Dodoo & other inane rambling

Bearsden bear

I genuinely don't know what to make of Dodoo. He's clearly very raw in terms of his play. Maybe he came to the game late, I am not sure. He should be given more chances though considering how many opportunities others have had, I.e mckay, Garner, waghorn. Although with his current role I don't see the point in signing him. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Cobham said:

I agree Halliday isn't good enough, you won't get any argument from me there but Forrester isn't any better. It's a sad state of affairs when the way to pick the team is by deciding who is least shite! 

It's depressing mate and if keeps going like this be aswell closing the gates utterly fucked off with it all due to get divorced cause I'm a grumpy crabbit bastard these days haha unless big changes ill won't be back next year 

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

So you think Halliday, Toral and Holt are better than forrester? ffs man

Halliday get's it tight and should never be in a cdm position.  

Toral?  Too early.

Holt is a 60k player and it shows

Forrester has had a very quick goal v Dundee and a cracking pass for a goal.  other than that?  Nice hair and a wee laugh with MOH when we were getting humped our last game.

My mid would be Tav Windass Halliday Hyndman in a 4-4-2. But I've had a few!

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Toral?  Too early.

Forrester has had a very quick goal v Dundee and a cracking pass for a goal.  other than that?  Nice hair and a wee laugh with MOH when we were getting humped our last game.

And that doesn't mean Halliday is a cdm for all the Football Manager brigade.

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It's depressing mate and if keeps going like this be aswell closing the gates utterly fucked off with it all due to get divorced cause I'm a grumpy crabbit bastard these days haha unless big changes ill won't be back next year 

We can't change who we have for months. We need a manager to come in and wake these guys up. Give them confidence and new impetus in what they do. New ideas and a new way of playing. It might just work. What won't work is the same guys, in the same positions, playing the same old lethargic passing nonsense that they have for over a year. Slow, boring, ineffective!! 

1 minute ago, Cobham said:

We can't change who we have for months. We need a manager to come in and wake these guys up. Give them confidence and new impetus in what they do. New ideas and a new way of playing. It might just work. What won't work is the same guys, in the same positions, playing the same old lethargic passing nonsense that they have for over a year. Slow, boring, ineffective!! 

I just don't think these players have Alex Ferguson couldn't make a team outta that heap of shite I actually despise quite a few of our players spineless cowards but suppose if you sign lower league mediocre pish then can't expect much better 

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Toral?  Too early.

I'd have a midfield of Forrester Windass Hyndman Mckay in a 442, I don't think there's enough drink in the world that would make me think picking Halliday in any Rangers team is a good idea. Forrester has contributed to more goals this season in the league than Halliday, Holt, Toral and Windass combined so I'd like to see him given an extended run in the team since he hasn't really had that since joining imo.

Murty has come in and made the same mistakes as Warburton, except he didn't try to rectify his mistakes by bringing on sub's at the 60 minute mark. He's a poor mans Warburton, trying the same tactics, which has got us into this mess, without the ability to make the correct substitutions, at the correct time, to save another shocking result.

6 hours ago, HG5 said:

Too right - couldn't have got it more wrong if they'd wanted to.

You'd have thought one of them would have come good by accident!

As way of compensation Warburton can take all the fannies he signed then we will call it quits, you would need a 12 yard skip to fit them in.

When you analyse them player by player and what they have contributed it is quite scary, Rangers should be after Warburton/Weir and Superscout  for the pile of shite they have left on our door mat.

Just now, pcbear said:

As way of compensation Warburton can take all the fannies he signed then we will call it quits, you would need a 12 yard skip to fit them in.

When you analyse them player by player and what they have contributed it is quite scary, Rangers should be after Warburton/Weir and Superscout  for the pile of shite they have left on our door mat.

If only it worked like that?

4 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Murty has come in and made the same mistakes as Warburton, except he didn't try to rectify his mistakes by bringing on sub's at the 60 minute mark. He's a poor mans Warburton, trying the same tactics, which has got us into this mess, without the ability to make the correct substitutions, at the correct time, to save another shocking result.

You might say he 'learned' that a 2 man midfield backfired, so he added a third.

Shame that man was Toral who, seems to me, would struggle to pass wind!

And the outcome was little different to the last time!

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

You might say he 'learned' that a 2 man midfield backfired, so he added a third.

Shame that man was Toral who, seems to me, would struggle to pass wind!

And the outcome was little different to the last time!

I'm not having a go or sticking up for Toral in any way but I saw him play for Birmingham two seasons ago and he was fantastic. I don't know what the hell is up with him just now but he's not the player I saw few seasons back 

1 hour ago, CRARFC said:

I'm not having a go or sticking up for Toral in any way but I saw him play for Birmingham two seasons ago and he was fantastic. I don't know what the hell is up with him just now but he's not the player I saw few seasons back 

Don't worry - I've you've got previous experience which was diffferent to what we're seeing, that's interesting to know.

There may be a player in there, after all - just may not emerge in time for us.

Maybe too many loan moves are beginning to chip away his self-belief?

I made a comment when he & Hyndman joined, along the lines of 'get 'em straight in the team, before they forget they can play'.

Toral looks to have fulfilled my prediction a bit sooner than even I thought!

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

don't really know if dodoo is good bad or indifferent but FFS how can you have a go at a boy who doesn't play? It's like blaming Liam burt

He's been bad every time he's played except for ten minutes against Thistle 

Just now, K.A.I said:

He's been bad every time he's played except for ten minutes against Thistle 

Aye he's not been great but he's a pup, he doesn't get much if any game time and TBH a list of our problems and where the blame lies and dodoo would be lucky to be on any of them.

He offers pace that no other forward we have can like Miller, Waghorn or Garner. 

2 of 3 above get games despite being brutal so why not Dodoo to see of he can offer anything Different?  Aye he probably won't but why not try, not as if the others are doing much in any case 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Aye he's not been great but he's a pup, he doesn't get much if any game time and TBH a list of our problems and where the blame lies and dodoo would be lucky to be on any of them.

Oh don't get me wrong Dodoo is in no way to blame for our problems 

he's just not the answer to them 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Oh don't get me wrong Dodoo is in no way to blame for our problems 

he's just not the answer to them 

I doubt he will be mate. but why the op decided to rant at him I don't know :lol:

Cant believe murty brought garner on in 91 mins. There was a spell where we were crying out for him in the second half and he didn't go for him.

TBH I'm not going to have a go at murty either. I actually feel quite bad for him 

14 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Don't worry - I've you've got previous experience which was diffferent to what we're seeing, that's interesting to know.

There may be a player in there, after all - just may not emerge in time for us.

Maybe too many loan moves are beginning to chip away his self-belief?

I made a comment when he & Hyndman joined, along the lines of 'get 'em straight in the team, before they forget they can play'.

Toral looks to have fulfilled my prediction a bit sooner than even I thought!

He was different class in that Birmingham team. 

When I saw he was linked with us I was over the moon. He's a shadow of the player he was in that team. 

I have to agree. Too many loans in a short space of time has to affect you. Just shit it's affected him while playing for us. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

What I will say is its another bizarre signing like MOH. Bring a player in, don't play them and will no doubt be off in the summer.

Our squad is jam packed with the above 

all very similar players. I know it's a different scale but Barça have their front 3 but couldn't really change much. They then went and bought alcacer as a sub. He knew it and so did they but it meant they could change their game plan if plan a wasn't working. 

If plan a didn't work for us it was bring on another similar player and hope that works