*** The Official Rangers vs St Johnstone Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

3 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Toral might come good

Waghorn is pish

Fod is a bombscare

Garner is an ugly wee cunt as well as being the absolute very worst ever ever. Plenty on here think he's the man & would have scored that sitter "if he had more support". I'm not renewing if he's still here next season.

You're a complete degenerate. 

You would honestly not renew your season ticket if we kept Joe garner?

He's the "worst ever ever"??

He's considerably better than Halliday or Kiernan. 

Just now, LeeWallaceRFC said:

I disagree, he's saved us several points by himself this season and kept us in a number of games. It's undeniably frightening when he has the ball at his feet however that's on the defenders the majority of the time imo, he's placed into some atrocious positions via their back-passes at times.

He has made some very decent saves over the season, he's a good shot stopper

He just never commands himself though, shouts a lot but doesn't take control in the box with crosses and the defenders seem to turn a deaf ear to his instructions, seen both Hill and Kiernan just flat out ignore him tonight at corners/free kicks

100% agree though, some of the fucking shocking back passes he receives are laughable, Tav fired a cracker back at him in the 1st half, better than any shot I seen him hit all night!

Sadly as it stands he'd be towards the bottom of the list of players we need replaced 

7 minutes ago, gsa said:

You're a complete degenerate. 

You would honestly not renew your season ticket if we kept Joe garner?

He's the "worst ever ever"??

He's considerably better than Halliday or Kiernan. 

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word.

Yes.

Yes.

No he isn't actually.

5 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

You obviously don't know the meaning if the word.

Yes.

Yes.

No he isn't actually.

Hahaha!!! 

You're either just telling silly lies, you're not an actual Rangers supporter or you're mentally unstable.

I don't believe for a second that any Rangers fan who was set to renew their season ticket, would change their mind because of one player. It's completely ridiculous. Why don't you fuck off and leave this forum to people who actually support Rangers. 

Yes he is. He's an average player but that makes him miles better than Halliday or Kiernan. 

32 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Just home.

Sorry, but still not acceptable in my eyes. Happy to have won but feel sick watching us waste chance after chance and fail to keep clean sheet game after game.

Thought we were good going forward, created a barrel load of chances - scored 3 and battled back to win with 10 men.

Sent me home happy.

Looked a lot stronger in general tbf. Plenty happier with Tavernier. They were never really a threat until the goal.

Talking to the lad beside me and never seen the Kiernan red, most lads on the bus said it was correct?..

Massive relief at the end.

How the fuck did Garner hit the post from about a yard out man :lol:

Plenty space for him to put that in the net ffs!

Far too many of our players offer absolutely fuck all!

Very glad to pull out the win though, as worrying and hard to watch it got near the end :lol:

It was enjoyable at times and frustrating at times but ultimately thrilling.  A good game of football and there's nothing better than a happy ending. I'm delighted we got a deserved three points from an overall decent performance, especially after the shaggers and hertz games this week..

5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

How the fuck did Garner hit the post from about a yard out man :lol:

Plenty space for him to put that in the net ffs!

Far too many of our players offer absolutely fuck all!

Very glad to pull out the win though, as worrying and hard to watch it got near the end :lol:

Because he's absolute dross with no composure 

Though we played okay, massive improvement from last week. Midfield looked like they had a rocket up their arse and dug in. 

The down sides, lee fucking Wallace !!! The guy is pish, he can't do the simple things like defend. Toral, 2 seasons ago the guy was superb in the championship. I don't think he did that much wrong but needs to get himself into gear. Joey garner, after that miss I really hope people stop defending this guy. 3 yards out and still can't score. Come on to fuck ! Just think it's funny when Andy Halliday comes on it all goes to shit. Enough said about that. IMO he was the worst player to bring on when your down to 10 men and on the back foot. 

Game last night was good midfield to front when the decide to stop passing for the sake of it. Waghorn's goal is an example of what happens when you get the ball in early. Defensively still look shocking, Tav has absolutely no confidence every time he got the ball he couldnt get rid of it quick enough. I would say he needs dropped for a couple of games. See a reply of the sending off, thought it was harsh last night and still think it was harsh should have been a yellow at worst. Still not seen Waghorn's penalty claim which looking clear cut but to not give it and no booking for diving either was a surprise.

I would say I have never seen a team and management who have totally no game management skills. Kenny Miller is the main leader of that team and wasnt the worst player of the night, there was no need to take him off, Toral had been booked and had made a few lunges at players looked like he was a certainty to be sent off and should have been the first sub.

Lee Wallace is an absolute joke of a player. Needs to be stripped of captain as soon as possible. Honestly I wouldnt let him captain the u17's never mind the first team. He wouldnt even be in my team. Constantly caught out of position, the amount of times they managed to get in on his side was a joke. When it went 2-1 and down to 10 men we should have been looking to keep it tight and see out the game but no Wallace has other ideas thinking that it was alright for him to play left wing.

The Garner miss was shocking and then why Mckay doesnt just score himself I will never know.

Slight improvement but we need to stop gifting chances because if we dont we are going to have to keep scoring 2 or 3 to win  

Some players showed they could actually play, some nice stuff and when they came out in the second half looked like they were going to win 3/4-0 but that old self destruct and lack of belief kicked in and of course the referee was absolutely diabolical and it ended up a chore. Methinks keirnan was glad to get sent off, he can't get away quick enough. Deserved win though with a great confidently well taken goal, I should know, I stayed to the end to see it!

IMG_4980.PNG

It was the first time in far too long that we actually deserved to win and I'm glad we got all 3 points.  Although of course it wouldn't have been the Rangers way without making it difficult for ourselves.

As mentioned already, there was a noticeable improvement in our play from midfield to front.  Toral still looks off the pace and gave the ball away a ridiculous amount of time, but Hyndman was again brilliant.  His touch and control is superb and his composure for the winner was great.  I thought Holt done ok too.

Thought Waghorn had a decent game too.  It's evident that his confidence is shot to pieces and his touch is still a concern, but he always looked dangerous and he took his goal really well.

Defence was a shambles yet again.  I really don't think Murty or anyone else can do anything with it to be honest. 

I didn't have a good view of the Kiernan sending off from my seat and haven't seen a replay yet, but I thought at the time he took the ball, and I've seen a number of other people saying it was harsh and was a yellow at the most.  It did look a bit of a lunge at the time however, and he gave the ref an excuse to dismiss him, a ref who had been itching to send someone off for most of the game.

Whether it was harsh or not, we had just been pegged back to 2-1 at the time and we needed everyone to keep the head, and he's let everyone down there IMO.

The win was vital after Aberdeen and Hearts dropping points, and it was pleasing to see this team showing a bit of fight for a change and battling away right until the end.

I was also pleased for Graeme Murty.  I think some of the criticism that has been directed at him (albeit there hasn't been a lot) has been harsh as he's been well and truly thrown in to the deep end by the board, who continue to stumble from day to day seemingly not having a clue who or what they want to bring in.

Big game on Saturday now.  With a similar performance to last night we should have enough to see of Hamilton.