, RDFM said:

I wouldn't sign that Messi cunt either, too small and tippy tappy.

I'd want a forward like Grant Holt, a big physical target man that knows the Scottish game. Class.

That's my point we can't afford the effective technically gifted players just now. Grant Holt???? Where did that come from? The last time we tried to go for technical ability and a certain style of play we had to bring in a experienced manager who built from the back with experienced pros and made us difficult to beat to begin with. How did that work out? 

It's not always a robust style of play that beats us.

Press us high. Strong mobile midfielders. Exploit space full backs leave. Sling a cross into the heart of our defence.

All very obvious tactics, simple too.

We need to adjust to our failings as much as worry about others.

In the short term I'd get Eck in to give them a rocket up their arses and a bit of fear of not doing what's asked of them.

In the short or long term Pearson - just naw.

Agree to a certain extent that the style of football doesn't matter, results do, however we need to look long term.

We can't afford to bring in another manager to be in this position again in 2 years with a mediocre squad full of players who are supposed to be in/hitting their prime, it has to be a long term project, working with youngsters either from other clubs or develop our own.

Nigel Pearson....not the guy we need to take us forward

We all want a fast direct style of play with slick, forceful passing. We had that for about 6 months last year under the last regime. After that it was turgid, too many touches and passes, Shite delivery from wide, toothless in front of goal and terrible at the back. Someone else on this thread mentioned Advocaats teams, I'd love a similar style under whoever comes in. We were great to watch then but weren't bullied by hammer throwers in this league.