The Continuous Decline

The Godfather

Its very difficult to see how ST sales will hold up in the face of what is turning into free fall decline.

It seems to me it would take absolutely stellar appointments of DOF and Head Coach and a very decent injection of money for transfer funds to try to instil some confidence in ST holders to renew for next season.    

And if STs fall markedly then where does the money come from for next season?  In which case the risk of even further decline slides ever closer.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Its very difficult to see how ST sales will hold up in the face of what is turning into free fall decline.

It seems to me it would take absolutely stellar appointments of DOF and Head Coach and a very decent injection of money for transfer funds to try to instil some confidence in ST holders to renew for next season.    

And if STs fall markedly then where does the money come from for next season?  In which case the risk of even further decline slides ever closer.

Exactly. Where do the board go from here . 

Very easy to criticise from the outside , not so easy when it's them that have to come up with the answers . 

8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Very easy to criticise from the outside , not so easy when it's them that have to come up with the answers . 

The answer is easy, you need to compete with them.

If you are on the board and not willing, you have wasted your money.

Regarding the employment of DOF and coach do Robertson and Dickson have the experience and qualification to give any confidence that they can make decent appointments? One coming from the overwhelming success the Motherwell are and the other who I guess got the position as a reward for services to King and company from within.

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

They're being criticised for their past mistakes, they have to fix it, King has one job he needs to get investment into the club that would be one answer.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Kings got 15% of the shares. It's not much. Not much at all. 

Does anybody else control a club with so little in terms of investment? 

I'd love to buy the cunt out.

I don't see it as being that difficult, it's just a matter of cost.

If you are in, you are in. If you don't have that clout, that the point?

You're not going to make your money back by doing what they are doing at that moment.

Should be all in or fold.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

The answer is easy, you need to compete with them.

If you are on the board and not willing, you have wasted your money.

Well yes . This is what separates the men from the boys . 

The board now have to go that bit further and bring in someone that will capture the fans imagination and hopes , or else ST sales could really be costly for them . 

Just now, gmcf said:

The board now have to go that bit further and bring in someone that will capture the fans imagination and hopes , or else ST sales could really be costly for them . 

Correct. If season ticket renewals were due tomorrow King would be in for a shock.

10 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

They're being criticised for their past mistakes, they have to fix it, King has one job he needs to get investment into the club that would be one answer.

They've made an onus on their own backs as far as I can see . I'm not saying the previous board were the answer , but this one has been disappointing so far . 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

The support did us great credit after admin, in piling in for ST's & getting the resurrection restarted.

Rewind 5 years & before.

The main driver for ST's since 1986 had been it guaranteed your seat for games against the tramps.

Now the initial rush of saving the club has passed, the real need for an ST is making sure you get those two beggars matches - which isn't looking such an attractive proposition, unless some pretty major changes take place.

1 hour ago, Sulla said:

At this stage with the scum game coming up and the potential for reputational damage overseeing a doing against them by having virtually no time to change anything I think Bomber or McLeish are about the only two who'd step into that frying pan.

You're a fucking dick!

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

What's wrong with what he said?

It certainly looks like the board are delaying a temporary appointment til after the celtic game. If they're not then they're even more clueless than I thought they were.

You having a laugh? Bomber brown!!!!

8 minutes ago, HG5 said:

The support did us great credit after admin, in piling in for ST's & getting the resurrection restarted.

Rewind 5 years & before.

The main driver for ST's since 1986 had been it guaranteed your seat for games against the tramps.

Now the initial rush of saving the club has passed, the real need for an ST is making sure you get those two beggars matches - which isn't looking such an attractive proposition, unless some pretty major changes take place.

I'd say , and as much as I have very little faith in this board , is ,  we have to keep going . 

I can honestly understand those that have had enough , but if we've to get to where we belong , champions , or at least contenders , we have to get those ST sales going. 

Sometimes you feel like your banging your head against a wall , but what can you do ? The alternative isn't worth contemplating . You get the feeling the board know this , and still play their games , knowing you'll renew anyway. 

a clear out of that squad is needed the difficulty's with that though is most are on long term contracts and we need £30 million spent on a new squad but where that comes from I don't know because davie king doesn't look like he is gonna hand out anything near that so I don't have a fucking clue were we go from here  rangers need investment not next week not next month not next year but now how we get it I don't know

3 hours ago, gmcf said:

I'd say , and as much as I have very little faith in this board , is ,  we have to keep going . 

I can honestly understand those that have had enough , but if we've to get to where we belong , champions , or at least contenders , we have to get those ST sales going. 

Sometimes you feel like your banging your head against a wall , but what can you do ? The alternative isn't worth contemplating . You get the feeling the board know this , and still play their games , knowing you'll renew anyway. 

I agree there will be a need to get strong ST sales going when the time comes.  It may be an easier job if we can get enough confidence in whoever is appointed DOF and Head Coach that they are likely to be able to produce a much improved and much more competitive side next season..  

Part of that is bound to be how much money they will have for team rebuilding.   Its then that the 'what if' on ST sales might be very relevant and I guess it will start to beg some questions.  For instance.......  if all or most of the transfer budget is contingent on a certain level of ST sales ......what happens if that level is not reached?   Will King and the other investors underwrite the transfer budget?   Would the transfer pot cloth have to be cut to fit around whatever volume of STs are sold?   Presumably in their interviews with DOF & Head Coach candidates those they are interviewing will be looking for certain - maybe even binding - assurances on how much money will be available to spend on rebuilding the squad before they sign up? 

Beyond that though I begin to wonder by what volume would ST sales need to fall in order to create a wider and bigger crisis.   What I mean by that is what is the minimum number of STs that would need to be sold which, when added to whatever soft loans or other investment is generated for next season plus bankable (contractually certain) commercial revenues would be needed just to remain viable as a going concern?   

The 64million dollar question forming in my mind is by what volume of fall in ST sales would generate a fundamental financial crisis that could not be overcome by further soft loans or by some other form of investment coming to the rescue?     Is continuing next season shaping up to be dependent on ST sales largely holding up to levels sold this season and more shares being issued ie funding a team rebuild for next season requires Supporters to renew their STs at or around current levels and for enough of the Support in general to buy more shares that are offered?

A decline continuing into financial viability territory is the last place we want to be again.   If it gets to that point, or if it even starts to point towards getting to that point then imo King and the Board must surely be under pressure to step aside.  They would have presided over an incompetence of directorship and management of entirely their own making and their credibility would be shredded beyond repair. 

Dave King is probably now more actively engaged in looking for the next bogeyman than a new manager.

What is happening to our Club at this moment as the Footballing side implodes against ICT has nothing to do with the previous Board, nothing to do with Ashley and the Sports Direct Contract, not even Mark Warburton as we were winning games like that with him in charge.

It has everything to do with Dave King and he is nowhere to be seen. As for Murray?

The team are Clueless, Murty is drowning, Wallace is put in front of the Cameras and admits he is clueless But where is King?